4-The Buffet Wynn
    5-Bacchanal Caesars
    6-Le Village Buffet
    7-Cravings Mirage
    8-Todai
    9-Flavors the Buffet Harrahs
    10-The Buffet at Aria

Of the ones I've visited:

1) Wicked Spoon @ Cosmo [EVERYTHING is delicious, seriously. Even the sushi]
    2) Bacchanal @ Caesars (The meat section is the best, and the Mexican food is actually legit)
    3) Wynn buffet -- Great food, big selection if I recall, but been a year or 2 since I've gone.
    4) Paris Buffet (Le Village?) -- I enjoyed the food. Prime rib was good (not excellent)...no straight horse radish if I recall.
    5) Bellagio -- Been a while since I've gone there....don't remember there being too large of a selection Several years since I've gone.

Those are the only on-strip buffets I've been to (or remember going to).

I liked the buffet at M but it was a few years ago. What I liked was that I found the food nicely presented and neat and clean stations.

Of course I've been to Caesars a few times but I'd rather sit and order at a regular restaurant rather than pay the Caesars price.

I went to the Bellagio and Rio buffets but I don't remember anything that made me want to return.

Frankly I don't eat enough to make me a buffet lover.

Hmmmm, this is my wheelhouse, although I have never had either the Bellagio or Cosmo buffets.

I really like the Wynn buffet; it's kind of not really a buffet. I would probably put Planet Hollywood second, although to tell you the truth, I thought it was a bit better five/six years ago. I think Cravings is fine, but maybe a bit overrated. I would also put Le Village ahead of Cravings, especially for breakfast.

I'll have to give the Bellagio and Cosmo a try.

Now, I remember a list I had about 20 years ago of the worst buffets on the strip. The Holiday was the worst (oldsters may remember -- somewhere near where Monte Carlo is today, I think). Circus-Circus was second, god bless them.

Alan, I would put M in my top half dozen, but I didn't know if they counted as "the strip."

Redietz raises a good point. What is the Strip? South Point and M (it's on Las Vegas Blvd isn't it) have extended the Strip.

I used to think the Strip ended at Mandalay Bay. Before that it ended at MGM Grand.

By the way, I forgot Sunday Brunch at the Four Seasons. That was superb.

I actually had M as my third favorite after Wynn and Planet Hollywood a few years ago, but I think both PH and M are not quite as good as they were. When M opened, the buffet looked tremendous and service was great.

IMO, "The strip" is from Mandalay Bay to Circus Circus. I don't consider South Point, The M, Rio, or anything downtown to be considered on the strip.

Bacchanal is the best one, though it is overpriced. I wouldn't pay $54 to eat at any buffet.

Paris buffet is crap. I last visited about 18 months ago when I had a free coupon for it. That was about it what it was worth.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Bacchanal is the best one, though it is overpriced. I wouldn't pay $54 to eat at any buffet.
    I'm afraid that a good part of that price is for food you don't eat.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I'm afraid that a good part of that price is for food you don't eat.
    Does the Bacchanal Buffet price also include wine or beer?

Originally Posted by a2a3dseddie View Post
    Does the Bacchanal Buffet price also include wine or beer?
    Good question so I called them: (702) 731-7928 is the main number at Caesars and the operators had this info:

Non alcoholic drinks are included. Alcohol, wine, beer, mixed drinks are extra.

I was also told that the Saturday Sunday brunch is no longer with free Mimosas -- that's a change. I remember the free Mimosas (and a certain ex girlfriend had plenty of them). Now they want $5 for unlimited Mimosas for Saturday and Sunday brunches.

And there is also something new: a package deal on drinks.

For $22 at each meal extra, you get all you can drink in ONE of the following categories:
    1. Beer: Miller Lite or New Castle, all you can drink
    2. Champagne or Mimosas
    3. Red or White wine (house wines)

I was told that these changes started THIS WEEK.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Paris buffet is crap. I last visited about 18 months ago when I had a free coupon for it. That was about it what it was worth.
    I agree. $54 is a lot to ask, especially if alcohol isn't included. Better be a whole lot of seafood and quality cuts of beef and lamb for that price.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Good question so I called them: (702) 731-7928 is the main number at Caesars and the operators had this info:

Non alcoholic drinks are included. Alcohol, wine, beer, mixed drinks are extra.

I was also told that the Saturday Sunday brunch is no longer with free Mimosas -- that's a change. I remember the free Mimosas (and a certain ex girlfriend had plenty of them). Now they want $5 for unlimited Mimosas for Saturday and Sunday brunches.

And there is also something new: a package deal on drinks.

For $22 at each meal extra, you get all you can drink in ONE of the following categories:
    1. Beer: Miller Lite or New Castle, all you can drink
    2. Champagne or Mimosas
    3. Red or White wine (house wines)

I was told that these changes started THIS WEEK.
    The $5 extra for unlimited mimosas at Sunday brunch was offered to me when I was there in January. I declined.

I thought Seven Stars got champagne or a mimosa at that buffet as one of the card benefits. Was that discontinued or am I just confused that that ever was an offering?

I also noted on my January visit that the charge on the receipt specifies a 2 hour buffet.

Yeah, I think I remember a 2-hour limit at the Bacchanal buffet. But I do distinctly remember there being a 2-hour limit at the Bellagio buffet (at least, when I was there last, several years ago). Can't blame them, though. They don't want a large crowd coming in and hanging out for several hours and getting drunk from the unlimited drinks. Costs them money (more alcohol to serve as well as fewer tables to seat paying customers) as well as the likely event the crowd gets too drunk and starts causing a ruckus.

At least, that's my take on it. There could be other/different reasons, but that sounds like the most obvious to me.

There is a sign at the Bacchanal buffet indicating it's for two hours. I can't imagine spending a full two hours in there. But I would estimate it does take an hour or a bit longer if you are sampling and exploring.

I never heard anything about champagne or Mimosas for 7 Stars. I was always told it was included with the Sunday/Saturday brunch menu. When I called and found out it was changed to a pay-item I was shocked. I don't drink, as I said, but a lot of people look forward to champagne/mimosa brunches and I think that was a real blunder for Caesars to make.

I remembered where I read it - it was on Seven Stars Insider on the Caesars Palace page:

"Look for the special Seven Stars entrance to the Bacchanal Buffet. Seven Stars and Diamond cardholders [and their guest(s)] receive a complimentary glass of house wine or champagne when dining at the Bacchanal Buffet."

One mimosa is more than enough for me.

Originally Posted by pkspins View Post
    I remembered where I read it - it was on Seven Stars Insider on the Caesars Palace page:

"Look for the special Seven Stars entrance to the Bacchanal Buffet. Seven Stars and Diamond cardholders [and their guest(s)] receive a complimentary glass of house wine or champagne when dining at the Bacchanal Buffet."

One mimosa is more than enough for me.
    The only time I went to the Bacchanal before was for the Sunday brunch and then my date only wanted mimosas (and lots of them) -- and back then there was never a charge. So if there was such a sign or policy, we never became aware of it.

I was discussing the new charge with some friends and they were shocked that on top of the hefty Bacchanal prices Caesars would add on this charge.

Who heard of the Butler Buffet at Wynn?

Thread Information