Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: New 2016 Total Rewards Rules

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    192
    "Seven Stars members receive one Retreat per year to any Total Rewards property in the continental United States or Canada OR the entire Retreat may be exchanged for 50,000 Reward Credits instead."

    http://www.totalrewards.com/sevenstars/rules-2016

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    685
    Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    "Seven Stars members receive one Retreat per year to any Total Rewards property in the continental United States or Canada OR the entire Retreat may be exchanged for 50,000 Reward Credits instead."

    http://www.totalrewards.com/sevenstars/rules-2016
    Given the Retreat entitles one to $1,200 in flights plus $500 folio, an exchange for 50K in Reward Credits sounds like a poor trade for anyone other than someone with a fear of flying.

    FAB

  3. #3
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,512
    Originally Posted by FABismonte View Post
    Given the Retreat entitles one to $1,200 in flights plus $500 folio, an exchange for 50K in Reward Credits sounds like a poor trade for anyone other than someone with a fear of flying.

    FAB
    If I am going to travel, it's not to a casino. So I would gladly take the $500 folio to use for a nice dinner and room service in Vegas. On my New Year's Trip I easily went thru my $500 folio credit from a Seven Stars Experience, and I used $300 of my $500 Seven Stars Annual Dinner to pay for Old Homestead. I had to take about $40 from my other Reward Credits to pay the balance on the food expenses.

    My earned Reward Credits from my play was only about $40ish.

    Yes, I could use that $500 folio credit. Thanks for posting this.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  4. #4
    A few other things I found in the rules:

    - The Seven Stars annual trip supposedly only qualifies you for up to $600 (per person) in coach airfare, but I don't believe that's true. As of a few weeks ago, they are/were willing to book first class, and you just pay the difference over $600.

    - It claims you cannot use the comp room benefit at another property without waiting 96 hours to take your annual trip. That may technically be the rule, but I don't buy it. The annual trip is booked by the local market of where you're going, and they don't give a shit about what you're doing in other markets prior to that.

    - Same thing with complimentary rooms between markets. Again, if you book through the local property, they don't ever care if you just stayed in a room in a different market the night before. In fact, I have double-booked rooms in different markets, and just let the first one sit empty. (For example, I was staying at the Rio and booked Laughlin for a night, complimentary, without checking out of the Rio, and then returned to the Rio to complete my first stay.)

    - Annual trip must be completed by January 31, 2017. This is a huge difference, as we used to have until June 30. For example, I took my 2013 annual trip in May 2014. This is lousy, because the weather in most of the country is lousy between mid-November and January 31, so it really cuts down on the flexibility with taking these trips. You need to either complete the trip by the fall of the same year, or you are stuck in cold weather.

    - Late checkout is only 1pm for Seven Stars. Perhaps that varies by property. Vegas properties always allowed a late checkout of 4pm for Seven Stars, but I did notice the Rincon forces me out by 1pm.

    - It claims you need to make your dinner reservations with a host if you want to use any of your five $100 meal vouchers. This is false.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  5. #5
    The $500 in RCs in lieu of the annual trip isn't as bad as it seems.

    Believe it or not, there were already some Seven Stars doing this in a backdoor way, booking their annual trip to New Orleans (where they get $500 RCs instead of the meal credit), and then just never booking the airfare portion. Then, after the $500 in RCs get credited to their account, they cancel the room the same day and never leave home.

    These were people who had no interest in traveling, and just wanted the $500 in RCs.

    Now they can do it easily and "legally" within the Seven Stars program.

    And if you think about it, $500 in RCs is better than a $500 folio credit. And you get the free rooms anyway. So the only additional thing you're getting by taking the trip is the $1200 airfare.

    So if you have no desire to travel to any TR destination, you might as well just take the $500 in RCs.

    I have wasted airfare before, in fact. I wasted my $750 Diamond Aspirations trip in 2013, and I will likely waste 2015's as well.

    Due to the necessity to travel by January 31, I may actually forfeit my 2016 trip and just take the RCs. I might do a New Orleans one, though, and combine it with a cruise I plan to take out of Puerto Rico later this year.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    192
    2016 Signature Event Dates:

    Lake Tahoe - June 9 - 12
    Atlantic City - June 24 - 26
    Las Vegas - August 25 - 28
    New Orleans - September 15 - 18


    https://www.totalrewards.com/sevenst...gnature-events

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    2016 Signature Event Dates:

    Lake Tahoe - June 9 - 12
    Atlantic City - June 24 - 26
    Las Vegas - August 25 - 28
    New Orleans - September 15 - 18


    https://www.totalrewards.com/sevenst...gnature-events

    Looks like I'll be skipping these again.

    From first glance, it looks like similar worthless events to 2015, which I also skipped.

    And this is from a guy who attended his signature event from 2012-14.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  8. #8
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,512
    Unless there is another reason for me to go. I wouldn't attend a Signature Event either. If I recall the last one I went to in Vegas included a cheap on food cocktail party at the Linq and a not so good brunch at the Cromwell. What made it a good trip was that I won some drawing for $500 of free play and hit one royal for $8000 and a second royal for $4000 and banked $11,000 on the trip.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    192
    2016 ASPIRATIONS LEVEL II (80,000 TIER CREDITS)

    Total Rewards members who earn 80,000 Tier Credits in 2016 will receive a Getaway with $750 airfare credit and a four night hotel stay (Valid Dates: Must reserve by 1/31/2017 and fully complete by 6/30/2017)

    OR

    the entire Getaway may be exchanged for 30,000 Reward Credits instead.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,885
    Not doing anyone any favors with that Las Vegas Aug 25-28 date bracket. Those last three weeks in August are often the third, fourth, and fifth cheapest weeks of the year for Las Vegas, depending on conventions. And August 25-28, pre-Labor day, is usually the third cheapest week of the year.

    I don't know anything about the other locations, but I wonder if the cheap idea is across the board. I would think the AC dates would be in demand.
    Last edited by redietz; 01-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.

  11. #11
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,512
    If you notice the Atlantic City and the Las Vegas dates are before major holidays -- when the casinos/hotels usualy have open space. Caesars is not going to bounce a paying customer to make room for a 7 Stars free guest. Same with the brunch locations.

    In the case of New Orleans it's after Labor Day when kids are back in school.
    Lake Tahoe's date is before the 4th of July and when there are a lot of graduations.

    What did you expect?
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    112
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Unless there is another reason for me to go. I wouldn't attend a Signature Event either. If I recall the last one I went to in Vegas included a cheap on food cocktail party at the Linq and a not so good brunch at the Cromwell. What made it a good trip was that I won some drawing for $500 of free play and hit one royal for $8000 and a second royal for $4000 and banked $11,000 on the trip.
    Yeesh, tough crowd... if I binked 2 royals plus a drawing, that would be the trip of a lifetime for me!

    I used my retreat at Tahoe this year, and highly recommend it if you like skiing. The limo from the airport is a big plus, as it's a 45 minute trip, plus you get 4 free ski passes, which are worth about $100 each.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    2016 ASPIRATIONS LEVEL II (80,000 TIER CREDITS)

    Total Rewards members who earn 80,000 Tier Credits in 2016 will receive a Getaway with $750 airfare credit and a four night hotel stay (Valid Dates: Must reserve by 1/31/2017 and fully complete by 6/30/2017)

    OR

    the entire Getaway may be exchanged for 30,000 Reward Credits instead.
    The one is actually nice because I have wasted my Aspirations trip every time I've earned it. This is because I already take the Seven Stars trip, and I don't have the time to take TWO such trips in a year (especially with the second just being $750 airfare and nothing else).
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  14. #14
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,512
    Question: what can 7 Stars players claim in 2016 without any additional play and when?
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Question: what can 7 Stars players claim in 2016 without any additional play and when?
    Not sure what you're asking.

    Benefits in 2016 seem identical to 2015 (from what we can see so far), except with the added benefits of being able to exchange the Diamond Aspirations trip for $300 in RCs and the Seven Stars trip for $500 in RCs.

    February 1st is the date you can start redeeming everything.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  16. #16
    Original Founder
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17,512
    Do they still have that rule that I can't use the Seven Stars trip or the Diamond trip at the same casino where my host is? In other words, can my host at Caesars book my trips at Caesars so that I claim the RCs??
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

  17. #17
    It looks like they killed the $500 in RCs option in lieu of the trip.

    This is no longer listed in the Seven Stars rules (in the first post of this thread).
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    A few other things I found in the rules:

    - The Seven Stars annual trip supposedly only qualifies you for up to $600 (per person) in coach airfare, but I don't believe that's true. As of a few weeks ago, they are/were willing to book first class, and you just pay the difference over $600.

    - It claims you cannot use the comp room benefit at another property without waiting 96 hours to take your annual trip. That may technically be the rule, but I don't buy it. The annual trip is booked by the local market of where you're going, and they don't give a shit about what you're doing in other markets prior to that.

    - Same thing with complimentary rooms between markets. Again, if you book through the local property, they don't ever care if you just stayed in a room in a different market the night before. In fact, I have double-booked rooms in different markets, and just let the first one sit empty. (For example, I was staying at the Rio and booked Laughlin for a night, complimentary, without checking out of the Rio, and then returned to the Rio to complete my first stay.)

    - Annual trip must be completed by January 31, 2017. This is a huge difference, as we used to have until June 30. For example, I took my 2013 annual trip in May 2014. This is lousy, because the weather in most of the country is lousy between mid-November and January 31, so it really cuts down on the flexibility with taking these trips. You need to either complete the trip by the fall of the same year, or you are stuck in cold weather.

    - Late checkout is only 1pm for Seven Stars. Perhaps that varies by property. Vegas properties always allowed a late checkout of 4pm for Seven Stars, but I did notice the Rincon forces me out by 1pm.

    - It claims you need to make your dinner reservations with a host if you want to use any of your five $100 meal vouchers. This is false.
    Late check out is 1 pm for Seven Stars but my host always books an extra night. As long as you check out before 4 pm, it doesn't count against you. She said its much easier to do this than to request a late check out day of.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •