Thread: Testing new model cars around LA

From time to time we see cars around the LA area wrapped in a peculiar covering. These are test cars of new models or test models and they are being used to test driving conditions, etc.

Below are photos of what I was told is a new BMW 7 Series. How do I know? After I snapped the photos while the car was parked on the street in Ventura, a city northwest of LA, the driver came out of a business. I asked him and he told me.

He also said he worked for BMW.

I hope this doesn't get him in trouble, but I am a reporter and the car is being driven on public streets and it's not a military secret.

The wrap covers any logos or names or symbols and is meant to distract you... but I think it just brings more attention to the auto and you pretty much can figure out what car make it is.

In this case the front grill is a giveaway that it's a BMW.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Is the design partially done / unfinished? I like the design, it's pretty cool....but I think it'd look much better if the entire car had the design all the way around (including the hood, top of trunk door, roof, and area right below windows).

If you are referring to the wrap I've seen test cars that are entirely wrapped and some like this BMW with some sections unwrapped. The idea of the wrap is to take the focus of your attention away from the actual design shape of the car and to cover any identifying marks or logos. For example they might wrap the spinners on wheel covers or wheels.

Thread Information