Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Opportunity

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Maybe not, but they will prove whether or not he was lying about winning.
    Define "winning"? These guys think that losing $10,000 one day and then winning $4000 the following week is "making a profit." That's losing in my book. I don't know about yours.

Very convenient for you to claim you destroy your returns after 3 years, Rob. You've been accused of being a fraud for at least 10 years now. Why would you destroy evidence that would prove your critics wrong. You could have placed them in that mysterious storage locker with all that evidence on other things that you've never produced. You have more routes than Greyhound Bus Lines.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Define "winning"? These guys think that losing $10,000 one day and then winning $4000 the following week is "making a profit." That's losing in my book. I don't know about yours.
    Sometimes you're just ridiculous.

Tax returns would show year long net wins or losses.

Good news folks. I found another IRS form, 4506T-EZ, which assumes the requested form is the 1040 and does not appear to have any date restrictions. While you can fill out the form online, you cannot submit it directly. So, I will print off one for the dates 2011-2014. I will then send in another form for 2007-2010 and yet another for 2004-2006. That should be sufficient. Those are all the years I have claimed to have won (except for 2014).

No cost involved for any of the data.

All this stuff is ridiculous. Tax forms will not now, not will they ever prove that his system works. Any shlub can get lucky and hit many huge jackpots if they have the bankroll to withstand the swings.
    I agree. This is why I believed Rob's wins. After all, he did play $25 and $10 VP and big wins come at those denominations.

The tax returns will prove the bottom line but not the efficacy of his methodology.

And the methodology cannot be proven -- even Rob knows his special plays have a lower expected return.

The bottom line taxable wins would at least support his other methods of quitting when ahead and moving up in denomination.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Good news folks. I found another IRS form, 4506T-EZ, which assumes the requested form is the 1040 and does not appear to have any date restrictions. While you can fill out the form online, you cannot submit it directly. So, I will print off one for the dates 2011-2014. I will then send in another form for 2007-2010 and yet another for 2004-2006. That should be sufficient. Those are all the years I have claimed to have won (except for 2014).

No cost involved for any of the data.
    Excellent.

Rob if you did the same it will save you $350 to spend at the steak house on dinner with me and Linda.

Alan, check your PMs.

Alan, check your PMs.
    Response sent.

Arc has my address and phone number necessary for his transcripts to be sent to me.

Rob why don't you also send me transcripts and save yourself $350 so we can have a nice dinner?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Sometimes you're just ridiculous.

Tax returns would show year long net wins or losses.
    But I'm not a losing gambler :-)

My point was that they won't prove his system works. And no, they will NOT support that moving up in denominations or quitting while ahead work. Do Powerball winners have a proven system? Again, I challenge any of you that think it does to quit your jobs or sell your businesses and go do this full time for the rest of your lives. You'll all go broke!

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Rob why don't you also send me transcripts and save yourself $350 so we can have a nice dinner?
    Here we go again with Alan trying to put the kibosh on everything.

Are you trying to bait Rob into declining to send transcripts, so that you can then advise arci not to send his?

This process is finally moving along...arci has already agreed to send the forms...a conclusion is imminent...please let the chips fall where they may.

But I'm not a losing gambler :-)
    Care to send in your transcripts?

Here we go again with Alan trying to put the kibosh on everything.

Are you trying to bait Rob into declining to send transcripts, so that you can then advise arci not to send his?

This process is finally moving along...arci has already agreed to send the forms...a conclusion is imminent...please let the chips fall where they may.
    Let's ask Rob now:

Rob, Arc is sending me the transcripts. What are you going to do?

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Updated odds are now 15,000,000-1.

But seriously--as the Coach has intimated, both Arci and Rob have the opportunity to put the screws to the other guy by simply making the first move. Yet neither will do so.

And not to minimize the $350, but think of the hours Arci has spent trying to prove Singer is a fraud. $350 is nothing compared to those hours---and think of the satisfaction for Arci if he proves to be correct. Of course, if he is afraid he is wrong, then the stall continues. But the same goes for Singer---make the first move and you've got the man down.
    Sssshhhh, regnis.

For action junkies, we will now have three-way betting, like soccer. It's -400 Rob will NOT send in his tax returns. It's -340 he will NOT send in transcripts. It's -900 that Rob will now argue that arci's refusal to pay $350 means arci is broke, therefore arci does not win money gambling. Not only is this argument illogical, it can be used against Rob, who allegedly has much more money than arci.

No baiting required. He will refuse.

I'm not an American, so could someone please shed some light on this?

If tax transcripts contain the same information as a full tax return and don't cost anything why wouldn't everyone just agree to send transcripts?

No baiting required. He will refuse.
    I sense that you are trying to wiggle out of this again...with Alan's help.

You don't believe that Rob will send his forms, Rob doesn't believe that you will send yours.

You call each other liars, so what do promises mean?

Rob promising that he will send his forms means nothing, just as you promising that you will send your forms means nothing.

Go ahead and send your forms, once Alan receives and reviews them then we have something to work with.

If you are waiting for Rob to answer, then you are just stalling.

Originally Posted by a2a3dseddie View Post
    tax transcripts contain the same information as a full tax return
    That is in dispute.

Google the difference between tax returns and tax transcripts, you'll see the differences explained.

Once arci sends the transcripts, Alan can confirm that they do contain sufficient information for the purposes of this exercise.

That is in dispute.

Google the difference between tax returns and tax transcripts, you'll see the differences explained.

Once arci sends the transcripts, Alan can confirm that they do contain sufficient information for the purposes of this exercise.
    Originally Posted by a2a3dseddie View Post
    If tax transcripts contain the same information as a full tax return
    Just didn't want you to misquote me here. And thank you, I will try Google.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Not only is this argument illogical, it can be used against Rob, who allegedly has much more money than arci.
    How do you figure that?

Rob has committed to sending full tax returns, that means he's willing to pay the fees.

Arci is the one objecting to the returns...because of the fees.

The information on the tax returns is not in dispute, the information in the transcripts is in dispute.

Singer wants to send returns, arci wants to send transcripts.

It would be a slam dunk if arci would agree to sending returns...but he is being difficult.

So how about arci sends the transcripts, and Alan confirms that the information is sufficient ?
    Last edited by coach belly; 12-16-2015 at 01:18 PM.

FYI, this is taken from the IRS website, not all that hard to get copies of either one. Transcripts can be obtained online immediately. Call one up and check to see if it contains the data needed.

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Req...ear-Tax-Return

Request a Transcript or Copy of a Prior Year Tax Return

IRS Summertime Tax Tip 2014-11, July 28, 2014

You may need copies of your filed tax returns for many reasons. For example, they can help you prepare future tax returns. You’ll need them if you have to amend a prior year tax return. You often need them when you apply for a loan to buy a home or to start a business. You may need them if you apply for student aid. If you can’t find your copies, the IRS can give you a transcript of the information you need, or a copy of your tax return. Here’s how to get your federal tax return information from the IRS:

Transcripts are free and you can get them for the current year and the past three years. In most cases, a transcript includes the tax information you need.

A tax return transcript shows most line items from the tax return that you filed. It also includes items from any accompanying forms and schedules that you filed. It doesn’t reflect any changes you or the IRS made after you filed your original return.

A tax account transcript includes your marital status, the type of return you filed, your adjusted gross income and taxable income. It does include any changes that you or the IRS made to your tax return after you filed it.

You can get your free transcripts immediately online. You can also get them by phone, by mail or by fax within five to 10 days from the time IRS receives your request.

To view and print your transcripts online, go to IRS.gov and use the Get Transcript tool.

To order by phone, call 800-908-9946 and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app.

To request an individual tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.

If you need a copy of your filed and processed tax return, it will cost $50 for each tax year. You should complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, to make the request. Mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. You should allow 75 days for delivery.

If you live in a federally declared disaster area, you can get a free copy of your tax return. Visit IRS.gov for more disaster relief information.

Tax forms are available 24/7 on IRS.gov. You can also call 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676) to get them by mail.

Additional IRS Resources:

Tax Topic 156 – Copy of Your Tax Return – How to Get One

IRS YouTube Videos:

Thread Information