Thread: WYNN vs Caesars Hosts in Vegas

There are so many differences between the hosts at Caesars and WYNN in Vegas.. The biggest one it WYNN hosts won't say no to you... Caesars hosts say no or "let me get back to you" then never call you back...

WYNN thinks ahead for you, Caesars just doesn't think... This was our first stay at the WYNN upon arrival there was an envelope with everyone name and a players card.. No waiting in a line... Table reservations in the club for my kids, spa treatments for my wife..
    Dinner reservation(s) Every day when you put your card in a machine within 5 mins a host comes over says hello what can we do for you....

Overall WYNN is a first class operation, Caesars was never this good...

Will update more on Weds

One of my first, immediate impressions of the Wynn, which continues to this day, is that the personnel is top notch from cocktail waitresses to the people manning the booths to phone personnel. Everyone working for Wynn must be trained for maximum eye contact and thinking on their feet. They are able to do their jobs and sort out priorities without it ever seeming as if they are frazzled or assignments are beyond their abilities. If they say they need to speak to a manager, you believe them. It never seems like a cop out. It's absolute professionalism at every position.

I have seen booth personnel handle a situation or two which to me seemed unusual and potentially challenging, and they handled it smoothly and easily by simply grasping the proper priorities and being flexible enough to know the right move. And they didn't have to go check with anybody.

Now don't get me wrong -- I don't do much gambling there as the vp is less than stellar and the sports book wants a 20K bet before they'll buy you lunch, but as a true resort, Wynn is really something.
    Last edited by redietz; 02-08-2016 at 10:58 PM.

My only beef with them is even if you're playing $10 vp at their bars (Wynn & Encore) they don't comp drinks--even soft drinks. Yet if you're playing quarters on the floor they do. Is that stupid policy still in place? It was two years ago, and it was since they opened.

I have zero experience with hosts at Wynn and in fact played there once for $40 or so on 25-cent video poker just to rest before making the walk back to Caesars. This is when I walked up to Wynn to check out the symbol on the $25 video poker machine. (By the way, I was playing Triple Double Bonus and if I recall I won a hundred bucks or so.)

LoneStar wrote about Wynn "Every day when you put your card in a machine within 5 mins a host comes over says hello what can we do for you...." Frankly, I hate that. The last thing I want is a host to come over and bother me when I'm playing. When I want something, I'll call the host. My hosts at Caesars and Rincon (before I stopped playing there) know that and that's why they never came over to me while playing. HOWEVER I know that they are graded on making face to face contact so whenever I get a survey I ALWAYS SAY the host contacted me face to face. This way everybody is happy.

When a I was "recruited" by a host at Bellagio several months ago, I got the same treatment LoneStar talks about: new player card waiting, reservations made, and he met me at the valet and then walked me to the VIP check-in to check me in and be sure my free play was loaded and explained how it worked.

I've never used my card there except the first day I got it back in the mid 2000's and got $25 free play with it. Every other time, I'm a refusal.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    One of my first, immediate impressions of the Wynn, which continues to this day, is that the personnel is top notch from cocktail waitresses to the people manning the booths to phone personnel. Everyone working for Wynn must be trained for maximum eye contact and thinking on their feet. They are able to do their jobs and sort out priorities without it ever seeming as if they are frazzled or assignments are beyond their abilities. If they say they need to speak to a manager, you believe them. It never seems like a cop out. It's absolute professionalism at every position.

I have seen booth personnel handle a situation or two which to me seemed unusual and potentially challenging, and they handled it smoothly and easily by simply grasping the proper priorities and being flexible enough to know the right move. And they didn't have to go check with anybody.

Now don't get me wrong -- I don't do much gambling there as the vp is less than stellar and the sports book wants a 20K bet before they'll buy you lunch, but as a true resort, Wynn is really something.
    I heard that the high stakes denomination for VP are decent, but the cashback is minuscule. The other rumor I heard is they no mail players with a Vegas address who play on those special VP games.

I wonder what kind of treatment do new people without a track record like LSH will get.

Thread Information