Thread: December 21, 2012

In another thread someone asked "what do you think will happen Dec. 21, 2012?"

According to some, 12/21/12 is supposed to be the date of some world wide catastrophic event. It is already becoming a commercial venture.

I expect to soon see tee-shirts with graphics that say: "I bought this Dec. 21, 2012 on credit so I won't have to pay for it."

For those of us who are superstitious about the game of craps, I am sure we will flock to Las Vegas to bet the horn (the numbers 2, 3, 11 and 12) and to bet midnight (12) straight up.

12/21/12 wedding ceremonies? Why not? I'm sure the Vegas wedding chapels will offer a special wedding package but in the case of most wedding planners and wedding event locations they always want to be paid up front.

12/21/12 might be embraced by fans of the late Lawrence Welk... "a one, and a two..."

Some enterprising discounters might use 12/21/12 for some package deals such as "pay for 12, get 21, for 12 hours only."

How about this deal from a coffee house: "get 12 cups of coffee for $21 for the next 12 months."

Your thoughts?

This is what I think, not what I hope.

I can see at least 2 scenarios, but I'll just cover the first. If it is "calm" run up to the date, then I expect to see an increase in hard and soft new stories on the subject everywhere.

People will probably stockpile essentials, food and water, etc. Possibly a spike in generator sales and associated products.

The President may even issue a statement to calm fear.

It will make Y2k seem like nothing.

In the free nature journals around town, the story is already in every issue. The consensus is not the end, just the end of the world as we know it. Supposedly events are to occur to bring mankind into a closer alignment with nature.

Thread Information