Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Five Reasons Rob's Home Isn't His House

With apologies to David Letterman.

5. CIA doesn't want anyone to figure out where Rob lives. He's a national asset.

4. Rob posted photos of the wrong home. Rob actually bought two, no, make that three homes. His name's not on any of them, but that's so ISIS can't track him down.

3. The photos we've seen are of the inside of the storage locker. It's a big locker.

2. Rob's "home" is actually Dr. Who's old tardis. It looks like 2500 square feet on the outside, but inside...hoo boy!!!

1. Bob Dancer was the realtor who sold Rob the house. Dancer counts cash back, free meals, and cruises towards video poker return. Well, garages and basements count towards square footage. And who said you can't count the roof if you put a carpet and a lounge chair up there? Plus, a depressed floorboard adds another "level."
    Last edited by redietz; 03-06-2016 at 10:17 AM.

That's some funny shit right there....my compliments

Why can't you let this go? I can't figure out why you guys have your panties in such a bunch over some old guy drawing a pension and social security, who is crammed into a in a postage stamp size lot in the desert. It's California average at best, I sold a home six months ago and pocketed more than his house is worth. Or maybe I didn't, this is the internet after all.

It's not funny anymore.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    crammed into a in a postage stamp size lot in the desert.
    With all due respect, the homes in many retirement communities are often built very close together.

That type of development keeps property taxes, and property maintenance costs, lower.

That's important when you are on a fixed income, no need to spend more money on taxes,
    or maintenance on a big yard that you're not going to use.

Not sure if Singer's neighborhood is age-restricted, but I understand why
    smaller lots are preferred by many senior citizens.

I doubt most consider it hell to live close to their neighbors, they might even enjoy the company,
    I know that my parents do.
    Last edited by coach belly; 03-10-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Having neighbors is one thing. Having them an arms length away is another.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    Why can't you let this go? I can't figure out why you guys have your panties in such a bunch over some old guy drawing a pension and social security, who is crammed into a in a postage stamp size lot in the desert. It's California average at best, I sold a home six months ago and pocketed more than his house is worth. Or maybe I didn't, this is the internet after all.
    Excellent points James

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    It's not funny anymore.
    Oh come on,it's a little funny

Originally Posted by BiloxiBill View Post
    Oh come on,it's a little funny
    I, for one, don't think it is funny. It is just juvenile. The forum is a place to share stories, information, ect about las vegas and gambling in general. Instead, it looks like the "cool" kids in middle school making fun of another.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Having neighbors is one thing. Having them an arms length away is another.
    What's the difference if you're indoors?

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    With all due respect, the homes in many retirement communities are often built very close together.

That type of development keeps property taxes, and property maintenance costs, lower.

That's important when you are on a fixed income, no need to spend more money on taxes,
    or maintenance on a big yard that you're not going to use.

Not sure if Singer's neighborhood is age-restricted, but I understand why
    smaller lots are preferred by many senior citizens.

I doubt most consider it hell to live close to their neighbors, they might even enjoy the company,
    I know that my parents do.
    Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad your parents are happy.

I am planning to retire in Vegas (in part because I will never retire and need to be within commuting distance of LA). When I do move there it will be a townhouse or a condo. I want nothing to do with outside maintenance. I have no objection at all to living in a multi-family building and those of us who grew up in the New York area are used to it. Different people have different tastes.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    What's the difference if you're indoors?
    When their house catches on fire, you'll find out.

Alan, what is a "multi-family" building? Only thing I can think of / relate to that would be when you see a bunch of Mexicans living in the same house, but there's a bed-sheet dividing the two sides of the house. Another tell is there are 4-5 broken down cars in the front yard, several are parked on the grass. Seems like there's always an extra tire or two laying out there, too, for some reason.

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    Alan, what is a "multi-family" building? Only thing I can think of / relate to that would be when you see a bunch of Mexicans living in the same house, but there's a bed-sheet dividing the two sides of the house. Another tell is there are 4-5 broken down cars in the front yard, several are parked on the grass. Seems like there's always an extra tire or two laying out there, too, for some reason.
    I will overlook the racist overtones of your comment. A multi family building can be an apartment building, a condominium, a townhouse development, or so forth. Some might be high-rises, some might be multi-unit attached homes.

I prefer living in an apartment. I'm good with a 12 by 12 room as long as it's near a library and a gym. I have, as I told Rob, lived in a trailer park.

My poking Rob on this has to do with his weird fixation on where he lives or if he's married as some evidence from God that he wins at video poker and lives a righteous life. His income, his marital status, what he drives -- none of that affects his strategies' effectiveness or lack thereof. I don't know why he posted the photos of his abode in the first place. Rob initiated all of this.

This conversation started as a joke, then a person took it to the extreme. I find it comical that anyone truly cares where this person lives. I now see why ownership changed hands, the former owner appears to be a pompous knucklehead.

This is no joke HardEight. This forum is out of control and that's why the ownership changed hands.

You were in charge when that guy started his home photo subject matter, why did you allow it to continue? You are passing the buck.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    This is no joke HardEight. This forum is out of control and that's why the ownership changed hands.

Originally Posted by HardEight View Post
    You were in charge when that guy started his home photo subject matter, why did you allow it to continue? You are passing the buck.
    Actually it started a long long time ago. Rob posting photos followed several years of accusations about size and ownership of his home or homes. You are a late-comer to the party.

When I owned this forum I didn't know how to stop it because it was impossible to know who threw the first stone. What started as a battle between Arcimede$ and Singer spread to include all sorts of newcomers and visitors from the Wizard's site.

I pleaded for them to be a grown-up and take the high road by being the first to stop. No one took the high road. THAT IS THE UNDENIABLE TRUTH.

Thread Information