Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retiring as a professional gambler

Question for the forum: what should Arc send me that reasonably puts the ball in Rob's court to either put up or shut up?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Question for the forum: what should Arc send me that reasonably puts the ball in Rob's court to either put up or shut up?
    What was the original agreement/challenge?...this one....

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Arci challenged me to provide you past tax returns, not just 1040's. I accepted, as lond as arci accepted and wasn't doing his usual BS. He accepted...

Eventually, arci wouldn't submit the form, Alan then helped him weasel out of his challenge by saying "it's all about your returns Rob since you make the most outrageous claims"

Belly, in 15 years, and with countless people, Rob has never fulfilled a bet or challenge. He will He will challenge you to a bet. If you accept the bet he will lay down conditions. If you accept the conditions he will then change the conditions. If you accept the new conditions he will change them again. He will do this over and over again until you quit trying to make the bet. Then he will claim you chickened out.

Like this?...oh wait that was YOU who challenged HIM to a bet, and then chickened out after he accepted...right?

there probably aren't any full-time pro gamblers here.
    Originally Posted by slobdinger View Post
    Wanna bet?
    Yes, I would. A schedule C would suffice as evidence.
    LOL! No bet.

Let's hear from Rob. What is he willing to have sent to me. Then Arc will respond.

Frankly I don't need to see Arc's returns. At issue is Rob's claims.

But if the boys want to have a showdown I won't object.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Like this?...oh wait that was YOU who challenged HIM to a bet, and then chickened out after he accepted...right?
    Here's my challenge. Rob is to witness me playing machines. He will monitor the amount of money I put in the machines and the amounts I cash out. If I don't win $500 in a single day I will pay Rob $1000. If I do he owes me $1000. I will make this bet with him for a total of 10 days. This bet will take place in Montana. There will be a total of $10,000 on the line from each of us. My terms are non negotiable. Take it or leave it. If he takes the bet he will lose $10,000. No brag just fact.

Let's hear from Rob. What is he willing to have sent to me. Then Arc will respond.
    This seems to have been asked and answered, but OK I guess Rob should confirm what he already agreed to:

I think a return showing a win of $100,000 before deductions for "expenses" (not losses) would be very impressive.

...what we want to see is a net profit on gambling BEFORE deductions for Schedule C expenses.

Can you provide such a return?
    Of course I can provide it for years 2000 thru 2009, and I can provide my audit reports along with them. Transcripts should be rejected.

So now you might want to heed coach. Let's see arci begin his new challenge.

Here's my challenge...This bet will take place in Montana.
    Didn't you threaten to kill him if you ever saw him...or something along those lines?

Didn't you threaten to kill him if you ever saw him...or something along those lines?
    Don't chicken out of the bet for him. Let him do it himself.

My prediction: Rob will take a long vacation from the forum until this disappears... or... he will come back with another essay of insults designed to get him banned in order to stop any challenge or examination.

This time I won't ban him. There will be no easy way out. Not after he attacked me the way he did with his addict venom.

Not after he attacked me the way he did with his addict venom.
    Do you think he manipulated you into canceling your visit/dinner with him?

Do you think he manipulated you into canceling your visit/dinner with him?
    In the past he has posted things with the goal of getting banned. It's his way of getting out of a jam.

Did he want to get out of dinner? We'll know if he apologizes.

I certainly don't have a problem with reviewing and then reporting on 5-7 years of tax returns, but I am not the one incurring the cost of paying the IRS to send the returns.

I am trying to find a mutually agreeable plan to get this thing done once and for all.

Frankly, I would be impressed with one year of profits (before expense deductions) in the range of $100,000. I understand how Rob's critics might say one year isn't enough.

So-- Arc says 5-7 years. Rob, do you have a counter proposal? We might get a meeting of the minds.
    It's clear all you want to see and know more about is deductions, which explains why you'd be happy with a single year. But since this is more about me than anyone else, the 10 years I played professionally should be the ONLY consideration. Arci's attempts at "transcripts" and only requesting selective years is funny. He does the same 2000 thru 2009 and he does so now. Anything else is his usual weaseling out of his own challenge again. So there's your clear and concise answer. Now you have to deal with arci's fog of BS.

Mickey, you're meaningless.

Alan, I stand by my belief that you a majority of your life is controlled by gambling action. Others who know you and/or read what you've written for years will obviously come to the same tough, but truthful, conclusion. Why you see that as venom is something only you can answer and deal with. I don't.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 12-11-2015 at 01:49 PM.

It's clear all you want to see and know more about is deductions, which explains why you'd be happy with a single year. But since this is more about me than anyone else, the 10 years I played professionally should be the ONLY consideration. Arci's attempts at "transcripts" and only requesting selective years is funny.
    By all means, send Alan 10 years of tax forms. Nothing is stopping you. Once he gets them he can let me know and I will provide him the equivalent. What are you waiting for?

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Once he gets them he can let me know and I will provide him the equivalent. What are you waiting for?
    If you send your returns first, then you will have your foot on Rob Singer's throat.

What are YOU waiting for?

If you send your returns first, then you will have your foot on Rob Singer's throat.

What are YOU waiting for?
    I offered to send them to Alan. He said he didn't want them until Singer sent him his returns. Since all that Alan wants out of this is to see Singer's deductions, that is his preference. I'm not going to spam him with something he doesn't want.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    I offered to send them to Alan. He said he didn't want them until Singer sent him his returns. Since all that Alan wants out of this is to see Singer's deductions, that is his preference. I'm not going to spam him with something he doesn't want.
    You and Alan are stalling...checkmate is right there and neither of you will make the move.
    Last edited by coach belly; 12-11-2015 at 02:35 PM.

Arc send me what you'd like and tell me what to make public. I am sending you my office address by PM.

Address sent to Arc. What good will it do? Rob will send nothing.

Address sent to Arc. What good will it do? Rob will send nothing.
    Don't know about that, but from what I read Rob won't send anything until after arc's are received by you, so at least things are moving in that direction.

Thread Information