Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Injured at Caesars Palace

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Just got a call from Caesars. I won't mention the caller's name but the caller was in dismay over how this was handled and said of the risk management people and CCMSI "they escalated it" and I got a few "wows."
    Alan, I just looked through the thread. I can only imagine they are stonewalling out of a fear of liability. The lower level people are probably sympathetic, but the upper echelon is probably saying "no contact and admit nothing". You may not be looking for a payday, but there are many out there that are, and even more lawyers ready to drop a lawsuit. Until we have some sort of tort reform, this is the norm from big corporations. Even doing the right thing can have consequences.

I related a story of a few years ago at Caesars when a wheel was broken off my luggage when delivered by the bellman. I won't rehash it, but each step of the way someone went out of their way to make me happy. They called me twice and I had a check in my hand for a new bag in a few weeks. There was no fear of a lawsuit or liability, they could afford to be nice.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    Alan, I just looked through the thread. I can only imagine they are stonewalling out of a fear of liability. The lower level people are probably sympathetic, but the upper echelon is probably saying "no contact and admit nothing". You may not be looking for a payday, but there are many out there that are, and even more lawyers ready to drop a lawsuit. Until we have some sort of tort reform, this is the norm from big corporations. Even doing the right thing can have consequences.

I related a story of a few years ago at Caesars when a wheel was broken off my luggage when delivered by the bellman. I won't rehash it, but each step of the way someone went out of their way to make me happy. They called me twice and I had a check in my hand for a new bag in a few weeks. There was no fear of a lawsuit or liability, they could afford to be nice.
    Exactly what I've been saying, too.

Same reason they coughed up the money for my vehicle damage in 2009. Again, there was no liability there beyond the $660 in damage to my parked car.

This is why I felt Alan shouldn't have gotten an attorney involved, but rather just approached them with a reasonable figure he was looking for, along with an offer to sign away further liability if they pay it.

They are probably concerned that admitting fault would open up a massive lawsuit, especially with Alan's various medical conditions which he could claim were worsened by this.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

New development: I got a response from Caesars. The Caesars rep said they can't talk to me because I am represented by an attorney.

Since it was never my intention to sue Caesars, I immediately had my attorney email the rep to say they are no longer representing me and if they have something to say they should discuss it with me directly.

I also replied to the rep saying I am no longer being represented by an attorney and it's just between Caesars and me.

This all happened Thursday, August 25th around mid-day.

Let's see what happens now.

I know nothing and am curious to see how this works.

For example, just because your (previous) attorney sends them a letter stating he's not representing you doesn't mean you do not have an attorney. Just because you write a letter saying you do not have an attorney, is that considered "proof" if it's not notarized or something? Interesting stuff.

Regnis? Anyone have any idea?

In a reasonable world, CET would take your letter and proclamation as good faith truth and proceed to reimburse you. They're going, however, to make you sign a waiver of liability, I'm assuming.

That's probably not a good thing to do in case your injuries result in a recurring infection or a resistance to the antibiotics used.

I say this, and I should have sued a few years back (but did not) when a "Doc in the Box" prescribed an antibiotic that could have killed me (and really messed me up). But I was just happy to be upright after the experience.

Anyway, good luck.

Here is the actual exchange between me and the Caesars rep (comments in reverse order) and in this exchange you can see that the Caesars rep said he would speak with me if indeed I was no longer represented by an attorney:

[----] Please enter your reply below this line [----]

I asked Mr. Koenig to email you directly. Then let's get this wrapped up.

[----] Please enter your reply above this line [----]

Answer 08/25/2016 02:51 PM
    Good Afternoon Mr. Mendelson:

Thank you for the quick response. If you could send a letter from your Attorney indicating he is no longer representing you, I would be more than happy to discuss this matter with you.

My email address is as follows:
    -------@harrahs.com

Thank you Sir. I look forward to speaking with you once the letter is received.

H------------
    Your Question 08/25/2016 01:47 PM
    I am no longer represented by Mr. Koenig. I am happy to send you whatever you need to show that. Now, it's just between you (Caesars Palace) and me. Alan Mendelson
    Prior Answer 08/25/2016 01:42 PM
    Good Afternoon Mr. Mendelson:

I apologize for the delay with my response. Unfortunately, you are represented by Legal Counsel which negates me from speaking with your regarding your injury.

Kind Regards,

H------------

This is my first post here and I’m certain I’ll be bashed for my opinion. But, I’ve been following Alan’s thread (among other threads) here about his injury and actions and eventually became so repulsed by it, I actually had to join and respond to it.

It has to be obvious based on his consistent wagering habits Alan makes a serious amount of money working at his TV job. It should also be obvious that he is a degenerate compulsive gambler. I know no one likes that title and will deny it to their death, but if you want to talk facts let’s face the facts. Besides, as long as he could afford his type of gambling habits, all is good. The only problem is if the income ever stops the shit usually hits the fan being unable to enjoy gambling at a much lower level. Hitting 100K royals with quarters can’t happen and 1K royals will feel like tip money. This is when everything goes into a tail spin.

I believe Alan’s only intention with this injury was to get some free play money. A compulsive gambler doesn’t want to invest in legal fees that have a good chance of ending up just being a negative expense. Those wasted fees might have cost him two maybe three royals.

I don’t believe he hired a lawyer. He probably had one of the lawyers he knows from work do him a favor and just send a letter on his behalf to pretend he was lawyering up. Notice how fast he had the alleged lawyer send a letter saying he no longer represents him when he heard they were willing to talk but couldn’t cause of lawyer.

He used this forum and his TV forum as tools for them to follow all the pain and suffering he was forced to live through, and all the bad press he’s willing to give them for not taking care of one of their high rollers.

Sadly as smart as he is he gave up how much of a degenerate he actually is through this thread. Anyone that had a case and a lawyer certainly wouldn’t be on a forum discussing it, and certainly wouldn’t ever say that regardless of the outcome and in so many words, I’ll still be willing if this marriage don’t work out, to marry my next wife there also. (maybe this time in front of a poker machine)

I also think, Caesars now realizes he’s just about the gamble and could probably get him to sign something that would release them of any future claims for like 5 or 10K in free play, just to get this annoying flea off their backs.

Did I nail it Alan?
    Last edited by blackhole; 08-27-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Alan, that is indeed good news. Here's hoping common sense wins out in the end.

Blackhole,

What exactly repulsed you about the thread? Have you ever opened those doors at Caesars? The rate at which the door closed was too fast. Those doors are heavy. They could mangle you much worse than Alan got if they catch you at the right angle and their pneumatics haven't been reloaded. I wince when I think of those doors slamming shut. They could really do some damage. That's on Caesars.

The asshole with the many aliases is back. Welcome back asshole. Or is it Alan's jealous "friend"?
    Last edited by james40; 08-27-2016 at 11:47 AM.

What repulsed me about the thread?

Alan sounds like the type of guy if you hit his car in the back; he’ll open his door leaving the car in drive and fall out making sure his own car runs over his legs just to get some free money.
    It’s people like this, Me, Myself and Alan who eventually make everyone else suffer. Serious negligent injury is one thing. Trying to make a cut sound like an eventual hand decapitation is pathetic. What’s even worse are all the people chiming in giving opinions on how to cautiously proceed.

My only guess is everyone here agrees with doing anything to get some gambling money refunded from the people who are banking their bets and are the ones who are actually taking it.
    For example look at this foolish comment made by James40 “Alan, that is indeed good news. Here's hoping common sense wins out in the end.” Sounds like an annoying drunk cheering in the stands during a game.

Blackhole,

All the subjective values and personality stuff aside, if the pneumatics haven't been refreshed, those doors can take your head off.

I'm not arguing with your values; I'm just telling you that those doors could slice a child's arm off if the pneumatics fail.

No argument about your point. The argument is not what the doors could do, it's what the doors did do.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post

Alan sounds like the type of guy if you hit his car in the back; he’ll open his door leaving the car in drive and fall out making sure his own car runs over his legs just to get some free money.
    It’s people like this, Me, Myself and Alan who eventually make everyone else suffer. Serious negligent injury is one thing. Trying to make a cut sound like an eventual hand decapitation is pathetic. What’s even worse are all the people chiming in giving opinions on how to cautiously proceed.

My only guess is everyone here agrees with doing anything to get some gambling money refunded from the people who are banking their bets and are the ones who are actually taking it.
    For example look at this foolish comment made by James40 “Alan, that is indeed good news. Here's hoping common sense wins out in the end.” Sounds like an annoying drunk cheering in the stands during a game.
    Nope, this sounds like the regular asshole coming back for another round.

What's the over/under on number of posts before the asshole turns anti-semitic?

james40 obviously can't have an adult conversation or except others opinions. His type of responses are obviously a sign of weakness and immaturity. Guys like this eventually will bring my mother into the conversation. There's just no telling where they'll end up. So far we got aliases, jealous friend, asshole, anti-semitic, already in just a matter of minutes.

james40 obviously can't have an adult conversation or except others opinions. His type of responses are obviously a sign of weakness and immaturity. Guys like this eventually will bring my mother into the conversation. There's just no telling where they'll end up. So far we got aliases, jealous friend, asshole, anti-semitic, already in just a matter of minutes.
    You ran off before and you'll run off again. Why do you bring your mother into the conversation? Back to your rock.

I was just responding to your nonsense. My mother sadly is dead, but what I meant by that comment is low IQ people which I could only assume you are, usually go to the sewer making comments like your mom has no idea who your dad is etc.etc. Similar to the Wizard of Nothing if you know who that fool is from other forums. (I think you do)

Of course your free to offer your priceless commentary, but don’t expect any more responses from me.

Stop derailing Alan's legal pursue here.

I was just responding to your nonsense. My mother sadly is dead, but what I meant by that comment is low IQ people which I could only assume you are, usually go to the sewer making comments like your mom has no idea who your dad is etc.etc. Similar to the Wizard of Nothing if you know who that fool is from other forums. (I think you do)

Of course your free to offer your priceless commentary, but don’t expect any more responses from me.

Stop derailing Alan's legal pursue here.
    I figured it was you back for another round. Back to the cesspool with you.

Blackhole is the "AP is a fraud" guy.

And if I recall correctly, I believe Alan only wanted the medical bills paid. I don't think he's running a con here.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Blackhole is the "AP is a fraud" guy.

And if I recall correctly, I believe Alan only wanted the medical bills paid. I don't think he's running a con here.
    He's been here before under other names, made a fool of himself and left with his tail between his legs. My guess is he's just trying to stir the pot again and will be gone when there's no traction from his idiotic comments.

Thread Information