Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Singer at the Bat

Or how he got the IRS, after years of his writing off his W2G wins against massive losses, to be on board with Rob suddenly declaring "professional gambler" status after years of large losses.

I would have loved to have heard that conversation.
    IRS: "So, after all of these losing years, what suddenly makes you think you are a professional gambler?"
    Rob: "I have these systems...."

Yeah, Rob's tax returns were not headed Mr. Mendelson's way in this lifetime.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Pete-your post made me look back at that thread. Good to see how far we have come on this forum since then. NOT!!!!!

But seriously--I am afraid to ask. What ever happened to Arci? Did he simply leave because he was sick of this or did he unfortunately take a more permanent leave?

I'm sure some of you would know.
    I'll update you on that regnis.

While this poorly-run forum has certainly taken a turn into "anyone but AP's are to be believed" and "Singer and Alan are BROKE and if they post big winners you are required to disbelieve them or assume they lost it all and more", there is a reason why arci has been among the missing for several years now.

One thing is because of the stinging truth I've always posted about this blatant liar: he ran his poor sick wife into the grave with his vp addiction, always putting his insatiable need to play before his wife's need for rest and a healthy environment.

But what REALLY put him in his rightful place was when his useless, mickeycrimm-style son died of a drug overdose two years ago. Addict father/addict son. You see, his entire internet existence as a big shot VP-AP was all one big put-on, much like the concocted life kew likes to portray these days. And this is why both had serious disdain for the likes of me--a healthy family person with a successful, productive life who has absolutely no use for internet phonies with pathological lying problems.

Good ALWAYS outlives evil. That's something humanity knows for sure. It'll take time for these WoV rejects to come to terms with that reality. But by posting my big wins, it's sure satisfying watching them all slowly break down into their puny little envious selves. Don'tcha think?
    How did YOUR wife's health hold up when your addiction to gambling caused you to dump $250,000 over a few year period in the late nineties? You are the one that admitted, right here on this site, that you lost that money gambling in the late nineties. Your wife had nothing to say about what you were doing? It had no effect on her?

And after that how did you convince her that you had a system that would win in the future?
    poor mickey--always trying to soothe the pain I inflict.....

I did lose around $45k/yr., and my wife just kept getting stronger. That's because what you and your "little people" AP friends here could never get is that when you make over $500k/yr. combined, $45k is peanuts. We saved well over $100k/year in our 401k's back then. Mean anything to a welfare check to welfare check slug like you?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Or how he got the IRS, after years of his writing off his W2G wins against massive losses, to be on board with Rob suddenly declaring "professional gambler" status after years of large losses.

IRS: "So, after all of these losing years, what suddenly makes you think you are a professional gambler?"

What a dummy with an insatiable agenda.

What kind of stupido tries to tell the IRS that they LOST money for 6 years on schedule A over and above what they won?

It's posts like that which constantly get you and phonies like RS__ & jbjb into trouble.

Bob 21, and Alan Mendelson you both like to opine on a lot of shit, what do you guys think of the last two recent posts #56 and #60 by Singer here?

[QUOTE=redietz;86361]For the record, arci never portrayed himself as a "big shot VP-AP." If you go back and check his posts, you can see that he reported playing at a modest level with modest profits. He promoted the idea that playing positive games instead of negative would result in long-term profits for any level of player. In service of demonstrating that, he sent his tax returns to Mr. Mendelson.

In no way, shape, or form did arci present himself as a big player. He did present himself as a winning player. Back before this site acquired math-savvy WOVers, arci was one of the more math-expert folks here. He did the site a service by debunking Rob's systems in a way that we math-challenged posters could not. As Rob was banned from first one site then another, he found a niche here in which to operate with minimal interference. Arci provided needed pushback.

I started reading and posting here because I'm a longtime debunker of paranormal claims and such. The Mendelson/"Singer"/arci relationship paralleled a famous paranormal menage a trois, the Stanford Research Institute/Uri Geller/James Randi relationship. In fact, I suggested on many occasions that "Singer" avail himself of the opportunity to prove his abilities (which are indeed paranormal) by contacting the Randi Foundation when it hosted its Million Dollar Challenge.[/QUOTE

Arci, though he never played higher than dollar denom is, if he is still living, a very talented video poker player. He chose the most difficult video poker game of all, One Eyed Jacks. Chosen because it was the only game in his home state of Minnesota that offered an advantage. No one knew more about that game than him. While he played it the rest of us avoided it because optimal strategy is a nightmare. There is a gillion moves in the game. When you are dealt a red jack you have to distinguish whether it is a heart or a diamond because they both have different strategies. It's the same with the black jacks, one strategy for a spade jack and a different strategy for a club jack.

His post here about arci shows just what a despicable person Rob is.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I'll update you on that regnis.

While this poorly-run forum has certainly taken a turn into "anyone but AP's are to be believed" and "Singer and Alan are BROKE and if they post big winners you are required to disbelieve them or assume they lost it all and more", there is a reason why arci has been among the missing for several years now.

One thing is because of the stinging truth I've always posted about this blatant liar: he ran his poor sick wife into the grave with his vp addiction, always putting his insatiable need to play before his wife's need for rest and a healthy environment.

But what REALLY put him in his rightful place was when his useless, mickeycrimm-style son died of a drug overdose two years ago. Addict father/addict son. You see, his entire internet existence as a big shot VP-AP was all one big put-on, much like the concocted life kew likes to portray these days. And this is why both had serious disdain for the likes of me--a healthy family person with a successful, productive life who has absolutely no use for internet phonies with pathological lying problems.

Good ALWAYS outlives evil. That's something humanity knows for sure. It'll take time for these WoV rejects to come to terms with that reality. But by posting my big wins, it's sure satisfying watching them all slowly break down into their puny little envious selves. Don'tcha think?
    How did YOUR wife's health hold up when your addiction to gambling caused you to dump $250,000 over a few year period in the late nineties? You are the one that admitted, right here on this site, that you lost that money gambling in the late nineties. Your wife had nothing to say about what you were doing? It had no effect on her?

And after that how did you convince her that you had a system that would win in the future?
    poor mickey--always trying to soothe the pain I inflict.....

I did lose around $45k/yr., and my wife just kept getting stronger. That's because what you and your "little people" AP friends here could never get is that when you make over $500k/yr. combined, $45k is peanuts. We saved well over $100k/year in our 401k's back then. Mean anything to a welfare check to welfare check slug like you?
    If you were making that kind of money why did you take such a cut in pay by playing video poker for 100K a year? And don't give me that crap about all the travel involved in your work. You could have got a job close to home.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

What a dummy with an insatiable agenda.

What kind of stupido tries to tell the IRS that they LOST money for 6 years on schedule A over and above what they won?

It's posts like that which constantly get you and phonies like RS__ & jbjb into trouble.

LOL. What conclusions did you think the IRS drew from your alleged taxes? You're going to have to show proof of the counterbalancing losses. You can't just say, "Dudes, I lost exactly the amount on the W2Gs. Take my word for it."

You seem a bit at sea with this tax stuff. I have filed as a professional gambler, Rob. You don't quite seem to grasp what's required.

I started reading and posting here because I'm a longtime debunker of paranormal claims and such. The Mendelson/"Singer"/arci relationship paralleled a famous paranormal menage a trois, the Stanford Research Institute/Uri Geller/James Randi relationship. In fact, I suggested on many occasions that "Singer" avail himself of the opportunity to prove his abilities (which are indeed paranormal) by contacting the Randi Foundation when it hosted its Million Dollar Challenge.[/QUOTE
    I'm a big James Randi fan and love his International Skeptics forum. It was terrific when he debunked Sylvia Browne,Geller and many others.

Tableplay, you can understand why I had issues with Mr. Mendelson propping up the Singer story. The Stanford Research Institute could have used a professional magician with Geller. Mr. Mendelson could have used a professional mathematician with "Singer."

I went to a couple of early CSICOP conferences way back and attended the skeptics conference in Las Vegas a few years ago. Nothing like a Penn and Teller donut and bacon party with beer to get the night rolling.

Tableplay, you can understand why I had issues with Mr. Mendelson propping up the Singer story. The Stanford Research Institute could have used a professional magician with Geller. Mr. Mendelson could have used a professional mathematician with "Singer."

I went to a couple of early CSICOP conferences way back and attended the skeptics conference in Las Vegas a few years ago. Nothing like a Penn and Teller donut and bacon party with beer to get the night rolling.
    I'm guessing you know how weird you come off as, only you're helpless to do anything about it. It's why even the guys who hate my winning ignore your martian-speak.

And based on your confusion, you have no clue about the difference between Schedule A and Schedule C. In my case, I filed A as an AP up until 2000, which is when I started playing my strategy instead of as an AP would. 2000-2009 I filed a C, and from 2010 on it's back to A. Pretty simple really....unless, of course, you're stupid enough to think you are required to tell the IRS how much more you lost than won in Schedule A. And that's why you look and are so dumb. You keep claiming "Rob never filed as a pro from 2000-2009 because the IRS would never let him after telling them he lost money for 6 straight years prior".

You don't and can't tell the IRS that you lost money. The best they can figure is you broke even from the info we're allowed to put on there.

What an idiot.

I'm guessing you know how weird you come off as, only you're helpless to do anything about it. It's why even the guys who hate my winning ignore your martian-speak.

And based on your confusion, you have no clue about the difference between Schedule A and Schedule C. In my case, I filed A as an AP up until 2000, which is when I started playing my strategy instead of as an AP would. 2000-2009 I filed a C, and from 2010 on it's back to A. Pretty simple really....unless, of course, you're stupid enough to think you are required to tell the IRS how much more you lost than won in Schedule A. And that's why you look and are so dumb. You keep claiming "Rob never filed as a pro from 2000-2009 because the IRS would never let him after telling them he lost money for 6 straight years prior".

What an idiot.

You have to counterbalance your W2Gs with proof of losses. Evidently you have no idea what those proof of losses were.

The IRS would not allow you to file as a professional gambler. In fact, the IRS rules are such as to prevent someone like you who lost for years to cherry pick a rare winning year and declare themselves a "professional" so as to declare various expenses. The laws were written to specifically prevent that very thing.

Good story, though. As I said, there was no way those tax returns were going to wind up with Mr. Mendelson. And they most certainly did not.

The proof, Rob, is in your behavior. You were in position to prove your myth. You did not. Gee, I wonder why.

What a piece of bullshit. There are maximums you can contribute to a 401(k) each year, and they are way under $100,000. Did you pay the penalties for over contributing to your 401(k)?
    https://20somethingfinance.com/over-...ute-to-a-401k/

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    What a piece of bullshit. There are maximums you can contribute to a 401(k) each year, and they are way under $100,000. Did you pay the penalties for over contributing to your 401(k)?
    https://20somethingfinance.com/over-...ute-to-a-401k/
    Robocchio, Robocchio, where for art thau, Robocchio. Caught in another lie. What kind of story to cover it are you going to come up with this time.

Sheesh--I just wanted to know if Arci was still alive---which I still don't know.

Before commenting further, I'm going to open the floor to blackhole, coach belly, and Mr. Mendelson, all of whom have presumably had to zero out large W2Gs. Mr. Mendelson appears to follow the letter of the law, so I'm assuming he does what Jean Scott, Bob Dancer, and the IRS guidelines suggest when it comes to gambling and federal taxes.

I'll give these folks a crack at theorizing why Rob studiously avoids any mention of proof of losses.

Meanwhile, mickeycrimm pointed out another major issue with the myth. Rob, after years of losing, basically took a 60% pay cut or thereabouts to pursue his "professional video poker" career. Right out of the shoot, more or less. After years of losing. Very ballsy. Or insane. Or a myth. You know, my late wife took a 30% pay cut from the military to teach at a university, and 30% ain't no small thing. I honestly do not know anyone else who took that kind of pay cut, except Rob, who evidently took a much larger pay cut "on spec."

While that may be hard to understand, let's get back to the zeroing out of the W2Gs and the IRS protocols for doing that. I'm sure blackhole, coach belly, and Mr. Mendelson understand some of the problems with Rob's stories.

Before commenting further, I'm going to open the floor to blackhole, coach belly, and Mr. Mendelson, all of whom have presumably had to zero out large W2Gs.
    Why do you presume that I've had to zero out large W2Gs ?

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Before commenting further, I'm going to open the floor to blackhole, coach belly, and Mr. Mendelson, all of whom have presumably had to zero out large W2Gs.
    Why do you presume that I've had to zero out large W2Gs ?
    You seem to get around (New Orleans, Las Vegas, Atlantic City), so I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you weren't strapped for cash. My apologies if I overestimated your gambling volume. You do seem disciplined, in your own way.

I mean, hundreds of posts without questioning Rob requires a lot of discipline. In its own way.

Great point Redietz.

My apologies if I overestimated your gambling volume.
    Is a player with a large gambling volume presumed to have accumulated large W2Gs?

I've read of players whose average winnings are nearly $100K each year, without generating any W2Gs.
    Last edited by coach belly; 04-08-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    My apologies if I overestimated your gambling volume.
    Is a player with a large gambling volume presumed to have accumulated large W2Gs?

I've read of players whose average winnings are nearly $100K each year, without generating any W2Gs.
    And as always another deflection: no answers only questions. Not one critical note about Singer's claims. You're as transparent as a jellyfish. A real tough guy behind the keyboard who impresses nobody…..

Thread Information