Thread: Boyd Dining Upgrades

The LVA just reported that Boyd has earmarked $100 million to upgrade dining throughout its properties. The Orleans is opening Adler and Birch Cocktails and Fine Dining and an Ondori Asian Kitchen. Adler and Birch had opened for private events when I was there. It looks like a really nice place.

I refer folks to the LVA site for additional information.

Thanks for sharing. I have yet to check out the Orleans, I stick with Gold Coast since they have better Video Poker games above quarter denominations. I look forward to that upgrade and will visit there.

The Gold Coast needs a cafe pretty much, the only 24 hour joint is TGI Fridays and it is much overpriced than the ones in SoCal.

Originally Posted by alpax View Post
    the only 24 hour joint is TGI Fridays and it is much overpriced than the ones in SoCal.
    I've often wondered about that Fridays. Is the menu the same and how much higher are the prices? I happen to like Fridays. Is this one clean?

The Gold Coast TGIF is clean. It actually has a lot of clutter/memorabilia which is fun to look at. They have daily specials. Chicken Fried Chicken is Monday's. I prefer this one to the Orleans TGIF. The Gold Coast TGIF is a bit quieter, it seems, and is right next to the elevators, so you can duck out of your room and into it or get food to go. The Orleans TGIF is more party-oriented, I think. The Orleans TGIF has more people per square foot, certainly.

I like the TGIF breakfasts and salads.

On a negative note, the service at the Gold Coast TGIF has been spotty compared to other TGIFs, I think. They have their personnel numbers down to a science to match guests, and when the place looks dead, that doesn't mean service is fast.

We ate in the GC TGIF three or four times this last trip.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I've often wondered about that Fridays. Is the menu the same and how much higher are the prices? I happen to like Fridays. Is this one clean?
    I've eaten at the Friday's inside Gold Coast. It is clean, had decent food, service was a little slow, no real complaints. Pricing is comparable to eating at a Chili's or Applebee's.

Thread Information