Thread: The Forum Quandary

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basically, with Rob providing voiceover work for this forum, readers are faced with a quandary.

If someone wins the lottery, and then explains his or her strategy for winning the lottery, should you follow that strategy? That's basically what we're talking about here.

If professional mathematicians say that the strategy has no effect on future results, should you dismiss the professional mathematicians as theorists?

People can choose to believe whatever they choose to believe. The problem lies in beliefs being presented as facts.

What I would recommend is that Rob preface his statements with something similar to the anecdotal commercials for various medications. You know, where people say, "Xeralto has worked for me, and I believe it will work for you." No statement of fact regarding efficacy going forward or efficacy for other people, just a statement of personal history followed by personal belief.

If it were legal to write those commercials otherwise, the great corporations of this country would be doing exactly that.
    Last edited by redietz; 10-27-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Thread Information