Thread: What is a Hack?

Rob referred to me as a "hack" in another thread. I have just one problem responding -- I'm not sure what it means.

So I checked the Oxford Dictionary -- no luck. Various urban dictionaries and dictionaries of slang gave conflicting definitions. One definition is a professional who does crappy work. Well, that can't be me -- I never said I was a professional. The other definition is someone who finds novel and unique ways to solve problems. Okay, that one I liked.

So, I put it out there? Am I a "hack?" And if I am, is there a dress code? Do hacks drive RVs or Lamborghinis? Do I need to join a union?

Any answers would be appreciated.
    Last edited by redietz; 03-09-2016 at 06:25 PM.

The word hack has multiple meanings, to be truthful I wouldn't listen to one word Rob tells you or anyone else. He is a psychiatrist's dream client.

Origin of hack
    Middle English hakken, from Old English -haccian; akin to Old High German hacchōn to hack, Old English hōc hook

You're a hack redietz. That simply means you post nothing pertaining to any of the gambling prowesses you go around claiming to be an expert at, and you spend most of your energy fighting with yourself over how to get a good shot in at me--which you have never been successful at.

So when you add that all up, it spells Hack. I still don't believe you do anything more than a bus driver does.

Rob, I didn't see that one in either the Oxford or the urban dictionary. If you have a source, please share it. I'm always looking to improve my vocabulary.

If I posted stuff regarding "gambling prowesses" -- and I'm gonna have to check on whether that's a legit plural -- I'd be self-promoting. And we both hate self promoting, right?

P.S. I always wanted to be a bus driver.
    Last edited by redietz; 03-09-2016 at 06:47 PM.

I thought it was a taxi driver in New York City?

How can someone hiding under an anonymous handle ever self-promote? Like you've shown many times over, the only thing you talk about doing is playing 25c vp. The big game you blab about is nothing more than all the nonsense LSH keeps creating under his numerous aliases.

You came here for one reason--the same reason arci, eddie, spock, mickeycrimm, and a few more came here: because I was here, simply because I bother them with my vp, life, & family successes. And every one of them, except maybe for arci, are nothing but hacks. 2+2=4 red. You are a Hack.

That's what we called them. But that was 20 years ago, and maybe it's out of style. I just read that "Hack" is also a term for a prison guard.

Rob, are you saying your anonymous handle means you don't self promote?
    Last edited by redietz; 03-09-2016 at 07:29 PM.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    You came here for one reason--the same reason arci, eddie, spock, mickeycrimm, and a few more came here: because I was here...2+2=4 red. You are a Hack.
    Undeniable truth.

Thread Information