Thread: Let's talk about the garage sale business...

How do you set the prices for the things you sell? Do you visit thrift shops, have a committee made up of your neighbors and friends who suggest prices, do you price them high for room to negotiate? Or do you price them so low that anyone would be embarrassed to offer less? Which day is best for a garage sale -- Saturday or Sunday? What time do you start and what time do the earlybirds actually show up?

My experience is use Craig's list carefully. Prices are a moot subject unless one has an absolute minimum price. Typically for me, garage sale items have no other market, unlike high end collectibles. Every item needs an individual price (unless you are over-staffed and are on the same page). Friday can be the best day for earlybirds. Professional buyers will arrive minutes before your stated start time and have a nasty attitude if you're not ready. Well guess what........welcome to my world of "private property" as in "You may leave now"!!!!!

My rule is always........"If you want this item, you have to take 3 of this I don't want". Otherwise.......no deal.
    Last edited by Lucky(St)Louis; 09-02-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Thread Information