Thread: C'mon Network TV--Let's Be Fair!

As I watch Sunday Night Football, no doubt we're being abused by sooo many commercials. Heck, last week I watched--and timed--Blue Bloods on NBC, and it wasn't very surprising seeing 34 minutes of show and 24 minutes of commercials. If that wasn't a slap in the face, when we watched Empire it was 31/29. Of course with Direct TV, long ago I learned to record every network TV show so I can zip thru all commercial breaks in less than 5 seconds when we watch the shows a little later.

Now to the REAL problem. Why, with a population of less than 14% in the US, does every freaking commercial feel it needs to incorporate at least one black person, whether there's 1,2,3,4 or whatever # of participants, and most of the time it's multiple blacks in really unattractive and unrealistic circumstances? And, nearly every new TV show these days has black on white lovers of some sort, in addition to the shameless number of queer relationships & marriages the networks perpetrate upon us.

What's the reason for this waay non-proportionate representation? And I'm no bigot. I had a black roommate in college, my best friend in the San Fernando Valley is black, and my best friend in the Phx. area is black.

Is it because the networks fear what Obama will say? Have blacks taken over the media? With all the effort they put into this, wouldn't their time be much better spent trying to stop all the dis-proportionate black crime in this country....especially the black on black crime?

What's up, brotha? Got any of dees answers? Or you gonna give me more of dis right here?
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 11-29-2015 at 08:28 PM.

I don't watch the programs you watch but the cast and plots might match the demographic of the audience.

I've looked into that briefly and they don't, with Empire being the only exception but the commercials are similar to all shows...even newscasts. It's about what can be expected these days. There's an all-black blasphemy of the Wizard of Oz coming on next week, and in the new Supergirl show Jimmy Olsen is some big black stud when everybody who knows the Superman history knows him as a little squirmish wimp.

The stuff doesn't make sense anymore. I wonder what the NAACP would do or say if the movie Shaft were re-done starring Brad Pitt.

Thread Information