Thread: uh oh... Great Gift Wrap Up SCANDAL is brewing

Stand by... this could be big if it isn't resolved immediately. It could involve thousands and thousands of bonus points.

Okay... here's the dirt: http://alanbestbuys.com/id335.html Someone changed the rules for the year-end 2X points promotion.

Yes, no book by date requirement was stated in the original offer.
    I found an email I got from TR on this on August 27th. It's one of those ones that are set up to look like a letter from your host, with their name and contact info, but that are automatically sent out of TR like all the offer emails. This was all it said.

Dear PKSpins,

Our exclusive shopping extravaganza is approaching and I'm sure you have been earning gift points and looking forward to the big event. Please allow me to add to the excitement because I have great news. This year for the FIRST TIME EVER you can DOUBLE your points! Get twice the amount of gift points generated January 1 - October 15, 2016.

All you have to do is stay and play at any of our properties between September 1, 2016 and October 15, 2016 and we'll give you a (one time) 2x multiplier on all GGWU points. Yes, it is as easy as that. Take advantage of the opportunity to earn more than ever before. The more you have, the more you can shop!

Please call me to book your next trip. Your Las Vegas trip awaits!

PKSpins Host
    Host Direct Dial Phone number
    Host Direct Email
    I have another one from August 18th that has similar language in a normal offer email format.

I'm behind on cleaning out my emails so I did some searches. The only Great Gift Wrap Up correspondence I received that had a Book by September 15th caveat attached was for booking stays to attend the events to cash in your points. If I had booked a stay for one of those by September 15th I would have then been entered in a drawing for 1 million points.

I stayed there in September early in the month anyway on a trip I already had planned that had nothing to do with this, but because of this offer I'm assuming my points will be doubled. I had no plans to go there around the time of the events and even the doubled total isn't enough to make me change those plans.

Thanks for posting that confirmation that they changed the rules.

That is pretty bad. Good catch.

Has anyone attempted to question either a host or Total Rewards about this?

I would think anyone who took advantage of the original deal should be entitled to the appropriate number of GGWU points.

Since GGWU points are comps, CET is not REQUIRED to do anyting. But this would sure make them look bad if they won't honor it.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan I don't think anyone was aware of the additional term about the reservation deadline until I notified my own host and then put it on my website and here and Las Vegas Advisor and Facebook and Twitter. Hopefully that has alerted the hundreds of Total Rewards players who might get caught by this.

The big problem is that there was NO booking code even for those who made a reservation before the deadline. That may mean there is NO WAY to identify accounts to double the points. This could be a major screw up and it might have to be handled one player at a time in person at the GGWU. Imagine standing in line to look up your records to get your points?

Or in a worst case imagine GGWU saying NO because your reservation was not made before the deadline!

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan I don't think anyone was aware of the additional term about the reservation deadline until I notified my own host and then put it on my website and here and Las Vegas Advisor and Facebook and Twitter. Hopefully that has alerted the hundreds of Total Rewards players who might get caught by this.

The big problem is that there was NO booking code even for those who made a reservation before the deadline. That may mean there is NO WAY to identify accounts to double the points. This could be a major screw up and it might have to be handled one player at a time in person at the GGWU. Imagine standing in line to look up your records to get your points?

Or in a worst case imagine GGWU saying NO because your reservation was not made before the deadline!
    it probably doesn't need a booking code. They can easily identify who stayed at a CET property, as well as the date they booked.

However, they should really honor their initial offer. It would be awful if they didn't.

I think someone screwed up. They probably meant a 9/15 booking deadling all along, forgot to state it, and now are pretending like it was that way the whole time.

Typical CET.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I think this offer was a circus from the get go, just from what I recall reading about it at the time the offer originally came out on various discussion forums. As I recall, some were told that you had to stay multiple nights to trigger the offer, some were told bonus points from the GGWU events would not be doubled, etc..

I suspect that this offer isn't generating the additional GGWU cash-in event traffic that they thought it would when they sent it out. Instead it's probably just the same people who were probably going to come anyway instead now this is going to give those people twice as many points.

AS OF 5PM SUNDAY: Caesars managers say the requirement about booking reservations by September 15th WAS AN ERROR. They say there never was such a requirement. They cannot explain how the error appeared on the Total Rewards website.

I updated the article on my website.

They also maintain that they will be able to go thru hotel records and play records and double the GGWU points as promised and post them by October 30th prior to the first GGWU at Paris.

Thread Information