Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportsbetting ONLY thread

This thread is for us Sports Bettors... There are quite a few good ones in here....

As you know I've been posting my daily plays and results...

My current stats and tonight's plays, these were posted earlier this morning in my original thread which has been disrupted intentionally

41-31-1
    + $4,170

College Hoops:

6:30PM
    1st half: Illinois - 3 1/2 $550/$500
    Game: Illinois - 7 $660/$600

7:00PM
    1st half: St Joseph's - 3 1/2 $440/$400
    1st half: UNDER 71 $660/$600
    Game: St Joseph's - 6 1/2 $660/$600
    Game: UNDER 150 $880/$800

7:00PM
    1st half: Florida - 4 1/2 $550/$500
    1st half: OVER 69 1/2 $660/$600
    Game: Florida - 9 $880/$800
    Game: OVER 148 $1,100/$1,000

I'm a sports bettor because I say I am. I'm not a good one. But I'd like to see proof that you're really making those bets. You got it....or is it another gotcha?

Why would anyone obsess over whether someone is making $440 or $880 wagers? Rob, those aren't even particularly large bets. LoneStar's not trying to play BMOC with those bets -- they aren't that big.

What possible reason would anyone have for providing evidence they made a bet? What's the upside? Convince random forum members?

FYI -- offshores keep tallies of total volume wagered per year. You can pull those up at any time. Nobody posts those with, "Oh gee -- lookie here. I bet 160K last year at one site. I'm a big deal." People just don't do that stuff.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Why would anyone obsess over whether someone is making $440 or $880 wagers? Rob, those aren't even particularly large bets. LoneStar's not trying to play BMOC with those bets -- they aren't that big.

What possible reason would anyone have for providing evidence they made a bet? What's the upside? Convince random forum members?

FYI -- offshores keep tallies of total volume wagered per year. You can pull those up at any time. Nobody posts those with, "Oh gee -- lookie here. I bet 160K last year at one site. I'm a big deal." People just don't do that stuff.
    You keep trying to make your case for never showing one iota of evidence that you bet--even video poker. Why are you obsessing over that and not just do it? You really think anybody here cares so much that it'll be life-changing?

What possible reason? You are aware of that jackpot thread. People just post their winners, big or small. Few ever claim they're big deal bettors, yet you do and strangely enough you won't let us in for the slightest peek. Your excuses are always weak and I'm sure you know that. First you say the amount of the bet doesn't matter and is up to the individual, then you say the bets are so small that it doesn't matter. Then it's a rant about random forum members who mean nothing. What in the world are you worried about? I get blasted all the time with lies and fake accusations. Do you see me hiding and caring because of it? This is all for fun and entertainment. Please wise up.

Please show me the thread where I say I'm a big deal bettor. In fact, please show me the thread where I mention how much I bet on anything other than video poker.

I repeat, "What possible reason would anyone have for providing evidence they made a bet?"

If it makes you feel better, Rob, I'll let certain forum members and Alan take a peek at my Super Bowl wagers.

1st half scores:

Illinois 37-40 - 3 1/2 L - $550
    St Joe's 35-42 - 3 1/2 L - $440
    UNDER 71 77 L - $660
    Florida 39-37 - 4 1/2 L - $550
    OVER 69 1/2 76 W + $600

Off to a rough start.....

I think it's interesting to see sports picks with odds, payoffs, etc. even if real money was not bet. What would be more interesting is why someone picks one bet over another, and that's what I'd like to see.

Back in the Jurassic Era, when I anchored the weekend sports on WTVH in Syracuse (OMG was that embarrassing) I made a point of not just reporting scores like others did -- I reported on what was happening with teams and players. I found that to be more interesting than scores. By the way-- those were the days when I called the Nordiques the Nor-dih-cues.

I remember the Nordicues. I also remember playing basketball with the red-white-and-blue ABA ball. It was a bit bouncy. Those were the days.

Please show me the thread where I say I'm a big deal bettor. In fact, please show me the thread where I mention how much I bet on anything other than video poker.

I repeat, "What possible reason would anyone have for providing evidence they made a bet?"

If it makes you feel better, Rob, I'll let certain forum members and Alan take a peek at my Super Bowl wagers.
    Nothing but more obfuscation and promises about the future to deflect.

You were the perfect fit on LVA.

Future deflections? Alan has the instructions as to how to pull up my Super Bowl wagers and the amounts. Some of the wagers have already been made. They are in black and white.

You could use a journalism course. "Remembering" and "opining" aren't really substitutes for fact finding and digging up actual verbatim quotes. Paraphrasing, without notes or recordings, is fiction. You post a lot of fiction. Try verifying what you write once in awhile.

The verifiable (as opposed to undeniable) truth will set you free. You have a lot of demons, Rob. I feel badly for your son.
    Last edited by redietz; 02-03-2016 at 09:52 PM.

I'm all smiles with sugary thoughts red. Just LOOK how long it took me to finally get you to disclose something. And all that articulate lecturing complete with grammar and spellchecking that you believe puts you at the head of this little class? Didn't help your case at all. The facts go both ways.

Rob, I "disclosed" that I finished first, second, and third in three handicapping contests a week ago. You seem to have forgotten that. I kept Alan informed for the last couple of months, so it seems you didn't really have any effect on any "disclosures."

For the record, I don't rely on spellcheck. Good try, though. Spellcheck is quite often a bit wrong.

The only two things you mentioned in your last post, both stupid, trivial things, were both dead wrong.

Keep swinging, though. We like giving Singer more at bats. Speaking of which, have you read my ditty? It's a take-off of Casey At The Bat.

Redietz: the master of writing 500 words or less while saying virtually nothing of substance.

OF COURSE you had that secret deal with Alan.Who wouldn't?

Bad night went 3-7 - $2,420

44-38-1
    + $1,750

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Redietz: the master of writing 500 words or less while saying virtually nothing of substance.

OF COURSE you had that secret deal with Alan.Who wouldn't?
    I don't know what you mean by secret deal. I also don't understand why redietz can't make the same info public?

The info is public, Alan. My selections in the contests were public, some before the games were played, some immediately after.

Rob just doesn't know what he's talking about.

The info is public, Alan. My selections in the contests were public, some before the games were played, some immediately after.

Rob just doesn't know what he's talking about.
    So please post the link so everyone can see and we can stop this silly discussion.

44-38-1
    + $1,750

College Hoops:

1st half: Texas A & M pick 'em $1,650/1,500
    1st half: OVER 64 1/2 $880/$800
    Game: Texas A & M + 1 $1,650/$1,500
    Game: OVER 138 $880/$800

When our here I pick just one game & bet bigger... Let's see how this works out for me

I hope you're correct on this one, LoneStar. I took the little buggers, some at 85-1 and some at 65-1, to win the whole shebang a few weeks ago. This is actually a big game for them after that last road outing against Arkansas. SEC home courts look pretty tough.

Recap from last night:

1st half: Texas A & M 33-40 L - $1,650
    1st half: OVER 64 1/2 73 W + $800
    Game: Texas A & M 60-77 L. - $1,650
    Game: OVER 138 137 L - $880

1-3
    + $800 - $4,180 = - $3,380

45-41-1
    - $1,630

Ugly ugly night it was

Originally Posted by LoneStarHorse View Post
    44-38-1
    + $1,750

College Hoops:

1st half: Texas A & M pick 'em $1,650/1,500
    1st half: OVER 64 1/2 $880/$800
    Game: Texas A & M + 1 $1,650/$1,500
    Game: OVER 138 $880/$800

When our here I pick just one game & bet bigger... Let's see how this works out for me

Thread Information