Thread: Peyton Manning and Budweiser?

Twice Peyton Manning plugged Budweiser during the Super Bowl. What was that about?

He tried to get everyone's mind off the fact that his wife went to a clinic for him to claim injury so she could get PED's, then she gave them to him. He thought talking about beer would make everyone forget.

I assume he'll be a spokesperson down the road, but Budweiser confirmed he wasn't paid for the plug. I see Peyton as landing a job sometime as a supporting character on a sitcom.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Budweiser confirmed he wasn't paid for the plug.
    Where did you see that?

I wouldn't be surprised if the plug was seeded by the NFL.

A couple of different advertising/business sites reported Budweiser didn't pay him. If you google it, it should pop up.

It had to have been seeded. He said it to Tracy, the reporter, immediately after the game when she asked him about retiring. It was loud and raucous at that time. Then in the trophy presentation, Jim Nantz, I think, asked him if he could repeat what he'd said to Tracy earlier because people couldn't hear him very well, and he repeated the Budweiser line.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Twice Peyton Manning plugged Budweiser during the Super Bowl. What was that about?
    Here's your answer:

Manning's investment portfolio includes part ownership of two Anheuser-Busch distributors in his native Louisiana; as you probably know, Anheuser-Busch brews Bud.

Getting ready for retirement, why not take advantage of some free advertising?

Thread Information