Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: bias on wizard of vegas

dishonest admin at GF now says that you have to write 300 posts AND invite 1 person to get PMs
    wtf????? is his little forum suffering that bad?? lol...........

and does anybody really expect the doofus GF admin to pay them $1500 if they win that stupid litle contest???????
    if so i've got a bridge to seel you in brooklyn......

Love Potion -- I don't know if GamblingForums kept it public, but there is a thread going after them for their criteria for pms and MLM recruitment style. I think I made some good points. Let me know what you think. I'm done with the site. I don't believe much coming out of admin's keyboard.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Love Potion -- I don't know if GamblingForums kept it public, but there is a thread going after them for their criteria for pms and MLM recruitment style. I think I made some good points. Let me know what you think. I'm done with the site. I don't believe much coming out of admin's keyboard.
    You made some great points on GF and the idiot GF admin's response was just what I expected from him..........
    I don't buy his "honest mistake" BS. the guy has no problem expressing himself at lenght in other posts
    hmm.....................

also if Kewlj is reading this he is mistaken. Kewlj said that he can invite his business partner or his brother to join
    sorry kewlj but that won't work.........
    your brother and partner both have the same IP as you do and the idiot GF admin already has in place another idiotic rule: one member = one IP

2 members cannot have the same IP otherwise they will be considered multiple accounts. the idiot GF admin has already stated that......
    another ridiculous policy

Silly issues to drive silly discussions. Avatars, etc, or no avatars, etc. Lol. Posters oughtn't have to also build a forum, itself. Beyond this, ban people, or let them post freely.

That site will go the way of every one of its predecessors. On and off unexpectedly for a month a couple of times; then, a year or two later, poof.

I hope Dan lets us know of any earth-shattering changes in the works here.

GF's has changed direction another 180 degrees. All threads which contain any sort of insult have been moved to the general Lounge. No more off-topic Lounge for stuff which the Admin didn't like. All the regulars are on the way out. Typical BF's garbage, though it seems to become more and more pronounce with Emilio. Nut job.
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

thanks for update I just went over there and laughed at Michael Emilo's stupidity lol
    I knew something like this would happen. after he banned using vpns I knew more was in store but the users over there didn't care about their neighbor
    now they care..................and I'm getting a kick out of it.......

I wouldn't be surprised if emilio was in cahoots with Wov on this
    maybe thats why he was so desperate to find out everyone's real IP address............
    he and Jabba the Whale were probably comparing IPs side by side

GF sucked to begin with and now the idiot GF admin has put the nail in the coffin.........
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally Posted by LovePotion View Post
    GF sucked to begin with and now the idiot GF admin has put the nail in the coffin.........
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Two or three posts today. I give it another few months, it will go down for a month, come back for another year, and finally disappear. Just like BF's. (You can't warn people, though, least not the gamblers, who post nothing about gambling, anyway.)

Looks like "popular gambling" is just about dead. I wonder about the real formula for gambling longevity? Likely, it's finding a way to incorporate it into something of value. Not even the early Greek mathematicians were able to do that.
    78255585899=317*13723*17989=(310+7)*[(13730-7)*(100*100+7979+10)]-->LOVE avatar@137_371_179_791, or 137_371_17[3^2]_7[3^2]1, 1=V-->Ace, low. 78255585899-->99858555287=(99858555288-1)=[-1+(72*2227)*(722777-100000)]={-1+(72*2227)*[(2000+700777+20000)-100000]}-->1_722_227_277_772_1. 7×8×2×5×5×5×8×5×8×9×9=362880000=(1000000000-6√97020000-100000)-->169_721. (7/8×2/5×5/5×8/5×8/9×9)={[(-.1+.9)]^2×(6+1)}-->1961=√4*2.24; (1/7×8/2×5/5×5/8×5/8×9/9)={1/[7×(-.2+1)^2]}-->1721=[(10*10/4)/(√4+110)].

Looks like also Crimm cleared out. Larry's still going at it. A couple of real internet losers. Lol.

Holy crapitis........ the admin made another decree. The guy is certifiable. WTFC.

Admin
    Administrator
    Admin
    We have not started enforcing this rule yet, but there are a lot of misconceptions about it that we need to clear up before we start enforcing it. We've tried to address all of them below, but if we missed any, please let us know and we'll address it.

LarryS said: ↑
    Now you are seeing the impossibility of having eXceptions.
    Do I need to research if someone is a member and also if someone has posted over the last 30 days?
    You would not need to research it. It would be up to us to enforce the rules based on this criteria. If the criteria were met, we'd simply move your post to the designated section. Or, of course, you will have the option of not insulting those you may think may be active members to avoid having your posts moved. Considering most insults here happen between active members, this is an easy one.

So if for example shakleford. wanted comments about him to end....He just signs up and once a month posts a comment on the roulette board.or the favorite movie thread.
    Correct and our community would gain an active member. If this criteria is abused, then we'll simply make it stricter.

How do I know if Donald Trump is enrolled as a member. Do members have to give their real nanes?
    Considering he's a public figure, if The Donald signs up without using his real name and without confirming who he is, then the insults about him could continue since we would have no confirmation that he's a member. If he were to confirm to us he were a member, then we would let you know when we moved your new insults about him to the new designated section.

I can give a cogent argument along with documented quotes that kj is a hypocrite by using your site for months to present his case...
    That's fine. Feel free to correct members with supporting evidence without insulting them. Insults are completely superfluous to a discussion. A cogent argument about how a member is a hypocrite that points to their conflicting statements/behavior is not an insult.

A trickier one is calling someone "scammer". Just blurting out "You're a scammer!" will be considered an insult, but we won't consider something like "You're a scammer because you are trying to sell a Keno System that does not overcome the house edge since [evidence]..." as an insult because it's a characterization supported by evidence that may protect our members, and the target will have the opportunity to refute the evidence.

including using his share of insults while refusing to recommend this site to his fellow aps/. Because of his distaste for insults.However I would be insulting kj by doing that.
    Members won't be the judges of whether they've been insulted. We will. So it won't matter what a member "feels". If you respectfully point out a member is a hypocrite with supporting evidence, and they have the opportunity to refute it, all in a respectful exchange without lobbing insults, then that's fine. However, if this happens in a thread that has nothing to do with the member, then this exchange may be moved to the Off-topic Section.

or.
    You have a poster like wizard of nothing who will just post...you fuck your father in the ass.
    it's going to have to be all or nothing....my insult although cogent ....is going to be grouped with the 'you bang your 12 year old sister"insult.
    The world is not black and white. "You fuck your father in the ass" is an insult. "You bang your 12 year old sister" is an insult. Calling someone a "hypocrite" and supporting that characterization is not an insult.

because you as the admin can't get involved in judging which insults are valid or well prepared.
    An insult is an insult. An insult isn't someone saying something another member doesn't like. At the end of the day, we aren't deleting the posts, so we may choose to err on the side of caution and move posts we judge as being "insulting" to the new designated section. This will also give us the opportunity to "undo" such a move if we make a mistake or change our minds.

Be ready to get massive reports of posts.
    People who were the victim of an insult...no matter how minor...and people insulted seeing one of the people they like get insulted.like you said...insults no natter how slight will not be tolerated in the general population of posts.th at is a high standard and it will keep you busy.
    and lastly.....and most importantly......The appearance factor you want to clean up. I totally understand. However when a newbie to the site enters and sees insults....do you think they have a scorecard so they can know that the people being insulted are people that fall into an insultable. category?
    It all looks the same to a newbie.

Get ready for the "I am not fat but I am insulted that fat people were mocked"
    sarcasm can be insulting...do you really want to get involved with monitoring that?
    Again, it's not about how members "feel". It's about whether the insult was directed at them, directly or indirectly. A thread mocking fat people will be tolerated, but if in that thread, that mocking starts getting directed at an active member, then that's where we will draw the line. If our site becomes flooded with more non-gambling related thread that mock folks than actual gambling-related discussions, then we may create a new non-public sub-forum of the Lounge for such discussions so that they don't clutter the rest of the site. We'll play it by ear based on how the site evolves as we've been doing from the start.

Admin
    regarding"
    Any post containing an insult, even an indirect insult, will get moved here to avoid starting flame wars that derail threads."

are you willing to put an end to "spirited" debate? And just have monotone exchanges?
    No, not at all, because one doesn't need to insult someone to have a spirited debate. Again, insults are completely superfluous to any debate and add nothing to a discussion.

example
    A "FOUNDING MEMBER" John Smith writes a book on dice influencing. And there is a lively ongoing exchange.
    I post:
    John, I dont know if you really believe what you just posted, or you just want to get interest in your upcoming seminar.

Now the above is an insult in the climate of a lively ongoing exchange.It implies his motives are unclean...that he is "shady"....its sort of an indirect insult...just as your rule above states.
    No, that's not an insult, not even an indirect one. Raising a question about someones motives is not an insult.

then wizofnothing chimes in

You fuck your mother 3 times a day.
    That's an insult.

Now....2 extremes....and there are plenty of gradations in between.

a direct and indirect insult...and they both get thrown together in a bin......where as you read them in the new setting, they make no sense.
    We're including "indirect insults" to give us more leeway in terms of being able to move insulting posts from disruptive users who may attempt creative ways of insulting members without doing so "directly". It's to preempt what happened with the Off-topic Posts getting moved to the Off-topic section, where members started including an on-topic sentence before going on an off-topic rant to try and avoid having their posts moved.

so get ready for an all or nothing rule...because you cannot be serious if you are going to allow some and not others.
    Again, we will be judges of what is an "insult". Sure, we'll take flak for it as folks will disagree with us, but we don't know of a single forum community where the Admin team doesn't receive flak for decisions they make. In our case, that flak should be minimal since we won't be deleting posts, closing threads, or banning members.

the downside....spirited debates go away....or at least become less "spirited".
    If "less spirited" means less "fuck yous", then we believe the quality of discussions will go up. That's a good thing. But this new rule does not mean members cannot point out the flaws in other members' arguments as long as they do so respectfully.

At the end of the day, it's impossible to set a hard and fast rule that covers all insults that would be acted upon, and we may have to course-correct as we move forward and unexpected incidences arise, but since we won't be disciplining users nor deleting posts, we aren't too concerned with having to make those judgement calls.

If folks want to completely eliminate the risk of having their posts moved, then we suggest debating a member's ideas, instead of a member's personal qualities.
    I generally agree.If you own a mom and pop supermarket.....and everyday a homeless person comes in with the money he collected for the day to buy food.....but the guy smells so bad, you can smell him throughout the store, and customers leave immediately because of him...you as manager have the right to ban him from the store...especially if you give him fair warning that its going to happen if things dont change. As long as you dont ban him based on protected race, religion, gender etc. You dont need to take a survey.....just remove him from the store.
    We prefer to make room for them and move them to our shower room so they can clean up.

So here we are....the board was going just fine......
    We disagree that the board was going "just fine". Most discussion are not gambling-related, the most popular thread is full of insults, and Advantage Players don't feel like endorsing us. That's not the vision we had in mind for GamblingForums.com.

and then we have people with repeated antisemetic and or vulgar postings. Not even with cogent commentary attached.....just vulgarities. THIS is what has to be cleaned up. You know "you fuck your father in the ass" as the sole comment....
    If those vulgarities are directed at an active member, then we'll move them to the new designated section. If those aren't directed at active members and are of an off-topic nature, then they'll be moved to the Off-topic Section.

is much different than referring to someone as a "manboy" in the context of a well though out argument for change that has a beginning middle and end.
    Calling an active member a "manboy" is insulting. Few can argue with that. But if the target is not an active member, then no action will be taken.

I think the separate mirrored thread where the admin put these posts or the xxxx vs yyyy.....worked for a while, but then I think the admin got tired of it....because if you look at "wov is dying" thread..its filled with "you fuck your father" type posts from WON.
    This was indeed making a difference in terms of keeping those threads clean, so we will be taking swifter and more aggressive action once we enforce this rule. If a member is continuously being disruptive and forcing us to work overtime, then we will hand out sanctions to get them to stop so we can focus on more productive areas of the site.

So if the admin doesnt want to have to keep up with this vulgarity segregation......he can make a rule that even the slightest insult is not allowed and thereby squash lively conversation. Or he can take care of the 3 people like the business owner took care of the smelly homeless man.
    Those aren't the only two solutions. As explained above, we would simply be moving actual insults to the special designated section so that no one has to get banned and our site and threads don't get filled up with vulgarities that derail threads and discussions.

its funny how WON can play the admin. He comes here and posts nothing but profanities......and instead of getting tossed..he helps cause a change in rules for everyone.
    It's not a change of rules since that rule has been here from the beginning, we just weren't enforcing it.
    freddy said: ↑
    The admins are in a tough spot in a way. I'm sure that when they said uncensored that they never dreamed of what we have now.
    Correct.

If they do take action they will hear people say see I told you so. If they don't take action new members will be reluctant to join.
    What folks say about us has little sway on our actions. We always try to keep the "big picture" in mind and what's best for our community as a whole. We've already been accused (falsely) of just about everything in the book, yet it has not had a single effect on our actions as those who have made such accusations are well aware.

Whatever the admins decide...good luck. Their decision won't please everyone.
    We're fine with that as long as it helps grow our community and make it more productive and appealing to gamblers everywhere.

Folks, at the end of the day, nothing is set in stone and we're happy to course-correct as needed along the way until we have a formula that works in terms of making us the most influential gambling community in the world that is truly independent, comprehensive, and uncensored. We won't compromise our founding principles for anyone or any interests. We just want to create the best gambling community the world has ever seen.

Any other final thoughts before we start enforcing our Rule #1 again?

I don't think anyone here gives a shit about the goings on over there.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    I don't think anyone here gives a shit about the goings on over there.
    How about the Rob Singer thread? https://www.gamblingforums.com/threa...e-2#post-20448
    Mickey couldn't take the heat here (from Singer), so he went over there.

Originally Posted by Bill Yung View Post
    Looks like also Crimm cleared out. Larry's still going at it. A couple of real internet losers. Lol.
    I hope Crimm comes back here. The entertainment value of Singer ripping apart a drunk Crimm never gets old.

thanks for bringing my attention to the neww changes at GF...........it's hilarious watching Michael Emilio implode. what a loser.....lol!
    I serously wouldn't be suprised if he is in cahoots with WoV. or maybe he is in cahoots with no balls nate/norm/qfit. nothing would shock me at this point

the idiot members on GF should have seen the writing on the wall
    redietz was smart enough to leave the sinking GF ship. too bad the everyone else wasn't

and what the hell is kewlj talking about multiple accounts???

the WoV discussion sstarted when Larry wrote a post about something and then someone else chimed in and went off topic and brought up WoV. then I entered after it was already off topic and Larry and I were talking about WoV. then the admin broke off those messages and gave it its own thread "WOV is dying". freddy joined in a couple months later. then it kind of took off from there...........

does kewlj really think I'm Larry or freddy????????? if so, he's dumber than I thought smh

also I just remembered this jewel from Wov. Its about Michael Shackleford aka Steve Urkel making a recommedation about where to go for "happy endings" lol!!

http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-t...gh/#post114408

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    I hope Crimm comes back here. The entertainment value of Singer ripping apart a drunk Crimm never gets old.
    For every fungus, there is a mold. (How antibiotics are made. Natural molds kill a lot of stuff; fungi kill the molds; something to kill the fungi, etc?)

... and what the hell is kewlj talking about multiple accounts???
    KJ should get a job writing soaps, like the Young and Restless. At least it would be real fiction.

Michael Shackleford aka Steve Urkel making a recommedation about where to go for "happy endings" lol!!
    Don't open a gambling forum.

Reminds me of Crimm's latest 1-watt radio rant from the other side of the mountain.

"i Just got back from the bar. My only chance to get layed tonite was with some crazy whacked out native chick who was chanting rituals to me. I had to pass on the situation. That girl was fuckin' nuts. All the young dudes ran off with the quality pussy and left me standing there with that nut chick. I'm really tired of all you young bucks hauling ass with all the good pussy.....and you leave me standing there with all the mud ugly fence chicks. Look, you young fuckin' young bucks. I'm the old bull. You better leave me at least one cute chick on the barstool at closing time. You, got it, raghead?" https://www.gamblingforums.com/threa...140#post-20481

What is a "fence chick?" I never heard that before, and I'm pretty old. I'll ask Mickey at GF.

Mickey reports that it is from an old southern saying, "As ugly as a mud fence." That makes sense. Plus if you have a mud fence, it implies you're poor, so a double whammy.

check out this video of Michael Shackleford aka Steve Urkel
    watch his Urkel like reaction at 2:15 when the woman talks about the rack for her chips lol

Urkel's nervous laugh is so creepy........

omg Kewlj just referred to Mike Shackleford aka Steve Urkel as a "womanizer"
    uh Kewlj do you even know what a "womanizer" is???????

womanizers don't complain that they are terrible with women
    womanizers don't creep women out
    womanizers don't need to use prostitutes

womanizers actually GET women!!!

jesus christ Kewlj are you gonna be calling Arnold Horshack a "womanizer" too?? smh

omg Big Bad Boz said he "stopped posting at GF"
    he'll be back guaranteed......

that's because Big Bad Boz's word means nothiing. isn't this the same Boz who swore he would never go back to Wov???

yep sure was! he returned to WoV like flies to a dung heap. smh

Big Bad Boz another WoV loser.............

Thread Information