Each year since 2000 I make token $100 bets on each of the four Boston sports teams to win the championship. I haven't kept track, but I know I've gone in to collect more than my share for someone who does something similar.

What happens to bets made for the coming season when they take a team off the board because of something like this deflategate nonsense?

I'm with Joe Theisman on this issue BTW. Brady would never, after already having won 3 SB's, intentionally cheat to get some sort of industry-perceived "edge" in any game. It makes no sense, and he's even said he doesn't like his football's soft anyway. I know Goodell needs to project strength after flubbing up the domestic violence cases, but to pick on today's face of the NFL who plays for the most prolific team in the sport seems stupid, especially when there's only the equivalence of hearsay as "evidence". Besides, his wife just retired, and how they gonna make it with his cut in pay?

I believe regardless how the appeal goes, the best thing he can do is what now seems as a far tougher challenge: win another SB in the next 3-4 years. I'll double my bets on the Pats each year until he retires.