Thread: Give me your tired...

The inscription on the Statue of Liberty:

Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
    Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Author: Emma Lazarus

My grandparents -- on both sides -- came to the United States as immigrants. On my mother's side they came through Ellis Island in New York.

I never thought I would say this, but with the terrorism in San Bernardino, and the wife coming from Saudi Arabia where she may have been influenced by Isis, and the threat of Isis and the coming flood of immigrants from Syria, I have to question whether it's time to close our borders until more order is restored around the world?

Close the borders and rethink/revise our immigrant policy going forward. Then when we know what we're doing we open them up again for legal immigrants. The big and obvious problem today is that while our grandparents (and my parents) all came from other countries, they did so legally. Today it's basically open borders allowing anyone in, including terrorists. Liberals cry foul over controlling the borders because their biggest dream is for everyone to vote for a Democrat, even though all it takes is one terrorist in 100,000 or more border-crossers to create an attack. But let those crying foul and all of a sudden a family member is killed, and watch them change their foolish tune faster than mickeycrimm can reel off another false story.

This country was created and had beliefs that 200 years ago made sense. But the world is a different place, and we refuse to consider that some of what the founders desired can no longer be carried on. This steadfast refusal to evolve will ultimately kill us.

Thread Information