Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsbetting

Originally Posted by LoneStarHorse View Post

NHL:
    Blackhawks/Canadians OVER 5 -$110 $660/$600
    Alan, this bet here means he is betting that over 5 points will be scored. The juice on the bet in -110 so he is betting $660 to win $600.

Recap

First period Canadians/Blackhawks game 3 goals, thinking looking good.... Final score 2-1 L - $660

1st half: Pitt/Louisville 17-20 = 37 in all my years of sports betting don't think I've EVER seen 37 total points scored in a half

- $1,830
    6-6-1

Just two bets tonight:
    1st half: Siena -3 $660/$600
    Game: Siena - 5 1/2 $880/$800

- $1,830
    6-6-1

Just two bets tonight:
    LoneStar, I don't know if you know about it but you can go to Vegasinsider.com and compare the Vegas and Offshore lines to what your guy is offering. The consensus line on this game is Siena -4.

Thanks, 1 1/2 points is a big difference... Some games he's lower, some higher... NFL he's right on the number(s)

Originally Posted by slobdinger View Post
    LoneStar, I don't know if you know about it but you can go to Vegasinsider.com and compare the Vegas and Offshore lines to what your guy is offering. The consensus line on this game is Siena -4.

Thanks, 1 1/2 points is a big difference... Some games he's lower, some higher... NFL he's right on the number(s)
    I'm not a good handicapper of teams, players, matchups, etc. So I don't even try doing it. I only have one offshore account, Bovada. I'm not a heavy bettor, no more than $110 a game. I look for value. I use vegasinsider.com to compare the Vegas and offshore lines to what my book is offering. The consensus line on the Siena game just moved to -4.5. My book has it at -4.5 so I won't bet the game.

If the consensus line on the Siena game was -4 and my book had it at -5.5 then I would take the dog and the points. That's the kind of value I look for.
    Last edited by slobdinger; 01-15-2016 at 03:49 PM.

I worry about you guys who are jacks of all trades. Just because you are good in bed with a sheep doesn't mean you're good in bed with a human or your neighbor's St. Bernard.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I worry about you guys who are jacks of all trades. Just because you are good in bed with a sheep doesn't mean you're good in bed with a human or your neighbor's St. Bernard.
    What are you getting at, redietz? LoneStar, redietz is probably the best sportbettor on this site.

I mean that sex with a sheep and a human and a St. Bernard may all be "sex" from the perspective of the dude doing it, but they are completely different things that from the outside don't look like they necessarily belong in the same category, even though there's a word -- sex -- for that category.

Betting on slots and craps and hockey and basketball are all completely, utterly different things even though they are, in this culture, considered "gambling." Why not just stick with what you're best at? Or stick with what's treated you best?

I mean that sex with a sheep and a human and a St. Bernard may all be "sex" from the perspective of the dude doing it, but they are completely different things that from the outside don't look like they necessarily belong in the same category, even though there's a word -- sex -- for that category.

Betting on slots and craps and hockey and basketball are all completely, utterly different things even though they are, in this culture, considered "gambling." Why not just stick with what you're best at? Or stick with what's treated you best?
    I'm curious why you're bringing this up? Why can't someone play at or dabble in different games if they are in it for the fun and excitement of it? Of course you want to stick to your specialty if your life's income depends on it. For example I wouldn't even dream of giving tennis lessons as a real job. But if a 26 year old blonde with a nice figure asked me to help her with her net game or backhand I'm there. And I'll discount my lesson if she's cute too.

A nice "rebound" tonight

1st half: Siena 27-21 W + $600
    Game: Siena 64-52 W + $800

8-6-1
    - $430

- $1,830
    6-6-1

Just two bets tonight:

Betting 500K a year or more on something isn't "dabbling."

Betting 500K a year or more on something isn't "dabbling."
    Depends on your income and wealth, doesn't it?

Depends on one's definition of "dabble," which would suggest less than a 1% investiture of resources.

Slob presents himself as a precisionist -- he comes across as the ultimate precisionist. Never wastes resources; does the right thing gambling-wise all of the time. Slob implied, however, that he also bets on sports, which throws me, because he suggests he uses a blind mini-value-deviation strategy, which may or may not work overall. It probably works late in a college basketball season, but that's about it. It seems to me that even engaging with sports would undercut his overall effectiveness. All that discipline displayed with choosing and attacking the machines, but he doesn't even say it's a particular sport that he bets, which (theme from Jaws) suggests less than perfect discipline. That's why I said I worry about guys who don't specialize.

Why worry? Because the best of the best -- Stu Ungar, TJ Cloutier, Mike Lee, even Phil Ivey, have all come out on the wrong end of that question Alan was asking about dabbling, sometimes to huge effect.

8-6-1
    -$430

College Hoops:
    12:30PM
    1st half: Indiana - 6 -$110 $660/$600
    Game: Indiana -10 -$110 $880/$800

NFL:
    4:35PM
    1st half: Chiefs +3 -110 $330/$300
    Game: Chiefs ML + $200 $400/$800
    Game: OVER 42 1/2 -$110 $44/$400

8:15PM
    1st half: Packers +4 $880/$800
    Game: Packers ML + $250 $400/$1,000
    Game: UNDER 49 1/2 -$110 $550/$500
    Last edited by LoneStarHorse; 01-16-2016 at 05:49 AM.

Red's got the right approach in his analysis. Mickey is a Mike Shackleford wannabee which is why he plays machines (although no self-respecting "AP" would be caught dead in Montana bars) and tries his luck at sports betting. He has no money so he's harmless. This new guy LoneStar is simply one of those degenerate gamblers we see come & go, lacking discipline, true understanding, patience and grit. Thus, the reason he wants to think he knows what he's doing---and why.

I can't believe Bovada is to chicken to put up lines on this weekend's football games.

Anyway, Singer (Argentino) is an idiot as always. Redietz I'm not a real sportsbettor. It's just goofball stuff. I bet $100 to $110 a game. You know damn well that if I took the spreadsheet, taped it to a dartboard and threw darts at it to make my picks, I would win half the bets. It doesn't interfere with my machine play because it's easy to do at night when I'm home, or in the hotel room if I'm on the road. I can beat poker too. We have live poker in Montana. Do I play it? Rarely. The reason is because my time is bettor spent on machines where I have a much higher hourly rate.

The reason I put up the $10,000 challenge to Singer is because I know what my average daily earn is. My lowest daily average on a road trip was $544. My highest was $607. I get payed everyday. I work the biggest edges in the business. Rob is a clown on the sideslines barking ignorant stuff.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    This new guy LoneStar is simply one of those degenerate gamblers we see come & go, lacking discipline, true understanding, patience and grit. Thus, the reason he wants to think he knows what he's doing---and why.
    Rob, how come you are not bragging to LoneStar about all your wealth? You've done that to the rest of us. Why are you letting him off the hook? We all know why. LoneStar has been far more successful than you. He's worth a hell of a lot more money than you. ROTFLMAO!!!

I'm not wealthy Mickey. Slugs like you might think I am because of a $70,000 car or an RV or because I live in a decent home instead of some chump apt. in a hick state. But the people I've worked with in my career are all doing at least as good as we are. If this LoneStar has lots of money then there's always someone nearby doing better so he knows his place. Just like I do.

One might ask YOU mickey---if you make so much on keno (which to me really isn't worth bothering with anyway) then why are you not playing every day, all day? Oh I see....it must be because of the little $800 jackpot limit and how many eyebrows must be raised as you "make" $544/cash out.

If you only knew how many people email me making fun if all your drunken "I'm a pro keno player and expert in Montana video poker" posts. But I'm sure you're used to being ridiculed for leading such a loner, loser life.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 01-16-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Red's got the right approach in his analysis. Mickey is a Mike Shackleford wannabee which is why he plays machines (although no self-respecting "AP" would be caught dead in Montana bars) and tries his luck at sports betting. He has no money so he's harmless.
    Here's my money for the bet, big fella.

http://www.imgur.com/6mLJc9z

Robbie is a chicken
    Robbie is a chicken
    Robbie is a chicken
    Robbie is a chicken

Thread Information