Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to kill a forum

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    RS___ is the worst. You should see what he says about me on Brand B... even while he posts here.

Here's the problem, RS___: Of course I would go for the royal, but you cannot judge what another does. For someone else holding the dealt flush is enough to make their day. For example-- someone is playing a $100/coin VP machine, 8/5 Bonus. What's that dealt flush worth to them?

Of course you can argue they have no business playing a $100/coin VP machine if they don't have the bankroll to try for the royal. But it's their money -- not yours. And that is the point: it's their money, and winning $2500 just might be the big windfall they need. And for them $2500 in hand is worth a heck of a lot more than $400,000 in the bush.

This is where actual results beat math and theory.

But the armchair quarterbacks (Super Bowl is tomorrow hence the analogy) would never understand that.
    And if someone holds the flush over 4 to a royal, they can. It's stupid, but they can do as they wish. I would not recommend holding the flush (except in specific situations where it'd make sense to do that, but that would be rare). That is not the problem.

The problem is when you, Rob, etc. go around making awful claims (luck > skill.....advantage means nothing - only matters if you get lucky with the RNG, etc.). Or as you both claim, you can be a long term winner by using stop losses & win goals. Most of what both of you say just hurts players. THAT is the problem.

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    And if someone holds the flush over 4 to a royal, they can. It's stupid,
    In this particular thread the problem is you used the word "stupid."

In this particular thread the problem is you used the word "stupid."
    My apologies. I should have written "almost always not optimal/smart."

"The problem is when you, Rob, etc. go around making awful claims (luck > skill.....advantage means nothing - only matters if you get lucky with the RNG, etc.). Or as you both claim, you can be a long term winner by using stop losses & win goals. Most of what both of you say just hurts players. THAT is the problem."

RS__, when you say things like "you can't win long term using win and loss goals" don't you realize that sounds as foolish to someone like me who's done it for over 15 years, as your saying to me that skill is greater than luck in video poker? That's the never-ending disagreement I have with "AP's". Plus, I've played vp as an ap for 6+ years. Have you attempted to learn and play my successful strategy even once? And just because actual results mean everything to Alan and I while we believe theory and probability are best left for the classroom and at computer stations in the home, a reasonable person should never dismiss other's beliefs & claims without first stepping into their shoes for an adequate amount of time.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    RS__, when you say things like "you can't win long term using win and loss goals" don't you realize that sounds as foolish to someone like me who's done it for over 15 years ...
    And yet, when given a chance to prove this statement was true by sending Alan your tax returns, you refused. Sorry little man, but when you did that, that was proof to everyone else that you never won a cent and you've been lying for all these years. The only thing you're going to get when you make those claims now is laughs, big belly laughs. We know you are lying.

Arcimede$ also misses the point of this thread.

Arcimede$ also misses the point of this thread.
    Nah, I just love irony.

I moved the RS___ post to create a new thread.

Thread Information