Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Plaza at $14.50 a night

I have a new advertiser coming on my Best Buys TV Show in Los Angeles starting in September. It's a travel wholesaler who puts together hotel packages.

Usually these are wholesaled to businesses to use in promotions, but they also sell them direct to the public. That's why they are going on my TV show.

The package they are selling is for two weeknights at The Plaza in downtown Vegas for a TOTAL price of $29. That's $14.50 per night. There are no extra costs for taxes or fees. $29 total.

You also get a discount card for restaurants, shows, attractions and the discount card is valid for a full year so you can keep using it even after your two night stay at The Plaza.

For more info please go to this page on my website:
    http://alanbestbuys.com/id403.html

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I have a new advertiser coming on my Best Buys TV Show in Los Angeles starting in September. It's a travel wholesaler who puts together hotel packages.

Usually these are wholesaled to businesses to use in promotions, but they also sell them direct to the public. That's why they are going on my TV show.

The package they are selling is for two weeknights at The Plaza in downtown Vegas for a TOTAL price of $29. That's $14.50 per night. There are no extra costs for taxes or fees. $29 total.

You also get a discount card for restaurants, shows, attractions and the discount card is valid for a full year so you can keep using it even after your two night stay at The Plaza.
    For more info please go to this page on my website:
    http://alanbestbuys.com/id403.html
    Nice to see that you're pimping out a scam company Alan. I hope the little money you get from them is worth the selling of your integrity. Maybe you should do a little more research on your advertisers. Before you pawn them off to your sheep.

I don't know about the advertiser, but the Plaza's rooms are dumps and I don't know why anyone coming in from out of town would ever choose to stay there when so many other great places exist. You say because of the cost? The fools will probably lose ten times that in a day anyway by gambling stupidly.

The "fools" are going to lose their money regardless.

Looks like you have a tough crowd on your hands this morning, Sir Alan. LOL!

I've probably stayed in worse places that cost more.

I wouldn't stay there if they paid me...it's a dump.

Wow...such negativity.
    The Plaza is an old building, but I would not classify it as a dump.
    My room was huge, clean and comfy. The bathroom was a tad small but adequate.
    I enjoyed the selection of slots and VP and LOVED the Wonder Boogie band playing on weekend evenings.
    The dining selection was good too....Ocsars, HHAGG, and a food court.
    I stayed in the Fall of 2014, Spring 2015 and I am heading back for Halloween.
    I really enjoy the Plaza!
    [IMG][/IMG]

I believe they acquired their room furnishings from the Fontainebleau.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    I believe they acquired their room furnishings from the Fontainebleau.
    Correct. Please see my video on the page on my website. http://alanbestbuys.com/id403.html

Without throwing too much braggadocio into the ring, my grand-uncle was a multi-millionaire and he always

stayed in fleabag hotels/motels because "there is no property equity being built for you in the hotel cost". He

even went to Vegas on business travels (cheap food only, never gambled) and he would have LOVED this deal

Alan presented today.

My point being that frugal well-to-do travelers can appreciate this deal just as much as

destitute degenerates. The deceased billionaire Kirk Kerkorian whom Alan created a forum thread about was

known to drive around in a hum-drum Ford Taurus, by the way.

When you go to a place like LV which is supposed to be fun, why in the world would anyone ever want to stay in a room that's not at least as nice as the room where they live?

That assist aside, if you can't go to LV without looking for the cheapest deals on rooms, rental cars, food etc., then why bother going? The slightest 50c overcharge or billing error is going to ruin the whole trip for you. And this, while people happily piss their "so much per day allocated to gambling" money away with a smile and a giggle.

LV is there for more than one reason folks. Take advantage of all it offers. Those nice resorts aren't just there for all the foreigners.

Gosh. Not everyone qualifies for a comped room. And not everyone can afford $270 a night at Bellagio.

And Rob... not everyone has a hundred thousand dollars a year of video poker profits.

Geez.

Let's keep in mind that the "average visitor" to Vegas has a gambling budget of $200.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    When you go to a place like LV which is supposed to be fun, why in the world would anyone ever want to stay in a room that's not at least as nice as the room where they live?

That assist aside, if you can't go to LV without looking for the cheapest deals on rooms, rental cars, food etc., then why bother going?
    Well in my grand-uncle's case he lived in the same set of apartments he leased out to one section of his tenants, and Las Vegas was just another stopover city to him except for better deals on food, etc. Vegas was nothing special to him.

Some people are just notoriously frugal. What else can I say?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Let's not forget young folks who share an apartment and are on their first job.

Certainly this is not a deal for the mega players like Rob Singer.

Congrats on the Plaza deal, Alan.

I like the Plaza. They are really making an effort. The rooms have Fountainebleu furnishings and artwork, which are nice. The lobby is good-looking enough now. There is a nice coffee stand by the lobby. Hash House a-Go-Go is also next to the lobby. For those who prefer more standard fare, McDonald's opens early in the food court.

The Plaza is also home to the flagship location of the William Hill sports books, which offers competitive futures and isn't afraid to gamble.

I haven't yet eaten at Oscar's, but will endeavor to do so next visit.

They are making an effort, and the Plaza in this recent incarnation adds something to the downtown.

The primary negative would be the horror-filmish parking garage, which can be avoided via valet, and the bus depot next door, which contributes to the parking garage issues.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Congrats on the Plaza deal, Alan.
    Thanks. As you can see I've been involved (in a minor way) with the Plaza going back a couple of years to when they first started the renovation. The furniture they bought really is attractive.

By the way, The Plaza is where the old Amtrak Train Station is -- and IF they ever get train service to Vegas again The Plaza will be the main downtown hotel. That video I shot at The Plaza was when I was doing videos about the X Train project.

Alan, I hate to be a negative Nelly here, but there are some bad reviews for this company (the wholesaler, not the Plaza):

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...2505e7490cb0,1

Are you 100% sure that the $29 includes no additional fees, and that it doesn't require a timeshare presentation?

Most of the complaints on Google reviews involve them acting in a shady fashion regarding timeshare presentations.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I'm still shaking my head. Why go to a place like LV if you can't live it up a bit? Penny pinching and creating positive vibes about a well known dump doesn't cut it. No wonder so many people who go to LV end up divorced. If I were to take my wife to the Plaza, she'd turn around and leave for home immediately. Even when we were first married.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Alan, I hate to be a negative Nelly here, but there are some bad reviews for this company (the wholesaler, not the Plaza):

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...2505e7490cb0,1

Are you 100% sure that the $29 includes no additional fees, and that it doesn't require a timeshare presentation?

Most of the complaints on Google reviews involve them acting in a shady fashion regarding timeshare presentations.
    What say you now Alan? Timeshare as well as resort fees. Guess the best buy guru forgot to do his research. Or were you just too busy patting yourself on the back for securing a new scam sponsor?

Fu(king old man douche.

Thread Information