Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Strategic gambling 101

Like no one could guess mickey (aka, "momma's boy") had no high school diploma.....

Its not an embarrassment to me, Rob. It's actually a badge of honor. How many uneducated homeless drifters have ever made it in the gambling world? I figure I'm the only one.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Like no one could guess mickey (aka, "momma's boy") had no high school diploma.....
    They have seen how I strategize things, Rob. I have given them meat and potatoes. You deliver smoke and mirrors. They will never take after you, Rob. They want the real deal. That's something that you can't deliver.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    My mother is 81 years old and in assisted living in Juneau, Alaska. I know that tough old bitch. She will slap the shit out of a punk like you, Singer.

Originally Posted by slobdinger View Post
    I won't go into the math of it but the average cost in Chambers of Gold to produce a 7 out of 10 is $60. I needed a win factor so my bare minimum play was $75 per icon. If it was 2 icons to go I needed the meter to be above $150. Three icons to go I needed a meter at $225, four icons to go, $300. The meter, running at 4%, was worth $30 an hour. So a play that is two to go and the meter at $150, a bare minimum play, is worth about $55 for an average 45 minutes seat time.

In my drifting around days I roamed through a lot of towns working day labor. Towns like Tucson, Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Salt Lake City, Jackson, Wyoming, Frisco, Colorado. I spent a lot of time in the libraries. Under the Dewey Decimal System all the gambling books are at 795.4. Of all the gambling writers that I've read the one who had the biggest impact on me was John Scarne. Chapter Ten of Scarne's Guide to Modern Poker is called "The Mathematics of Poker." That's where I learned poker/video poker math. And in his "Encyclopedia of Gambling" I learned keno math. It's really quite simple.

To keep things simple I'll do the two-spot math. There are 80 balls in the tank and 20 are drawn. First we figure the total number of combinations that make a two-spot.

80X79/2X1 = 3160

What are the chances of hitting two out of two numbers?

20X19/2X1 = 190
    3160/190 = 16.631578

What are the chances of hitting 1 out of 2 numbers

20X60 = 1200
    3160/1200 = 2.633333

What are the chances of catching zero numbers?

60X59/2X1 = 1770
    3160/1770 = 1.785311

Originally Posted by slobdinger View Post
    Its not an embarrassment to me, Rob. It's actually a badge of honor. How many uneducated homeless drifters have ever made it in the gambling world? I figure I'm the only one.
    Mickey, I have to say I enjoy your posts. It's refreshing to have someone post the unvarnished truth about their life. I get tired of the polished bragging that passes for the truth on the internet.

Although your life is not for me, it's sounds like it has been interesting. I think every young kid has a vision of riding the rails and living the life, although I have no illusions that it was easy.

The drunken ramblings I also enjoy, it sounds like something I'd hear on a Saturday night at bars I frequented in my younger days. 10 foot tall and bulletproof, just watch the alcohol buddy, it's a harsh mistress.

Keep posting your results and quit responding to Rob, he's like a yapping dog that will go away when you finally ignore him.

I'm even starting to understand some of the games you're playing, although I have never run into them.

Thread Information