Thread: Gaga and the National Anthem: How Long?

Big controversy on the national anthem length -- the books called it an Under. They refused to count GaGa's repeating "of the Brave."

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Big controversy on the national anthem length -- the books called it an Under. They refused to count GaGa's repeating "of the Brave."
    If you asked me to post a video of Gaga singing the National Anthem, I would include the repeat of the final words. To omit the final words would mean editing her full performance.

I agree. The offshores declared it an Under, which I thought was wrong. I honestly do not know how the Las Vegas books graded it. Can anybody in LV for the Super Bowl report on that? I don't want to assume LV did the same as the offshores.

This was the most confusing result I've seen since the Tyson fight where it was declared no-contest and different books had different rules for that. There was almost a riot in the MGM over their interpretation of the no-contest rules.

I agree with Alan. GaGa had every right to sing her interpretation, and that includes repeating the final couple of words if she chooses.

Lady Gaga is an incredible talent and sang the best rendition of the song since Whitney did it in 1991, no matter what anyone thinks of her presentation. I also saw where the gay rights people tried to take ownership of the fact that she wore a supposedly "gay outfit" in honor of them. Which of course is BS, even if she never admits it.

Thread Information