Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Injured at Caesars Palace

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    When will the "Alan Mendelson High Limit Dice Pit" be completed and available to the public?
    I told him to just ask for a special $5 9/5 BP game that only he could play.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Alan, if I could make a suggestion, I would just stop talking. Personally, I think your losing a great deal of respect here both by the readers and Caesars if their tagging along.
    blackhole, if I could make a suggestion, learn the difference between your and you're and they're and their. Personally, I think you are losing a great deal of respect here by your poor grammar. I apologize if English is not your first language.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I just got off the phone with an official of Caesars Palace and all is resolved. We had a very warm, friendly and interesting discussion.
    A calm, rational resolution has been reached? Congratulations. Some here will be so disappointed.

I just got off the phone with an official of Caesars Palace and all is resolved. We had a very warm, friendly and interesting discussion.
    Happy to hear that all is resolved. I hope you did not take too much of their money so they don't have to further downgrade their VP paytables and 7 star benefits.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    A calm, rational resolution has been reached? Congratulations. Some here will be so disappointed.
    Exactly. A calm, rational resolution was reached. In fact, we'll be having lunch on my next visit. There was also an interesting discussion and exchange of information that will help all visitors to Caesars Palace in the future. Let me just add that they do care about the safety and convenience of their patrons.

Exactly. A calm, rational resolution was reached. In fact, we'll be having lunch on my next visit. There was also an interesting discussion and exchange of information that will help all visitors to Caesars Palace in the future. Let me just add that they do care about the safety and convenience of their patrons.
    Yeah Right

Final thought: I think Alan is relieved to have been able to report here that the issue has been amicably resolved, whether that's actually the case or not. (He may have been simply addressing blindspot's concern/advice). Yet after all the details, pics & videos etc. etc., is there a closing doc with the details of how/why this is ending?

Rob, as part of the deal I really tried to have you banned. LOL

Rob, as part of the deal I really tried to have you banned. LOL

Originally Posted by alan mendelson View Post
    rob, as part of the deal i really tried to have you banned. Lol
    lol

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    I was just responding to your nonsense. My mother sadly is dead, but what I meant by that comment is low IQ people which I could only assume you are, usually go to the sewer making comments like your mom has no idea who your dad is etc.etc. Similar to the Wizard of Nothing if you know who that fool is from other forums. (I think you do)

Of course your free to offer your priceless commentary, but don’t expect any more responses from me.

Stop derailing Alan's legal pursue here.
    One thing for sure, brokeassblackhole. Your momma damn sure knew your daddy. He was her brother.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Blackhole: you don't know me; you never talked to me; you never talked to my lawyer; I presume you never spoke to my doctors or did you speak with anyone from Caesars or even see their surveillance tape which shows me walking in that door. Yet you say you're "just calling it the way I saw it"?

In reality, you are imagining things and filling in the gaps of knowledge with what you think should be.
    Bump. Alan, did a pretty good job of explaining just what it is that brokeassblackhole does here. He runs his punk mouth about others without facts to back it up.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have thought about this situation since Alan first talked about it, and pictured what I would have done.

I am not one who files frivolous lawsuits or demands money for small injuries. As I pointed out, I was twice injured at Caesars properties since 2009, and asked for nothing both times.

However, I think I probably would have pursued something this time if I were injured by this fast-closing, sharp door.

There are two issues at play here:

1) The door has a sharp edge. That's a stupid design, and it's dangerous. I could stand in the way of any door at my home, let it close on me at a reasonable (or even somewhat fast) rate, and I would never get any cuts. It might hurt a bit, but it wouldn't slice through my skin. For Caesars to have a sharp door which the public frequently uses (often carrying luggage and trying to squeeze through) is irresponsible.

2) The door closed too fast. I was skeptical if this was really true (even after seeing the first video), but clearly Caesars agreed, as they slowed it down after Alan's injury.

Had this been me, I would have visited doctors, added up the out-of-pocket expenses beyond insurance coverage, and asked for whatever that was plus $2000.

I would have asked this directly of Risk Management, and then Caesars itself if Risk Management refused, noting that I would sign a liability waiver if they paid. If Caesars refused, I would have then taken it to an attorney.
    My goodness, a lot sure has changed in the last 3.5 years Dan regarding how you react to different situations. Nowadays while having dinner with the family you go ballistic if a steak is overcooked and demand justice in a voice so loud that the whole restaurant hears you. I can only imagine your reaction if you were injured in any kind of accident today.

Thread Information