Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MontBleu Lake Tahoe (Stateline, NV) matching CET Seven Stars/Diamond status

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just came back from a Lake Tahoe vacation (stayed at Harrah's). I wandered over to MontBleu on a beautiful 65 degree day on Dec. 2, 2015. The player's club advertised that for new members, they were matching CET Seven Stars and Diamond tiers with their Trop Advantage Black Card status (normally requires $500K coin-in VP at MontBleu).

One of the Black Card benefits is a comped 3 night stay with $500 free play and $300 resort credit at Cosmopolitan LV (with airport limo pickup). I had already planned a trip to Las Vegas for New Year's Eve (Caesars Palace), but it looks like I'll be extending my stay another 3 nights.

Another benefit appears to be a free 3-8 day Carnival cruise to your choice of destinations (taxes, port fees not included). See brochure below.

Plus they gave me $30 free slot play for signing up. So the MontBleu may be worth checking out if you are in the Reno/Tahoe area.

Last edited by nerakil; 12-05-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Good for you for picking up on that deal.

Dan, that looks like an open invitation to free money for you. I will live vicariously through you.

It's only "free money" if he does what I did at the Palms. And I don't know if $500 is worth it to him to take a trip to Tahoe and the to LV.

Also is Trop Advantage the same as Trop Plus (the Tropicana's player club)?

I'm confused.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

It was a Diamond Aspirations Level 2 trip ($744.80 airfare and taxes!), and I had some free play offers to redeem. I don't ski or snowboard but I did take the Heavenly Village gondola ride up the mountain.

As long as you've never played at MontBleu, you qualify for the upgrade offer.

All the Trop Advantage programs are separate and have different tier point cutoffs (e.g. Atlantic City, Laughlin, Lake Tahoe).

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also is Trop Advantage the same as Trop Plus (the Tropicana's player club)?

I'm confused.
    You should know that they are not the same, Colonel Fabersham.
    Last edited by nerakil; 12-05-2015 at 11:30 AM.

nerakil, if i am reading this right, you get a suite on Carnival, which is actually better than the balcony room you get on NCL with your 7 Stars benefit.

Of course, Carnival is an inferior line to NCL, unless you are 25 years old and like the frat party atmosphere. So I'm not sure if I'd want a Carnival cruise, even with a "free" suite.

Oh, and it's not just port fees and taxes. It's also non-commisioned fare. Same thing as the 7 Star cruise on NCL. But it's still a heck of a deal if you can get past that it's on Carnival.

The Cosmo deal is excellent, though.

I have been considering going to Tahoe anyway this winter. Hopefully this promotion stays around.

Just curious... why were you in Tahoe on December 2? The skiing isn't very good yet, especially if it was 65 degrees.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

This promotion for CET players card holders seems like it's being misrepresented here. If you're Diamond that equates to the Platinum card level.

Nerakil- I hate to bring your new years celebration extension to a grinding halt but.... what you're expecting with that tier match/upgrade is not what you're going to get. I will give further details tomorrow but just wanted to let you know.

Alan - How are those bikes you got last year at the GGWU doing these days? Since you always like to brag. I was wondering how much use you've gotten out of them?

Originally Posted by Boygenius View Post
    Nerakil- I hate to bring your new years celebration extension to a grinding halt but.... what you're expecting with that tier match/upgrade is not what you're going to get. I will give further details tomorrow but just wanted to let you know.

Alan - How are those bikes you got last year at the GGWU doing these days? Since you always like to brag. I was wondering how much use you've gotten out of them?
    I would like the details on this.

Except I don't care about Alan's bike.

Well, the bikes are with the ex girlfriend, although she said I can come by anytime to pick mine up. As soon as Jason and I have time we'll make the trip in his big Audi SUV to get it.

Boygenius: I wouldn't be surprised at all, considering MontBleu doesn't even have a player's club website to log-in.

This is what the MontBleu boothling told me, word-for-word: "Give the system 10 days to update, and then you can book the cruise and the annual trip to Las Vegas".

TW: they have a IGT heads-up machine there, $4/$8 LHE, with no rake and full player's club points, if that interests you.

Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    TW: they have a IGT heads-up machine there, $4/$8 LHE, with no rake and full player's club points, if that interests you.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately the IGT heads up machine has become very difficult. I don't think I can beat it at this point.

I might play it anyway if t meant I would earn points, but if I'm going to get to Black anyway with no play, it's probably not worth it.

Sorry for the confusion. I earned my Black card through play from the first half of the year. I never used the tier match program because I already had the highest tier possible. Thus I was able to utilize the hard benefits of the program. Their system is a revolving 6 month system. Unlike the 15 month rolling system which you're used to at CET.

You said you are CET diamond, right? Then that equates to the MB platinum deal.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    You said you are CET diamond, right? Then that equates to the MB platinum deal.
    Yes, you are correct- if you are CET Diamond, you get upgraded to Trop Advantage Platinum. However, I just assumed that everyone is Seven Stars on Alan's forum. (:
    Last edited by nerakil; 12-06-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    However, I just assumed that everyone is Seven Stars on Alan's forum. (:
    I'm not even a gold member. Account was terminated on first backoff. :-)

Nerakil- Just wanted to clear up a few things regarding your promotion. Although it seems you were informed of one of my major points.

I have a trop black card and have received all the benefits that you are "supposed" to receive. Stayed at the Cosmo, got the food and freeplay credits as promised. So the benefits do really exist and are awarded. But, as you stated earlier and believe it or not each Trop property is separate (or should I say each city is it's own market). Anyway, here is what I 100% know about the tier matching promo.

1. (and it seems you are kinda aware of this) There is a 6-8 week lag on your Trop card being processed into the Cosmopolitan system. The Cosmo has to receive all your info from the Trop and then enter it into their system and award you the appropriate benefits.
    2. (This one is a little cloudy.) I spoke to my host as well as a supervisor I know who works in the Players club at the Trop. They both said that although you have achieved Black status at the Trop. Your status in their system will only reflect whatever points/play you have done with that property. Translation is that you will be able to receive all the "soft" benefits of the Black Trop card ( line pass, free buffets, 50% more points as well as free cabanas etc...) but the "hard" benefits such as qualifying for the Cosmo/Cruise package are not included.

Now I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. And I would say I'm 80% sure on this. But I just wanted to give you a heads up just in case your told that your benefits do not qualify.

Best of luck with the promo and hopefully they'll honor what they said they would.

Originally Posted by Boygenius View Post
    Nerakil- Just wanted to clear up a few things regarding your promotion. Although it seems you were informed of one of my major points.

I have a trop black card and have received all the benefits that you are "supposed" to receive. Stayed at the Cosmo, got the food and freeplay credits as promised. So the benefits do really exist and are awarded. But, as you stated earlier and believe it or not each Trop property is separate (or should I say each city is it's own market). Anyway, here is what I 100% know about the tier matching promo.

1. (and it seems you are kinda aware of this) There is a 6-8 week lag on your Trop card being processed into the Cosmopolitan system. The Cosmo has to receive all your info from the Trop and then enter it into their system and award you the appropriate benefits.
    2. (This one is a little cloudy.) I spoke to my host as well as a supervisor I know who works in the Players club at the Trop. They both said that although you have achieved Black status at the Trop. Your status in their system will only reflect whatever points/play you have done with that property. Translation is that you will be able to receive all the "soft" benefits of the Black Trop card ( line pass, free buffets, 50% more points as well as free cabanas etc...) but the "hard" benefits such as qualifying for the Cosmo/Cruise package are not included.

Now I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. And I would say I'm 80% sure on this. But I just wanted to give you a heads up just in case your told that your benefits do not qualify.

Best of luck with the promo and hopefully they'll honor what they said they would.
    I'm not understanding.

You are saying in #1 that you got this match and indeed received the Cosmo benefits, albeit 6-8 weeks later than expected.

You are saying in #2 that you will not get the best benefits of the Trop Black if you earn it without play, such as the trip and the cruise.

So which one is it?

Wouldn't your successful redemption of #1 cancel out what you heard with #2?

Could you summarize this for me? If I went to Lake Tahoe and stayed at a CET property, and then went to this particular hotel and showed them my 7 Stars card but did NOT play, what would I get at the Cosmo in Vegas at a later date?

Thread Information