Thread: $20-Million per Atomic Bomb

I was reading up on the costs of keeping up the nation's nuclear arsenal, and while there aren't exact figures available the estimates are that the cost of a single nuclear weapon for delivery by plane or missile ranges between $15million and $20million each.

Suppose Uncle Sam didn't make just one atomic bomb? What could we do with $20million instead?

A 2015 Mercedes C300 has a sticker price of about $40,000 and for $20-million the government could buy 500.

I just bought a grilled cheese sandwich, a large diet Coke, and a five-piece mini churros at Jack In The Box for $5.31 (before the senior discount). Instead of one atomic bomb, Uncle Sam could buy this lunch for 3,766,478 people.

I just paid my electric bill to the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. My bill (for two months) was $176. Instead of one atomic bomb, 113,636 bills like mine could be paid.

According to the Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors a mid-priced condo in the Vegas area in May was $112,000. That means one bomb could pay for 178 condos.

One atomic bomb can pay for a lot of things that are good. At the same time remember that just one atomic bomb can ruin your day.

Alan....For 2 plays on a 5$ vp machine you could buy a steak dinner at you favorite steak house......3 plays you could add a lobster tail.....lol

Originally Posted by spojoey View Post
    Alan....For 2 plays on a 5$ vp machine you could buy a steak dinner at you favorite steak house......3 plays you could add a lobster tail.....lol
    Come to think of it: Caesars lost $1 billion in the quarter that ended Dec. 31, and that's just fifty (50) atomic bombs.

Thread Information