It was an interesting experience at the craps tables at Bellagio late Saturday night. There was the usual mix of players including young couples who wanted to try their luck at craps, and those who wanted to stand at the table and watch, and the beginners, and a few veteran players, too.

But there was one player in particular who was the most aggravating guy I've seen at a craps table in years.

He had money -- but not knowledge how to play. How do I know? Because he was throwing out incorrect bets, he was betting at the wrong time, and he wouldn't shut up.

You don't throw out bets when the shooter has the dice and is actually moving his arm to throw. I guess you can make that mistake once -- but you just don't keep doing it after being told by the dealers not to.

You also don't make incorrect bets even when the dealers have told you what a correct bet is -- and this guy kept making those incorrect bets. What type of incorrect bet? Well, this was a $25 minimum bet table and the player kept making bets below the posted minimum on box numbers. Did he have too much to drink? Perhaps he did drink too much because when he reached into his wallet and said he was buying in for $200 more he pulled out one $100 bill and one $20 bill.

The worst thing this character did was keep muttering "come on aces." There's nothing wrong with saying "come on aces" when you have a bet on aces or a bet on the field, but this character kept muttering "come on aces" while the game was paused because the accountants were at the table doing the chip count and the chip count stopped the action for several minutes. And all during that several minutes he kept muttering "come on aces."

Ironically, when this character had lost almost all of his money betting the horn (2, 3, 11 and 12) and betting the field and aces (2) straight up -- he had his remaining $250 on the passline with odds with a point of 8. $50 flat bet and $200 odds. And what was he throwing? Aces, midnight, ace-deuce, ace-deuce, 4, 10 and finally 7-out. And away he went.