Thread: What Video Poker game do you feel....

What Video Poker game do you feel gives you the best chance to win??

My choices are

9-6 Jacks or better
    $1 Progressive
    Bonus Poker

My choice is BP at whatever is the best paytable I can find at a given property.

Originally Posted by LoneStarHorse View Post

My choices are

9-6 Jacks or better
    $1 Progressive
    Bonus Poker

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    My choice is BP at whatever is the best paytable I can find at a given property.
    BP or ACES FACES

spojoey

Never played Aces Faces

Originally Posted by spojoey View Post
    BP or ACES FACES

spojoey

Never played Aces Faces
    It's the same as BP except JQK's pay 200 instead of 234's

Full pay Aces and Faces is my favorite but it is hard to find outside of Rincon and I won't go there anymore. When 8/5 Aces and Faces is not available I will play 8/5 Bonus.

A game I have done very well on -- but only at LOW denominations because of its volatility -- is Royal Aces Bonus where any quad aces pays the same as a royal. The basic strategy is to hold aces unless you have another dealt hand or close to dealt quads or straight flush.

My choices are

9-6 Jacks or better
    $1 Progressive
    Bonus Poker
    Is it 8/5 BP, 7/5? Do you know the meter speed? How high have you seen the progressive?

Progressive at Horseshoe Cincinnati got up to $5,700 which is huge considering it starts at $4,000
    With 10 seats at the bank

8/5 Bonus

Don't know the meter speed

Just as a comparison for meter speed: At Rincon in San Diego the $5 DDB progressive increased 25-cents for each $25 (five coin) bet. So that's one-tenth of one percent.

I don't recall what the contribution was on the $1 progressive, but that game also included progressives on the aces, 2s, 3s, 4s, with and without kickers.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Just as a comparison for meter speed: At Rincon in San Diego the $5 DDB progressive increased 25-cents for each $25 (five coin) bet. So that's one-tenth of one percent.

I don't recall what the contribution was on the $1 progressive, but that game also included progressives on the aces, 2s, 3s, 4s, with and without kickers.
    That's 1%
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    That's 1%
    I need a math editor.

Progressive at Horseshoe Cincinnati got up to $5,700 which is huge considering it starts at $4,000

8/5 Bonus

This is going to be your better play. $1 8/5 Bonus with a $5700 royal is at 101% plus the meter speed. When you get a chance, clock the meter. If $1 worth of action moves the meter one cent then it is a 1% meter, $2 to move it one cent and its a half percent meter, etc.

The royal being at $5700 is an indication that the meter speed is pretty good, but you won't know the exact speed until you clock it.

I've never seen a full pay progressive. Must be a treat.

8/5 Bonus

Unless it has very recently changed. Cincinnati does not have any full pay VP. The $1 progressive was 7/5 bonus poker just a few weeks ago. I don't believe a $5700 will make up for it not being full pay. I will be there later in the week and will check it.

As recently as October HorseShoe Southern Indiana still had 8/5 progress Bonus poker for $1 credits. I hope it doesn't change. Those were the only machines I know that didn't get downgraded last January.

Fitzgerald's (now The D) had a 25¢ 8/5 BP where all hands quads and higher were progressives at the upstairs bar. Not sure if they're still there.

Does Horseshoe Southern Indiana still have the $1 progressive on the wall near the bar on the 4th floor?? My host there was Emily Corbin

Originally Posted by supermaxhd View Post
    As recently as October HorseShoe Southern Indiana still had 8/5 progress Bonus poker for $1 credits. I hope it doesn't change. Those were the only machines I know that didn't get downgraded last January.

Originally Posted by slobdinger View Post
    This is going to be your better play. $1 8/5 Bonus with a $5700 royal is at 101% plus the meter speed.
    I had a malfunction at the junction. Some of the quads were set wrong when I ran this on the software. 8/5 Bonus with a $5700 royal is at 99.92%. At 7/5 with a $5700 royal the game would be at 98.9%. At 7/5 you need a $7400 royal to be at breakeven.

Does Horseshoe Southern Indiana still have the $1 progressive on the wall near the bar on the 4th floor?? My host there was Emily Corbin
    Yes. I played it when I was there in October. I hit a royal for $4400 there last year.

Thread Information