Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We've heard about it, and I saw it. The Great Video Poker Blunder

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    On the particular hand. Where she was overall is completely irrelevant for the purposes of this discussion.
    I agree and I've even mentioned that when I'm just killing time, I'll find the lowest denomination game and just play one credit myself. When doing that, it's not about wins or losses. One night long ago I had to wait on a friend so I sat at a hundred play 1¢ game and that's exactly what I did one penny at a time.

Regardless Alan, play through then cash it out!

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I have no memory of that thread? It must have been posted when I was on a monster craps roll. Rob I get $1,000 of free play at Bellagio tomorrow. How do I play it? They have 7/5 Bonus at all levels including a $5 progressive on the royal.
    Pretty sure they have 9/6 JOB. Well, I know plenty of MGM properties on strip have it. For $5 single line. That's if you want to maximize value.

If you want to have low variance and get most of it.....play VBJ or video roulette.

Rob have you gotten your freeplay out of the Palms yet? The year's almost over!

I have no memory of that thread? It must have been posted when I was on a monster craps roll. Rob I get $1,000 of free play at Bellagio tomorrow. How do I play it? They have 7/5 Bonus at all levels including a $5 progressive on the royal.
    That depends on what you're going to Bellagio for and if you 100% want to go home with a profit. I've checked into that place 2 nights full RFB many times and left after less than an hour because I hit my win goal. Obviously that's why they banned me. If I received that offer right now I'd go there, play 25c BP with the entire thing, then go home. I like money. And by the way, I went to the Palms on my offer last week. I was there 6 hours, turned the free play into $3130, then left. I went up to the room (a beautiful suite) ruffled up the bed & bathrooms, put the DND sign on the door, then on checkout day I called the front desk from home and said I had to rush out to the airport and didn't have the proper time to even checkout on my TV so I'm calling it in as a courtesy. No eating, no sleeping....just profiting. Exactly what they did NOT want or expect me to do.

However, I believe you're going for a certain # of nights no matter what, so that $1000 probably won't mean much. In that case, you might as well play 2 hands on the $100 machine since you're probably going to play it anyway.

Good luck.

I don't know of any 9/6 Jacks games and I looked.

I am there for the Great Gift Wrap Up but staying at Bellagio and not Caesars because there is NO free play offer from Caesars. I have plenty of comp offers but I am saving those for New Years.

I am there for two nights. I also have a lot of comp dollars at Bellagio so we can have a couple nice meals.

I was thinking of $1 7/5 Bonus -- run it through. Thoughts?

you might as well play 2 hands on the $100 machine since you're probably going to play it anyway.
    No Rob. She'll kill me.

Alan, I provided the Bellagio vpfree link either this thread it another and it shows 8/5 bp. Check it out and see if you can find them.

Personally, I'd do what Rob suggested find the best 25¢ game and have at it one line at a time.

If I recall the 8/5 Bonus was on multi line spin poker.

Spin Poker can be played for a single line, if you wish. It's actually pretty fun (playing multiple lines on SP). Of course, it can also be brutal. But it's cool when you hit a RF or a big hand (like four Aces) on it, because you oftentimes hit it multiple times.

If I recall the 8/5 Bonus was on multi line spin poker.
    Exactly what RS_ said. You can play just one line at five credits. Just don't be tempted to play more if you don't want to.

That depends on what you're going to Bellagio for and if you 100% want to go home with a profit. I've checked into that place 2 nights full RFB many times and left after less than an hour because I hit my win goal. Obviously that's why they banned me. If I received that offer right now I'd go there, play 25c BP with the entire thing, then go home. I like money. And by the way, I went to the Palms on my offer last week. I was there 6 hours, turned the free play into $3130, then left. I went up to the room (a beautiful suite) ruffled up the bed & bathrooms, put the DND sign on the door, then on checkout day I called the front desk from home and said I had to rush out to the airport and didn't have the proper time to even checkout on my TV so I'm calling it in as a courtesy. No eating, no sleeping....just profiting. Exactly what they did NOT want or expect me to do.

However, I believe you're going for a certain # of nights no matter what, so that $1000 probably won't mean much. In that case, you might as well play 2 hands on the $100 machine since you're probably going to play it anyway.

Good luck.
    Just curious. At the Horseshoe you are only allowed to play the free play in ONE machine-I tried cashing out early and it wouldn't let me. Would that make a difference in the type of strategy one would use?

Probably have to find one with many denominations and game types.

At Bellagio the free play I am getting cannot be used at table games, but only at slots and video poker.

I would much prefer to use it at table games IF the free play were "good till lost" and the denominations of the free play could be small.

At Caesars your free play amount is divided among ten equal bets. So, for example, $1,000 of free play would be ten $100 bets -- good till lost.

I would not want to be forced to make $100 free play bets. But if $1,000 could be divided among $50 bets or even $25 bets, I would consider it a really great option.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Just curious. At the Horseshoe you are only allowed to play the free play in ONE machine-I tried cashing out early and it wouldn't let me. Would that make a difference in the type of strategy one would use?
    No, just try to find the type of multi's machine jbjb mentioned. It's common to get free play that has to all be played on one machine, unless it's the type like I just had at the Palms where I could download whatever amount I wanted on any machine and play it.

Yeah. I just hate to hit quads right off the bat and have to keep playing.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Yeah. I just hate to hit quads right off the bat and have to keep playing.
    Yes, that would be awful. Instead of continuing to play the FP, you should just quit, leaving the FP in the machine. You don't need it -- you just hit quads!

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    Yes, that would be awful. Instead of continuing to play the FP, you should just quit, leaving the FP in the machine. You don't need it -- you just hit quads!
    Seriously, sometimes the game starts on a downward trend and begins taking some of the winnings. Of course, you just gave me an idea-cash out the hit and finish playing on the remaining free play. Thanks.

No, just try to find the type of multi's machine jbjb mentioned. It's common to get free play that has to all be played on one machine, unless it's the type like I just had at the Palms where I could download whatever amount I wanted on any machine and play it.
    That's what I like about Margarattille-they combine all free play as one amount and don''t spread it out in parts the whole week- trying to get you to come every other day to get your free play. And if you quit early, the freeplay automatically goes back into your account.

Thread Information