Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Opportunity

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

If Rob whiffs on this, will he and his cohorts continue to argue the case for his methodology on this forum?
    I think all of us understand that tax returns alone cannot prove the efficacy of his methodology. What tax returns will show is if he really won what he claimed he won.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    To everyone on the forum: what do you think the chances are that the IRS TRANSCRIPTS do not include GAMBLING wins and losses?
    No need to speculate, we'll know for certain as soon as arci's transcripts are received...right?

But how are you gonna handle this?

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    FYI, this is taken from the IRS website

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Req...ear-Tax-Return

Transcripts are free and you can get them for the current year and the past three years.

If you need a copy of your filed and processed tax return, it will cost $50 for each tax year.
    Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years.

Alan, I wish you would read what I've been saying so I don't have to repeat myself.

Transcripts alone ARE NOT WHAT YOU, OR WHOMEVER, WANT OR WANTS. Only arci wants them for his own reason, and he's cajoled you into believing in them. They do not show gambling losses on Schedule A. DO YOU GET THAT? Further, on a Schedule C they show even less of a breakdown. That leaves me wide open for more foolish criticism by the hacks here who would absolutely hate to see my full returns showing exactly what I've said they would throughout the years. I offered the same Returns as well as audit reports in the Fezzik challenge, which is exactly why he and the Huntington Press group along with Dancer, Jean Scott and others could not and would not put up, humiliating them publicly and sending them into emergency face-saving mode. Arci can send in whatever he wants to you and then claim whatever he wants. But it's not only disingenuous, it's dishonest and based entirely on a lie.

You can either continue to be messed around with by arci....or you can man up and stick to what arci originally said he wanted in his challenge. By you allowing him to pussy-foot around this shows me you are also out to "get me". And that is a mistake.

Again, it's FULL RETURNS FOR EITHER 2008 thru 2014 (absolutely possible) or FULL RETURNS FOR 2005-2014, if possible. Everything else is nonsense. Remember the value of always doing what you say you are going to do. Hold arci to that and we have a deal. Waver, flutter and dance and it's over.

When I get Arc's transcripts I will video tape me opening the envelope from the IRS to show clearly that the envelope is from the IRS and has not been previously opened. I will record opening the envelope and showing the transcripts but I will be careful not to show any personal info on the transcripts on the video. Frankly, if anyone is going to doubt that those are Arc's transcripts at that point (without showing his name and social security number on the forms) there is nothing I can do.

I will then put that video of me opening the envelope and removing the transcripts on YouTube. I will post the link and describe the contents of the envelope here. That will constitute proof that I have received Arc's transcripts.

It will then be up to Rob to send his transcripts or his returns -- unless of course Rob wants to say the transcripts "don't count" and he refuses to participate any further?

In the meantime, I've already asked Rob to let me know if he will accept "transcripts" and so far he hasn't posted a response. In fairness to him, he might be out cruising in his RV or playing video poker, or enjoying life and may not be by his computer or smart phone and hasn't seen the forum.

EDITED TO ADD:

While I was writing the above Rob responded:

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Again, it's FULL RETURNS FOR EITHER 2008 thru 2014 (absolutely possible) or FULL RETURNS FOR 2005-2015, if possible. Everything else is nonsense. Remember the value of always doing what you say you are going to do. Hold arci to that and we have a deal. Waver, flutter and dance and it's over.
    Okay forum members and Arc: what do we do now? I have no dog in this race and I leave it to the rest of you to decide.

Transcripts... do not show gambling losses on Schedule A. DO YOU GET THAT? Further, on a Schedule C they show even less of a breakdown.
    This appears to be Rob's objection to transcripts. Can anyone here tell us with certainty, if Rob's objection is valid?

If no one here can tell us, then as soon as I receive Arc's transcripts I will let you know what they show.

This appears to be Rob's objection to transcripts. Can anyone here tell us with certainty, if Rob's objection is valid?

If no one here can tell us, then as soon as I receive Arc's transcripts I will let you know what they show.
    You're asking that question of people who have no knowledge of the procedure. The transcript I have shows nothing about gambling losses--only what I put in for wins. There is no clear picture of what actually happened. And that's exactly what arci wants--obfuscation so he can claim victory. Just like any seasoned liar. And since he's been researching this like a crazed, caged animal, he already knows if I submit transcripts then schedule C will be heavily summarized, leaving me wide open for hate-driven interpretations and speculation.

I'm not much surprised, but one would expect you, as a journalist, would want something like this to be as comprehensive as it can get. It makes no sense to diminish the requirements mid-game just to make it look like we're doing this to "save money". That's why I'm offering to pay his fee if he comes out of hiding and lives up to his original challenge.

Okay forum members and Arc: what do we do now? I have no dog in this race and I leave it to the rest of you to decide.
    Just to be clear...I am neither a fan, supporter, buddy or acquaintance of Rob Singer.

I got involved in this when arci called him a liar...I asked "what is the lie?"...and it boiled down to Rob's claim to have won consistently at VP.

Since then I've been trying to find out for certain if Rob has done what he says...namely win at VP for several years in a row.

It's obvious that the only way for that to happen is for arci to send his returns....that's why I have advocated for that all along.

If arci sends his returns, then he has his foot on Singer's throat...it's checkmate...Singer then puts up or shuts up, once and for all.

That's why I support returns, because that is the only way to settle this.

I consider transcripts unacceptable, because Rob's conditions are for returns...not transcripts...so transcripts won't get it done.

Rob makes his own case why transcripts are not acceptable:

Transcripts alone ARE NOT WHAT YOU, OR WHOMEVER, WANT OR WANTS. Only arci wants them for his own reason, and he's cajoled you into believing in them. They do not show gambling losses on Schedule A. DO YOU GET THAT? Further, on a Schedule C they show even less of a breakdown.
    Last edited by coach belly; 12-16-2015 at 04:00 PM.

It would be true up to a point, if not a professional and not using Sch C, line 21 on the 1040 form would only show the amount claimed. You would not see the deductions used to arrive at the amount. For example: I win $10,000, but I have $9,500 in ATM receipts, my 1040 line 21 would read $500. So if filing as a professional, the schedule C information would be included in the transcripts, if not as a professional, the transcripts don't do you much good without seeing the gross winnings before deductions.

That's why I'm offering to pay his fee if he comes out of hiding and lives up to his original challenge.
    Well that should seal the deal...what's arci's excuse now?

Edited: I want us to both request 10 years just in case we can get them back that far. If not, no harm/no foul. So I will pay up to $500 to get arci to comply with his original challenge.

Imagine that--I have to PAY to get the Internet's biggest liar to do what he said he would do on his own. Now maybe everybody sees why I mock this fool and his wreck of a life so often....and have fun doing it!

Edited: I want us to both request 10 years just in case we can get them back that far. If not, no harm/no foul. So I will pay up to $500 to get arci to comply with his original challenge.

Imagine that--I have to PAY to get the Internet's biggest liar to do what he said he would do on his own. Now maybe everybody sees why I mock this fool and his wreck of a life so often....and have fun doing it!
    This is finally light at the end of the tunnel.

You have stepped up and put your money where your mouth is...well played, sir.

Hopefully a dragonslaying visit to Montana is in your future, to collect an easy $10K.

It's very simple, Alan. I already told everyone that Singer would never provide his tax returns. Now he is telling outright lies ... "They do not show gambling losses on Schedule A." Here is what you really get according to Intuit ... "A transcript is a listing of the line numbers and information entered on the tax return, and any forms filed."

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/18...-of-tax-return

So, who to believe? LOL. Is there any reason to go any further? We now know Singer will do anything to avoid providing Alan with his tax information. Yet, I will go one step further. I will send in the regular 4506 to get the real returns for 2008 and 2009 which are the only years available in Singer's so-called professional play. But, I will only spend the $100 if Singer agrees to do the same (fat chance). If he declines I think we can all assume I've been right all along.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    It's very simple, Alan. I already told everyone that Singer would never provide his tax returns. Now he is telling outright lies ... "They do not show gambling losses on Schedule A." Here is what you really get according to Intuit ... "A transcript is a listing of the line numbers and information entered on the tax return, and any forms filed."

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/18...-of-tax-return

So, who to believe? LOL. Is there any reason to go any further? We now know Singer will do anything to avoid providing Alan with his tax information. Yet, I will go one step further. I will send in the regular 4506 to get the real returns for 2008 and 2009 which are the only years available in Singer's so-called professional play. But, I will only spend the $100 if Singer agrees to do the same (fat chance). If he declines I think we can all assume I've been right all along.
    This is a stall, Singer already offered to pay $500 for 10 years worth.

If you decline, the assumption is that you've been wrong all along.

Nice try.

Just to be clear...I am neither a fan, supporter, buddy or acquaintance of Rob Singer.
    Well then you better get his thing out of your........thing.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Well then you better get his thing out of your........thing.
    What kind of person thinks like that?

Good lord...try to keep you homoerotic fantasies to yourself.

If you want to make people believe you won when you didn't you could easily file a tax form reflecting any amounts you want as long as you zero out your schedule C. Then you can claim a "documented" win without that nasty tax bill. IRS forms don't mean jack in that scenario. I wonder if anyone on this forum is cunning enough to go through the trouble. Hmmm
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    I agree, and anyone with just a little intelligence also knows that "I was called out by arcimede$ to mediate the dispute" is just sarcastic humor too.

So it looks like the joke's on you, dolt, thanks for confirming that you are a fool.
    Go home, belly. The village is missing its idiot. BTW, didn't your parents ask you to run away from home? As an outsider, what do you think of the human race?

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Coach,
    I don't have a dog in this hunt. But it strikes me very odd, that since Rob started this thread yesterday, he has only posted twice on the matter to your 17 times. Are you his mouthpiece?
    Yes, he's Rob's representative masquerading as a mediator.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Who are the cohorts that have argued the case for his methodology?
    Slingshot, for one.

Hold on a second. We don't need a Schedule C to show someone's wins or losses from gaming. Wins go on Form 1040. Losses go on Schedule A. If the transcripts include a Schedule A with a line for other losses (Line 28, gambling deductions go there) that's all we need.

Now, if the transcripts don't show us what is on Line 28 then we won't have a clear picture of whether or not Rob won money.

If he filed using a Schedule C then we need to see the Schedule C. But when we look at Schedule C we aren't going to care about his deductions for travel, entertainment, tips, advertising, meals, books, Internet, cell phone and other "business expenses." On Schedule C we are going to look at ONLY how much he won and how much he actually lost. And that would be, on Part 1, Line 1. All of the other lines on Schedule C involve "business deductions" that are not directly related to how much he actually won or lost playing.

If the transcripts show the amount won gambling on the 1040 form, and how much was deducted on Schedule A Line 28, and/or Part 1, Line 1 of Schedule C -- then the transcripts have all the information needed to see if Rob really won what he claimed he won.

Remember -- and this is VERY IMPORTANT -- Rob told us that he told the IRS that he had ZERO taxable profit from gambling and paid NO taxes on his wins. So what we are looking for is NOT his net (because the net will be ZERO). What we are looking for are his GROSS WINS from gambling and what was lost gambling -- and we are NOT looking for those Schedule C business deductions that wiped out his taxable gambling income.

Thread Information