Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
On my last trip to Caesars, from room service I ordered bacon as a topping for my cheeseburger. The basic burger was one price, cheese was extra and bacon was extra.

The burger arrived without the bacon. I was going to call to room service to ask for a credit but somehow I forgot to do it.

The bacon was $3. They add an automatic tip on top of that. They add an automatic delivery charge on top of that. The missing bacon probably cost me $4.

This wasn't comped, and because I don't earn that much in comps I had to pay that with my credit card.

Honestly, I shouldn't have let it slip but I did. And I am not ashamed to say I wanted a refund on my four bucks.
I deal with contracts, one error can lead to thousands of dollars of mistakes. I tend to read everything very carefully and correct errors when I find them. The amount doesn't matter, to me it's more a matter of attention to detail. Bills and restaurant checks are no more than short term contracts, they should be correct, but mistakes happen.