Thread: Do you throw away leftovers?

Alan, please indulge me a moment. This is not a joke.

I used to consume every food item I bought, until I moved in with my LF.

I think this is partly at the view of world opinion regarding the US. People of means throw away more than those who have less.

It's wracking my nerves, even more than gambling. I can't comprehend purchasing more of something before consuming what has already been purchased.

Should I just get over it and accept it for what it is?

I'm serious...why do I see this?

I'm hoping this Forum understands.

OK, edit....... I suppose the economy would be worse if everything everyone bought was actually consumed to its fullest.
    Last edited by Lucky(St)Louis; 09-06-2011 at 05:59 PM.

We would all help keep a lid on inflation if we only bought what we actually consume. Consider meat as an example. It is very costly to raise cattle and bring the beef to market. Included in the cost grains, electric power, trucking, fuel. Cut back on wasted meats and demand for a host of products and services will drop, and basic economics tells us that will lower costs.

Of course it affects our personal budget. i just got back from the supermarket and while there I called my wife to ask her what we might need so I wouldn't have to make another trip. She suggested a few things including some frozen dinners. That's when I told we're overstocked with frozen dinners and there was no need to buy more until I went thru the supply of rigatoni's and pastas and orange chicken dinners that we stocked up on last trip.

But I did pick up Oreo double stuff cookies and I know I will eat every single one of them with no leftovers.

And this concept of waste goes beyond food. How many times are we told to group together our trips in our cars when we run errands to save gas. That would also help to lower pump prices.

Yes, we should all conserve and tighten up. And so should the government. We should find a $5.99 hammer that works as well as a $699 hammer.

Yes! there are things that we should need to throw leftovers, if its not usable anymore the only thing that we need to use is to throw it...any way can I ask you about handmade persian rugs?

I think that many of us would be interested in discussing handmade Persian rugs. In fact, back in the 1970s when these were very hot investments and very popular as a hedge against high inflation, I had a lot of interest in them. But instead of trying to sneak in a link to your business (which I will let pass this time) why don't you tell us about the current market for Persian rugs and some info on current price trends -- and then post a link to your business. Just be up front and honest about it, instead of trying to hide it in a discussion about waste and leftovers. Thanks.

Thread Information