Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Total Rewards companion card question

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    84
    At 80,000 tier points you can get a diamond companion card for someone.
    At 150,000 tier points you can get a seven star companion card for someone.
    Does that someone have to be the same person.
    I am diamond my brother is diamond.
    It does no good to make me a diamond companion as I am already diamond
    Can my brother at 80,000 make my mother his diamond companion
    then when he reaches 150,000 make me his seven star companion?

  2. #2
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,636
    This is an excellent question and I don't know the answer. I do know that when you make someone your 7 Stars companion it is like being glued at the hip to that person. There is no divorce in this marriage. You sign a document saying (insert name here) is your 7 Stars Companion until the next anniversary date.

    My "guess" would be that your Diamond companion would have to follow through as your 7 Stars companion for that fiscal year. But for that to be the "rule" it would have to say that on the Diamond companion authorization form that you sign.

    Has anyone seen such a "condition" on their Diamond companion authorization form?
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  3. #3
    If you earned 7 Stars for play in 2014, you can designate someone for your 7 Stars companion card. If you did not make 7 Stars for your play in 2014, and you make Diamond Aspirations 2 (80,000 tier credits) in 2015, you can designate someone as your Diamond companion. If you then proceed to make 7 Stars in 2015, you can designate domestic ne else as you 7 Star companion.
    You can only have both companions if you were not already 7 Stars.

    This is the info I was given at the TR Desk in Paris, January 2015. I made 7 Stars for the first time during the summer of 2014. I had given someone my Diamond companion in April 2014. I was able to make someone else a 7 Star companion in January 2015.

    The person you designate as your Diamond or 7 Star companion needs their own TR number and must be with you at a TR desk.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by ke6cdh View Post
    At 80,000 tier points you can get a diamond companion card for someone.
    At 150,000 tier points you can get a seven star companion card for someone.
    Does that someone have to be the same person.
    I am diamond my brother is diamond.
    It does no good to make me a diamond companion as I am already diamond
    Can my brother at 80,000 make my mother his diamond companion
    then when he reaches 150,000 make me his seven star companion?
    The companion cards are really no big deal. You can cut lines. You get access to the Diamond lounge, but just for the companion card holder. If you are already diamond, I really don't see any advantage to being a 7 star companion. The companion cards are not the same as a diamond or 7 star card. "Companion" is indicated on the card.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    257
    Originally Posted by Luckylisa View Post
    You can only have both companions if you were not already 7 Stars.
    So a Diamond Aspiration who goes on to make 7-stars can give out two companion passes but an existing 7-star is penalized and can can only get one. Kind of like the removal of the Aspiration dinner from the "already 7-stars" that happened last year.

  6. #6
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,636
    I agree with Chimp it is unfair. But so are the video poker paytables.

    LuckyLisa thanks very much for the information!!
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Valley
    Posts
    84
    Who ever said total rewards was FAIR

  8. #8
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,636
    Originally Posted by ke6cdh View Post
    Who ever said total rewards was FAIR
    Nor does it have to be fair. It is what it is. You shouldn't play for comps anyway.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Luckylisa View Post
    The companion cards are really no big deal. You can cut lines. You get access to the Diamond lounge, but just for the companion card holder. If you are already diamond, I really don't see any advantage to being a 7 star companion. The companion cards are not the same as a diamond or 7 star card. "Companion" is indicated on the card.
    Agree.

    I gave my companion card to my dad so he can use 7 Star lines. But he doesn't gamble, and only tends to be in Vegas when I am, so this is only of use when he and I are separated.

    That's really all it's good for.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  10. #10
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,636
    Actually the only real reason to have a 7 Stars card in Vegas is for certain Caesars properties with restricted parking -- such as the Augustus entrance at Caesars Palace. Or course it also helps at restaurants and THE BUFFET at Caesars and the cage. But as most everyone knows THAT'S ALL a companion 7 Stars card can do for you. And frankly, that's about all a regular 7 Stars card can do for you also. Money does not fall from the skies for 7 Stars players. And all of those other benefits that come with 7 Stars all depend on casino visits. Nordstrom, Dodger Stadium, Disneyland, Bank of America -- none of them recognize the 7 Stars card for anything.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Actually the only real reason to have a 7 Stars card in Vegas is for certain Caesars properties with restricted parking -- such as the Augustus entrance at Caesars Palace. Or course it also helps at restaurants and THE BUFFET at Caesars and the cage. But as most everyone knows THAT'S ALL a companion 7 Stars card can do for you. And frankly, that's about all a regular 7 Stars card can do for you also. Money does not fall from the skies for 7 Stars players. And all of those other benefits that come with 7 Stars all depend on casino visits. Nordstrom, Dodger Stadium, Disneyland, Bank of America -- none of them recognize the 7 Stars card for anything.
    I don't agree with you about a regular Seven Stars card.

    If you use the benefits it offers, it can be quite valuable.

    The Norwegian cruise that would have cost $4100 was around $650 for me, thanks to the Seven Stars benefit.

    I use the annual trip for $1200 airfare every year to somewhere I actually want to go, and incorporate the casino part of it before leaving on a road trip elsewhere and flying back from a different airport.

    I use the free room benefit a lot where I wouldn't otherwise qualify for it by my play.

    I use the $500 annual meal (now 5 $100 meals).

    I get 30% rakeback on wsop.com.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    136
    And for those of us with some pretty serious health problems, its a life saver when it comes to beating long lines and getting specials at eating establishments. Heading to Cherokee in the morning, where they have a special Seven Star room in the Diamond Lounge. It adds some great food to the already good menu.

  13. #13
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,636
    Dan, yes there are benefits tied to having a Seven Stars card, but the piece of plastic itself doesn't get you that. You get those benefits because you played a certain amount. You put through in video poker (not counting bonuses) $1.5-million dollars and all of those "benefits" you listed is really just a "comp" you "earned."

    When you come down to the true value of the plastic -- it allows you to use special lines and windows and valets.

    Back in the old RFB days we didn't get a plastic card -- but we got plenty of offers and free rooms and free meals and frankly, looking back, in the old RFB days the comps were more generous than what they are now.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  14. #14
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,636
    Originally Posted by carolinajacket View Post
    they have a special Seven Star room in the Diamond Lounge. It adds some great food to the already good menu.
    "Newer" players may not know this but Caesars Palace used to have a Seven Stars Lounge in what is now the Diamond/7Stars registration room. That lounge had a waitress/host with a bar and a "chef" in the back preparing hot dishes (real meals) and there were buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with multiple TVs for watching and sofas and it was open from breakfast till late night with no time limits. The breakfast "spread" was amazing. It was eliminated for the same reason that the "real food" was eliminated from the Diamond lounge -- the restaurants complained it cost them customers.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan, yes there are benefits tied to having a Seven Stars card, but the piece of plastic itself doesn't get you that. You get those benefits because you played a certain amount. You put through in video poker (not counting bonuses) $1.5-million dollars and all of those "benefits" you listed is really just a "comp" you "earned."

    When you come down to the true value of the plastic -- it allows you to use special lines and windows and valets.

    Back in the old RFB days we didn't get a plastic card -- but we got plenty of offers and free rooms and free meals and frankly, looking back, in the old RFB days the comps were more generous than what they are now.
    Players like me benefit from systems like TR, as it contains guaranteed benefits, rather than the subjective whims of human beings who decide if you're doing enough for them lately.

    With that said, for the average player, I do believe the RFB days were better.

    These cards were created in order to track and entice the most lucrative customers -- the slot players. Prior to the introduction of these cards, it was difficult to track people's slot action (and losses), and therefore hard to comp/entice them to return.

    CET now seems to be slowly coming to the conclusion that they also don't need to provide good VP paytables or anything else which lowers the casino edge, as they don't really want those types of players anymore. They've decided that it's more worth the resources to entice players who are willing to play at a big disadvantage, rather than worrying about grinding small profits from those who stick to high-return machines or table games.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  16. #16
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,636
    Dan, table players were treated much better before TR came around. Today, table players are dramatically undercomped because of the way TR is set up.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •