Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back To Bellagio

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Aren't the IRS regulations just lovely? I'd rather win $1199.99 than $1200.00 even if it actually means losing a penny.
    I don't know if Pechanga still does this but on its Double Double Bonus type video poker games quads pay $1195 instead of $1250 to avoid W2Gs.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I happen to love the tables at Bellagio. They are the right size with a good bounce that's not too much. The lighting is also very good on the tables so you can see the dice pips. At Caesars, where I usually play, the lighting is bad on some tables and the dice can land in dark shadows.
    Hey Alan,
    On your return visit to Bellagio....way to get back on the horse! We have always loved the property (whats not to right?) used to stay there frequently in the late 90's early 2000's. Funny though i never cared for the craps tables. Too hard and bouncy, lots of dont players, never had a good feel there. Dealers were always top notch though.

dannyj I always loved the craps tables at Bellagio. I don't think they are too bouncy at all and I think their length is perfect especially if you are stick right or stick left.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Do they still have Olive's restaurant? I used to always stay there full RFB but regularly ate at Olives, which wasn't covered under the deal, because I loved it.

Alan on your next visit you might try out their 10-play $25 machine for "fun". One spin will do. I did that on 8/5 BP and was dealt a pair of A's. Amazing that no hand improved, and I still got a signer.
    Rob you are such a liar. Everyone here knows you are full of cow dung.

I don't know about before, but nowadays Olives can be charged to RFB at Bellagio.

I am hearing that, in general, M Life properties are more generous with offers and discretionary comps, whereas Caesars' Seven Stars program is superior with guaranteed benefits (and ease of getting in) than M Life's Noir.

A player like me still benefits way more from the CET system (plus they have properties in a lot more cities).

But I am considering starting to play at MGM properties just to get some good offers generating.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I think Rob meant that HE alone could not use his RFB at Olives because he went there so much. If indeed that's what he really meant I think it's about as absurd as dropping three queens to draw a royal at $25 video poker.

Yes, it generated a w2g just for getting my money back. Pretty stupid. Same thing as saying I had an income of $1250 for the effort, which of course I didn't. But I was filing a Schedule C at the time so it had no affect. Today would be a different story.

Give it a try next visit. It's a rush.

Give it a try for $1250 for one play? That's 25% of my budget for a weekend in Vegas.

I think Rob meant that HE alone could not use his RFB at Olives because he went there so much. If indeed that's what he really meant I think it's about as absurd as dropping three queens to draw a royal at $25 video poker.
    No, it wasn't allowed at the time and for years. Glad it's still there because I'll be going back.

You may hit something on the 10-play machine. I think what you mean is whether you win or lose on that spin, you know you'd play it until you hit an unbelievable winner or you dump the $5k. You should try it. Either win big or eliminate your slow, excruciating losing process.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

You may hit something on the 10-play machine. I think what you mean is whether you win or lose on that spin, you know you'd play it until you hit an unbelievable winner or you dump the $5k. You should try it. Either win big or eliminate your slow, excruciating losing process.
    Sorry, Rob. Not my style. You are talking about in a worst case scenario -- making only four plays. 4 X $1250 = $5,000. I'm not rich like Rob Singer. I can't do that. But the next time YOU do it, call me and I'll videotape it. I would love to see YOU do it.

A few years ago my friend and I were finding nothing but cold craps tables at Caesars so we went over to bellagio to play. We always draw some attention because of the level of our play. So the guy comes over and asks our names and are we staying there, etc. After a few hours I asked him what kind of deal that play would get us if we stayed there. He wouldn't commit to anything. I kept reiterating that I meant if we played that way 6-8 hours a day--not just based upon that 3 hours. He still wouldn't commit so we dropped the subject, took a pretty good profit, and never went back.

Maybe they are looser now or maybe he was just a low level guy, but they lost 2 customers who were really ready to switch.

Interesting story regnis. Of course table comps are generally small no matter where you play. But to repeat -- I earned a total of $52 in comps during both my video poker and craps play and if I hadn't been comped up front by the host, I'd have to drive to the Golden Arches for my meals because the room alone was $270 a night. So in a way, I am "trapped" at staying at Caesars and maybe playing at Bellagio until I reach a certain "comp level" to make the switch.

By the way, back in the old days 4 hours at craps with an average bet of about $175 would get you RFB. But that was the old days.

I had a similar rush (for me) playing the $5 bp machine at 1,2,&5 credits. I got up to $175- where I shoulda quit-and lost back down to $100 where I did quit. The rush came drawing to trips. Maybe next time.

Sorry, Rob. Not my style. You are talking about in a worst case scenario -- making only four plays. 4 X $1250 = $5,000. I'm not rich like Rob Singer. I can't do that. But the next time YOU do it, call me and I'll videotape it. I would love to see YOU do it.
    I have to ask you from a line by Darren McGavin straight out of the classic Night Stalker movie: His degenerate gambler friend is sitting at a BJ table; DM is standing behind him waiting for him to get up so he could do something for DM. The guy turns around and explains to DM "Kolchak, I'll be right there after I lose this last hand". DM walks away, mutterring "have you ever thought about that maybe you could WIN?"

People who gamble and expect to lose usually do. The confidence just isn't there. Winning is an odd concept to them, as even if they get ahead, many times they'll go home in a loss situation....and likely feel happy that they met "expectation". It's in the same vein as the old saying "scared money never won a dime".

50% of the game is 90% mental.

Thanks for your insights Rob but I'm still not risking $1250 on a single play on a ten hand $25/coin video poker game.

Thread Information