Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Rob's Strategies -- Science or Religion?

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    You would probably start out at quarters- but I assure you you won't stay there. You will probably wish you had tried it sooner.
    Here's the problem with 25-cent video poker: except for Pechanga I won't find anything that approaches full pay. Yes, I think Pechanga has various full pay games at 25-cents.

I won't play less than full pay. Which is why I only play 8/5 Bonus at Caesars at $5 and up (rare exceptions have been made).

If I am not playing full pay 8/5 Bonus I could be playing craps where I think it is possible to be way ahead with the Small, Tall, All bets.

Q
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Here's the problem with 25-cent video poker: except for Pechanga I won't find anything that approaches full pay. Yes, I think Pechanga has various full pay games at 25-cents.

I won't play less than full pay. Which is why I only play 8/5 Bonus at Caesars at $5 and up (rare exceptions have been made).

If I am not playing full pay 8/5 Bonus I could be playing craps where I think it is possible to be way ahead with the Small, Tall, All bets.
    This was considering the SPS, there are others. But I'm officially outta this 'cause I don't foresee anything happening. I don't see my having any value on this forum.

Are you also accusing Gaming Today and it's editors and owners of publishing false information?

There are many reasons why someone would not live in a big house and I'm not sure he was evicted. Was he? Post a screen shot.

Frankly Arc your tax returns are nothing to be proud of. Nor do they prove what a great player you are.
    Alan, I enjoy Gaming Today, but nobody is going to confuse it with the New York Times. I don't know if you've ever read the thing, but I have for 30-some years.

Any publication that ran a Keno Lil column for years, a column featuring deadpan serious advice on how to win at Keno, should be taken with the proverbial shaker of salt. The fact they don't publish Rob anymore is actually a rather shocking indictment. If Keno Lil can make the grade, what is it about The Undeniable Truth that was so out there that it was vetoed?

Food for thought, my friend.

Honestly, Alan, the current publisher would probably talk to you regarding Rob and his exit. You have the profile to get whatever information you want.

I am more interested in your constant attacks of Rob, redietz. It appears to me that 95% of your posts are nothing but attacks against Rob.

Food for thought.

I am more interested in your constant attacks of Rob, redietz. It appears to me that 95% of your posts are nothing but attacks against Rob.

Food for thought.
    I did a google search on Singer/Arci (yes they are joined at the hip on google) and found they have been at this for years, going on its second decade. Tens of thousands of posts all saying essentially the same thing. Challenges, debates, bets, claims, counter-claims, insults on forum after forum, dragging people in along the way. It seems there is a symbiotic relationship at work here, the principal members deriving some strange satisfaction from the exchanges. Damned if I can figure out the point of the whole thing.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    I did a google search on Singer/Arci (yes they are joined at the hip on google) and found they have been at this for years, going on its second decade. Tens of thousands of posts all saying essentially the same thing. Challenges, debates, bets, claims, counter-claims, insults on forum after forum, dragging people in along the way. It seems there is a symbiotic relationship at work here, the principal members deriving some strange satisfaction from the exchanges. Damned if I can figure out the point of the whole thing.
    Sunshine Rob has a way of bringing out the best in people. It's a gift.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Food for thought.
    I would be more than happy to ignore Rob if he simply put his accomplishments and strategies in past tense with no claims that what worked for him will work for people who follow his instructions going forward.

It's that aspect that gets into the realms of fraud. One simply can't say, "This worked for me; it will work for you," unless it WILL work. If Rob wants to say, "This worked for me; it MAY work for you," more power to him.

If someone offers to become an authority figure in an active way in your life, then you need only ask him/her for a resume. Real resumes should have plenty of worthy references. Check out the references. A few simple phone calls to the institutions/institutes listed.

How do most people lose sight of this? If you're not an employer, then an you're employed. Right? Yet so many "decades" of miscommunication later,... .

If you still believe that Rob, the Wizard, or anyone other than Alan is going to post a simple resume here - something quick, easy, unobtrusive, and the least expected - then I have some swamp land on the moon for sale. Alan isn't even trying to promote something.

(Shackleford worked a piecemeal slot machine analyst job which he openly admitting to hating, for years, and now claims he's some sort of special actuary and mathematician. He taught a mickey mouse gambling-101 course for a semester or two, and suddenly he's an adjunct professor of some sort. He couldn't leave out the 'adjunct', untenured or bottom rung sympathy try-out part because that would be too big a stretch. Someone might call the UNLV (of all places) about it. Nevada has the worst education system of all the states.)

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I would be more than happy to ignore Rob
    You could just ignore him now.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I would be more than happy to ignore Rob if he simply put his accomplishments and strategies in past tense with no claims that what worked for him will work for people who follow his instructions going forward.

It's that aspect that gets into the realms of fraud. One simply can't say, "This worked for me; it will work for you," unless it WILL work. If Rob wants to say, "This worked for me; it MAY work for you," more power to him.
    So all these years of chasing the phantom have just been out of a sense of civic duty? My suggestion is to let it go. There are people making outlandish claims all over the internet, I don't lose sleep over any of them.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    So all these years of chasing the phantom have just been out of a sense of civic duty?
    Remember, redietz has told us of his investigating talents learned from police. He must be on to something.

We didn't do our trip--something came up at the last minute 2 nights ago so we'll try again next week. Good thing for redietz though. I'm now here to help him wiggle out of his dilemma over my challenge.

While it's understandable he's focusing on the 85%+ aspect as a way out of the whole thing, he has yet to answer why he can't go with the $10k/$12.5k minimum profiting in 4/5 sessions? Is he finally capitulating to the fact that there just MAY be one or more of something called a "huge winner" or a losing session just may not be THAT big, over the 4 or 5 sessions?

As he conjures up an answer to that, let's address his Gaming Today criticisms. First, no one who understands what's going on in the real world reads or respects the NY Times anymore. And while he always tries so hard to give the perception that the GT Publisher fired me for lying or whatever he's asserting, I left after nearly 8 years because the owner who sought me out after firing Dancer & Skip Hughes died, and his wife only wanted me to write about my strategies and not keep posting trip reports and undressing vp "AP's" every week with logic--which her husband LOVED. I was told that if I wanted to keep my column going I had to do it her way. I chose not to and stopped sending in articles. And unlike Elliott Fromm, Dancer, Skip Hughes and every one of the GT gambling "experts" over the years, I was offered pay and never took a penny. I told Chuck DiRocco from the beginning that if a writer actually WON money from the game they played, there was no reason to need pay also. He agreed with me that those who were paid did not win, and it is such an obvious observation. The BS about them "only wanting" a little more income "on the side" is cover for failure. You people actually think Dancer wins anything? And the only book author aside from myself who I believe does not lose is Frank Kneeland....but he never lost because he never played with his own money. The rest of them are as transparent as cheap cheesecloth.

Red, if you have an issue with my telling others "they will win---just play my way!" then you never read with any sort of understanding. I have always explained what I've done to be successful, and I believe that if anyone else wanted to learn what I've done exactly the way I do it, then there's a real good chance they'll experience what I have. Unlike the other "experts" I don't sell strategy, I train and advise always at no charge, and I've offered to prove I win at the machines many times. Have any of them? Or do they simply say "play +EV and you'll win/play -EV and you'll lose"---and such simplicity quenches your thirst for "proof"? Theory proves nothing, which everyone knows. Please wise up.

Keno Lil was written by David Stratton's (GT's Managing Editor for all the years I wrote for them but he's retired now) wife. He published that column because they had no real keno "expert" (like mickeycrimm--bwahahahahahaha) so he got her to do it. We never knew if any of it was for fun or what.

BTW we went to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phx. yesterday. I don't imagine a place like that would be very interesting to most of you because it doesn't have any vp machines or BJ tables. But we walked around and took it all in for over 3 hours and it was kind of unbelievable. Get there if you can.

For this ridiculous subject matter being on page 7 currently makes this forum totally useless. Rob and Alan are just two lonely people that thrive on attention. More so Alan who is an alleged big time advertising guy, yet he spends 6-8 hours a day on here.
    Whatever, I've moved on

Remember, redietz has told us of his investigating talents learned from police. He must be on to something.
    Neither is away from a keyboard too long, so I guess they need each other. There are people still investigating Bigfoot. I say, let the the saga continue.

Originally Posted by HardEight View Post
    For this ridiculous subject matter being on page 7 currently makes this forum totally useless. Rob and Alan are just two lonely people that thrive on attention. More so Alan who is an alleged big time advertising guy, yet he spends 6-8 hours a day on here.
    Whatever, I've moved on
    Such a loss, so long.

Alan is paraphrasing and presenting the paraphrase as something factual. Tsk, tsk. I never said anything about learning from "police." Check the quotes, Alan. You're a journalist, presumably. Oh, right. You probably checked the quotes and saw nothing of the kind, therefore the paraphrase to get a response. Good one, Alan.

Redietz I don't really give a flying fuck.

Alan who is an alleged big time advertising guy, yet he spends 6-8 hours a day on here.
    Hasn't the internet become the biggest form of advertising?

Whatever, I've moved on.
    The pattern. The few persons with real lives get endlessly dissed by the gambling-first crowd, who have no resumes and defining stories of their own. Things which can't be taken away or sullied. Alan is depicted as the "just can't get it" voodoo master loser in some vain attempt to lift the real losers' helpless collective view of themselves.

A bit fitting that Alan's forum is also my last forum of interest. In a real view of gambling and its addictive tendencies, across the internet. Nothing left to see, I guess. Diogenes of Sinope.

Looking back, I'm glad that I didn't come across this place seven years ago. Would have spoiled the journey.

This is an endless journey Bill Yung. I found the forum several years ago when I was trying to explain to a friend of mine about this Singer guy whose articles I used to read in Gaming Today. I could no longer find his website and googled up this forum. I got hooked by the same Arci-Singer fight that is still going on to this day.

Should just put them in a cage match and end it.

Redietz I don't really give a flying fuck.

Thread Information