Thread: Caesars, why do you even bother?

I just received an email from Caesars with a shopping offer for the Forum shops. Why did they even bother to send this to me?

The offer is for $300 for shopping. $300 wouldn't be bad if I could use it at Target or Macy's, but look at the stores where the $300 can be used:

Breitling
    Cartier
    Pandora
    Tourneau
    Van Cleef & Arpels

Why bother, Caesars?

That's an incredibly short list of stores.

They used to have a pretty big selection you could choose from. I usually chose Tommy Bahama. I know you did, too.

The reason you're restricted to certain stores is because Caesars doesn't pay dollar for dollar for those credits. They get them at a discount, and only certain stores (ones with really high markups in the first place) are willing to make such a deal.

My guess is that Caesars lowered what they were willing to pay per dollar of credit, so only those 5 stores were willing to play ball with them.

FAIL
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Tourneau has some watches well within your budget, like: http://www.tourneau.com/watches/g-sh...&sz=90&start=1

I bought my watch at Tourneau and I always go there looking for an "upgrade" to a full diamond bezel. Do you think this $300 will help me reach the tipping point? LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Probably the markup costs for the products at those shops are well over the $300 they can offer.

Originally Posted by alpax View Post
    Probably the markup costs for the products at those shops are well over the $300 they can offer.
    It's more than that. They give you a $300 "discount" also hoping you will buy a pricier item.

Everybody wins with these offers except the "player." $300 is not enough for me to spend two nights at Caesars when in reality I couldn't buy anything I really wanted for just $300 at these stores.

Dan was correct when he mentioned Tommy Bahama. $300 at TB would get me some nice jeans and shirts and that would have been something to consider. Last time I was at TB I had $500 and I got three pairs of jeans, two belts, shoes and shirts. I think they had a sale on at the time, too.

If Caesars offered $300 of free play it would have been more attractive than this shopping offer. If Caesars offered $300 of dining credits it would have been more attractive than this shopping offer.

Of course. The "markup" on free play is a couple of percent. The markup on food is less than the markup at these limited high end stores, so these stores are the worst of all possible $300 deals.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I just received an email from Caesars with a shopping offer for the Forum shops. Why did they even bother to send this to me?

The offer is for $300 for shopping. $300 wouldn't be bad if I could use it at Target or Macy's, but look at the stores where the $300 can be used:

Breitling
    Cartier
    Pandora
    Tourneau
    Van Cleef & Arpels

Why bother, Caesars?
    I know what you mean. I'm not Seven Stars so my same offer was only for a $100 gift card. Pathetic.

Thread Information