Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas

I wish you all a very merry Christmas, and a great new year filled with royals, blackjacks, and may your numbers keep coming at roulette and keno too.

Stay well and healthy and happy.

Thanks for coming by and keep the faith... and winning.

Thanks, but I'd rather have good health. A friend of mine just called from Sparks to say his 52-yr. old wife had a colonoscopy two weeks ago, then had multiple bad pains & nausea enuf to need an ER visit 2 days ago. They find out that colonoscopy tube accidentally ripped a hole in her colon. The surgeon cut&repaired, but there's a minimum 3 month recovery.

Isn't medical wonderful....

Seconds on the health. Merry Christmas all.

Alan, I'm a Christian man. I believe that Jesus of Nazarath is the Son of God and he died for my sins (please no emails about this). Merry Christmas to all.

Wealth cannot buy good health all the time, so count me in for that as well.

Also Merry Christmas to all, I've absorbed a lot from here.

I did well in controlling my gambling habits as a recreational for a second year now, I hope that continues with a little luck coming by time to time.

Hope that the Mendelson(s) can continue to promote more Mom & Pop businesses in SoCal region as well.

Merry Christmas to all and a very, very wonderful 2016.

I must have been a very good boy this year as Santa left me a nice one card draw today.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Merry Christmas to all and a very, very wonderful 2016.

I must have been a very good boy this year as Santa left me a nice one card draw today.
    Yep, we all wish for that ONE SPECIAL CARD and I'm glad you got it!!

How special. Great way to spend Christmas. Of course, that's one way to try and escape the guilt. How's those lonely holiday nights treating you?

I'm having a different kind of Christmas with Linda this year. It's our first. Last night at midnight I ask her "would you like your gift now or in the morning?" She says "tomorrow night."

Huh? Never before in my 63 years have I ever heard of exchanging gifts on Christmas NIGHT. Even we Jewish kids got our Christmas gifts on Christmas morning and that's how I exchanged gifts with my friends and neighbors when I was growing up.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I'm having a different kind of Christmas with Linda this year. It's our first. Last night at midnight I ask her "would you like your gift now or in the morning?" She says "tomorrow night."
    Kids are eager to tear open their Christmas presents. Wise adults know the gifts will always be the same regardless of when the wrappings are opened, and they want to savor the anticipation for a longer time.

I actually asked her a week ago if she wanted her gift early. She said, "I'll wait, thanks."

So, being a wise guy, I said "but if you wait, it might get stale." She looked at me and said, "fruit cakes don't get stale."

Smart girl.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    How special. Great way to spend Christmas. Of course, that's one way to try and escape the guilt. How's those lonely holiday nights treating you?
    Silly narcissist, I have no guilt. And, since I'm spending Christmas with family there's not a bit of loneliness. I have a feeling Robbie is projecting again.

Originally Posted by arcimede$ View Post
    Silly narcissist, I have no guilt. And, since I'm spending Christmas with family there's not a bit of loneliness. I have a feeling Robbie is projecting again.
    Oh arci....just the fact that you couldn't resist responding to another of my spot-on mocks warms my heart even more. I just wish you would've taken a picture of Tonya Harding playing the machine next to you. Oh that's right--you aren't taking pictures these days...only making claims. And I'm still waiting on how it feels to go asleep alone in that bed!

Why the previous post is allowed in a Merry Christmas thread is beyond me. Bad judgement by the author. Bad judgement by the moderator. Bad judgement by the forum sponsor.

What a Grinch. Don't you want blanket coverage of what it's like to be a vp addict who has to spend his holiday alone and in agony because of, well, a vp habit? You made a baad post.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Why the previous post is allowed in a Merry Christmas thread is beyond me. Bad judgement by the author. Bad judgement by the moderator. Bad judgement by the forum sponsor.
    Censor and remove it? No. I want this to be Rob Singer's testament. If this is how "the greatest video poker player of all time" wants the world to remember him, who am I to remove the post. I didn't even respond to the post. There is nothing to be said. Rob says it all.

The only problem was that Arc responded to it. There was no need. Everyone in the world could read Rob's post all by themselves and everyone would come up with the same conclusion.

Did you notice that Robert Harry Argentino did not have the temerity, the balls, the magnamity, to wish any one of you a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? It's very easy to figure out. He's a sad man, in a sad spot. His hatred for people shines through at this time of year. His failure to acknowledge Christmas is a testament to the vile nature of the boy, I will not call him a man, he doesn't deserve that respect. He is a boy in a man's body.
    Last edited by slobdinger; 12-27-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Hope you all had a good Christmas. Linda loved her (planned) gift which was the biggest bottle of Chanel No. 5 that Macy's had -- because she loves Chanel No. 5 and I knew it was a "can't miss." The unplanned gifts we shopped for together.

For Christmas dinner we met Jason and his girlfriend at Jerry's Deli in Woodland Hills for traditional Matzoh Ball Soup, chicken salad sandwiches, chicken soup, and all the other good stuff on their big menu. (Menu alert: the menu at Jerry's is now smaller. Instead of 28,755 items on it, there are now only about a hundred.) Photo below (Jason and his are GF camera shy.)

There weren't many restaurants open Christmas night and luckily we all met for a later dinner so there wasn't a long line or a long wait. There was no Seven Stars line. (LOL)

Jason and his GF cancelled their New Year's plans for Vegas because Jason got a much better offer in January from Wynn and he wasn't keen on going to the Bellagio VIP party in the first place.

We celebrated the day after Christmas the old fashioned way -- we went shopping. Lots of discounts and I picked up some slacks for NYE weekend and Linda found a must-have pair of furry, cushioned slippers with three inches of furry padding.

I found Dockers at buy-one, get-one at half-off. But it wasn't easy -- not much was left on the shelves but luckily the last two pair in my size were the colors I needed to go with my black blazers.

Yes, that's my Caesars jacket I'm wearing. I have three of them that I've bought in the gift shop from time to time when I had extra folio credits. I always keep a spare players card in the zipped interior pocket just in case I get in the car and the automatic steering takes over.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We spent ours with family friends who, like us, had no remaining parents and had been "taken in" as family at a younger age. Then we went to my best friends' family and enjoyed the remaining day. My brothers and sisters each had their own, since we went there for a Thanksgiving reunion and they just wanted to be with their kids at Christmas. Thankfully, the only health issues were from eating unwisely..

Alan and Linda make an attractive couple.

Thread Information