Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year's Eve at Caesars Palace

I was just told that Ariana Grande will be the performer at Caesars Palace for the New Year's Eve party. "Who?" is what I said.

Rob Singer -- you might be right. I might not be going back to Vegas this year.

Wow -- I am stunned, and I knew who she was. She's more of a "Nickelodeon New Year's" performer. She's young, as in real young. I thought she was still a teenager, but I just looked it up, and I guess she's actually 22.

Don't get me wrong, she can sing, which is a rarity these days with pop stars. But for Caesars on New Years? Interesting choice.

I just found out she's the one who tasted donuts at the Temecula donut shop and made anti American comments. Now I'm in shock.

Most of her fans aren't old enough to gamble, so it's an outside the box choice, to be sure.

I made a mistake. She was the one who licked the donuts on the counter at the donut shop in Lake Elsinore near Temecula and made the anti America comments.

I asked around and yes she is best known among those too young to gamble.

Maybe Caesars is campaigning for a 16 year old minimum for gambling?

Caesars Palace will not be my New Year's Eve destination this year. And as a friend of mine told me in a phone call "she needs a lot of image reconstruction."

I hope they keep her out of the buffet.

So Caesars doesn't understand their customer base?

Shocking!

Never have I been so happy to be overcomped and not invited to the New Years festivities.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Two years ago when Katy Perry was there for New Year's they had the special concert in a ballroom in the Augustus Tower. Maybe they will do that again with this donut-licking, anti-America comment making youngster? And if that's the case is there another show in the Colosseum?

Last year Jennifer Lopez was in the Colosseum. I wonder if they think AG will also fill the Colosseum the way JLo did?

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So Caesars doesn't understand their customer base?
    I think Caesars has changed what customers it wants, which is why there are now $10 craps tables and a new club and penny slots and pet friendly rooms. They don't want serious gamblers anymore.

I remember that report about her donut-licking and anti-American comments. When she realized she got caught and it was on tape she immediately apologized yada yada yada. Nothing came of it because the only ones who have any interest in her are teens. Just another dumbass foreigner/minority. But also a POOR choice for a Caesar's NYE entertainer. What responsible adult cares anything at all about seeing her (unless she licks more than donuts )

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Just another dumbass foreigner/minority.
    For the record: she was born in Boca Raton, Florida.

Some might argue that Florida is no longer part of America because of all the foreigners who now live there. I guess you could also argue that America is no longer America since (with the exception of the American Indians) all of us -- or our parents or grandparents -- came from somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    For the record: she was born in Boca Raton, Florida.

Some might argue that Florida is no longer part of America because of all the foreigners who now live there. I guess you could also argue that America is no longer America since (with the exception of the American Indians) all of us -- or our parents or grandparents -- came from somewhere else.
    That's right. The Indians spontaneously generated.

The natives aren't true natives either. They're Asian.

And S. California is just an extension of Mexico anyway.

Back to the topic at hand. I actually do think Alan is correct here (and --for the record, BG -- I hope this does not count as too much ass kissing). Caesars Palace, as opposed to CET in general, has decided they want a different customer. Now here's what I do not understand, and perhaps you CET aficionados can explain it. I always understood Harrah's, now CET, did not want serious gamblers. They were always the antithesis of Binions. But Caesars Palace kept its identity somewhat as the last CET bastion for classier higher-end serious gambling. To assign this performer for the biggest, highest profile night of the year suggests they are tossing everybody over 30 out of the window.

Comments, criticisms?

You have to remember what Vegas is becoming. Less of a gambling town and more of a young party city.

redietz I agree with you. jbjb I agree with you.

New Year's Eve party -- what's the captive audience? Is this something anyone can go to with charged admission? Or is this an invite-only type of party? If it's invite-only, then it's most likely a bad decision, since those who would be invited would almost certainly not be interested in Ariana Grande performing. If it's an anyone-can-go with charged admission kind of a thing, I don't think it's all that bad.

RS__ you are a dealer in Vegas?

Caesars restricts the tickets to its list of Seven Stars and Diamond players. Tickets are not for sale to the general public.

This is the entertainment that comes with their ballyhooed NYE event for their best patrons.

This popped up on my facebook page one day.

I don't think she's that much younger than Katie Perry...who I've read is someone's dream come true.

Oh pleaseeee. She doesn't come close to my love Katy Perry.

Thanks for posting. Now I definitely don't want to see her.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    RS__ you are a dealer in Vegas?

Caesars restricts the tickets to its list of Seven Stars and Diamond players. Tickets are not for sale to the general public.

This is the entertainment that comes with their ballyhooed NYE event for their best patrons.
    They also don't invite all Seven Stars to this -- only the ones they feel are worth good money to them.

I have never been invited to one of these concerts, despite being a Seven Stars member since 2012.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information