Thread: The fight, the undisclosed injury, bets and a class action lawsuit??

One of you sports betting guys will have to fill me in:

Now it's been disclosed that Manny hid from officials that he had a shoulder injury pre-fight and he might face a penalty of some sort from Nevada officials for not revealing the injury pre-fight.

There has been a class action lawsuit filed against Manny.

I am guessing a lot of people lost money betting on Manny without knowing there was a shoulder injury, and that the shoulder injury was not revealed.

At the same time I read that had Manny disclosed the injury to Nevada officials that it would have been held as confidential information and would not have been released to anyone, anyway.

Sort it all out for me, please??

Pacquaio's people knew he was injured. If it's as bad as advertised, rotator cuff with three-to-eight month recovery after surgery, this was a travesty.

Pacquaio's people checked "no" on the injury box on the pre-fight checklist, even though they requested a painkiller for the shoulder. I suspect they knew what they were doing and checked no so as to skirt any lawsuits. Basically, they can claim the injury happened during the fight if they really thought there would be some financial issues.

They wanted their money without a delay. They got it. Mayweather most likely knew Pacquaio was hurt, also, so chew on that for awhile.

redietz what about a class action lawsuit against Manny?

I don't see it winning. You would have to assemble witnesses who could testify that Pacquaio couldn't fight properly before the actual fight. Pacquaio did not spar in his usual gym for a couple of weeks. His camp said that he had moved his sparring to another gym so as to avoid the public. Not likely, but that's their story.

Some fighters do not spar in the weeks immediately prior to a fight; each fighter is different. So Pacquaio not sparring for those weeks doesn't prove anything, although it suggests something. By not checking the injury box on the checklist, his camp can basically say he was banged up, but the real damage occurred during the actual fight. Unless you have MRIs of Pacquaio pre-fight and after-fight, no proof of anything there, either.

So this was a lousy deal for the public. This brings up the question, if Pacquaio was indeed hurt before the fight but chose to fight, why mention it at all? Why not just go with the cover story that the injury occurred during the fight?

Can you spell "Rematch?"

Thread Information