Thread: "My pleasure"

Over the last couple of months, I've noticed that a lot of workers in the service industry including cashiers, drive-thru restaurant cashiers, servers at drive-thrus and others have started to say "my pleasure" whenever I say "thank you."

It only started a couple of months ago that this was widespread.

Yes, I heard "my pleasure" before -- the phone operators at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas always said "my pleasure" when you called and asked for a department or person:

"Hi, can have restaurant reservations please?"
    "Connecting, my pleasure."

But now it seems everyone is doing it.

Has there suddenly been a wave of new training for service workers about how to say "my pleasure"?

It is such a different response from what I am used to, that it really stands out.

You must be going to Chik-Fil-A more...

Maybe it's a counter-response to the annoying widespread phrase, "No problem." A generation has grown up with "no problem" as a legitimate response to "thank you," and this generation doesn't realize it can be slightly annoying in its informality. So perhaps the recommendation via training is "my pleasure."

Bad is correct -- Chik-Fil-A has always used "my pleasure" with a broad Christian smile.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Maybe it's a counter-response to the annoying widespread phrase, "No problem." A generation has grown up with "no problem" as a legitimate response to "thank you,"
    I HATE when someone says NO PROBLEM after I say thank you.

Thread Information