Thread: Made a few minor settings changes here:

1) Thread titles can be really long now (up to 250 characters)

2) Minimum message length is now 3 characters, so if you just want to post something like "yes", you can

3) I have removed the "quick reply" box and replaced it with the full-reply mode, which is more full-featured and makes it easier to use various functions on here (such as add attachments).

Please let me know if you don't like any of these changes.

I also might upgrade this forum to vBulletin 4.1.12, which isn't the newest version, but it's the one my forum uses, and is better. It has various features that this version doesn't, while maintaining the same interface.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    1) Thread titles can be really long now (up to 250 characters)

2) Minimum message length is now 3 characters, so if you just want to post something like "yes", you can

3) I have removed the "quick reply" box and replaced it with the full-reply mode, which is more full-featured and makes it easier to use various functions on here (such as add attachments).

Please let me know if you don't like any of these changes.

I also might upgrade this forum to vBulletin 4.1.12, which isn't the newest version, but it's the one my forum uses, and is better. It has various features that this version doesn't, while maintaining the same interface.
    I hate #3. Why not have both options?

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    I hate #3. Why not have both options?
    We used to have both options before. Why change?

When I clicked "Reply to Thread" before, it would force me down to the Quick Reply option.

It didn't do that for you guys?
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

When I clicked "Reply to Thread" before, it would force me down to the Quick Reply option.

I always use quick reply box. Perhaps this is a good thing for me, as I'll post less here.

When I used "quick reply" before I could immediately type in the response box. Now I am taken to this "long form". While there is nothing wrong with the long form it just seems that it's an unnecessary step for most responses.

Okay, I put Quick Reply back

Using the quick reply box: thanks and good job!

Thread Information