Was in the area today and stopped by the Rincon, as I stated I would.

Here are my findings:

- There is one remaining 8/5 Bonus machine under $5/credit. That's machine #3402, located in that bank to the side of the high limit area. It's not along the wall of outside the high limit area, but rather located in the middle of one of the rows of VP machines to the side of it. It's next to one of the Double Super Times Pay machines. You'll find it if you spend a few minutes looking for it. It's an old school Game King. However, it should be noted that this is an 8/5/30 Bonus Poker machine, meaning that they pay a flat 30x your bet for quads, rather than the sliding scale from 25 to 80 that you're used to seeing. Unfortunately, this takes the game's payout down to 98.48%, but it's still better than traditional 7/5 Bonus Poker, which pays 98.01%. The denominations of this machine are 25c/50c/$1/$2, and it's the same paytable for all of them.

- All other VP machines with denominations under $5 are pretty bad. They are also inconsistent with paytables. For example, Bonus Poker on Super Times Pay is 6/5, but Bonus Poker on Double Super Times Pay is 7/5. Some machines are 6/5 for Aces and Faces and Bonus Poker, while others are 7/5. There are also some awful machines paying 1 for the two pair on Bonus Poker. Basically, if you see a new-looking machine with a nice, high-def display, you don't want it. The best paytables are still on some of the older school machines, but they're still not very good.

- High Limit room still has $5 Aces and Faces (99.26%), but it's $5 minimum. It also has ACE$ which has a 99.40% return, but since you'll almost never hit the special ACE$ payout, it plays just like a 99.17% 8-5 Bonus Poker machine. And speaking of good ol' 8-5 Bonus Poker, even in the high limit room they are doing that 98.48% 8/5/30 nonsense. Fortunately you can get around that by simply playing ACE$ or Aces and Faces.

What is alarming to me is how many horrible paytables exist on machines there, and how the payouts vary so much from machine to machine. And everything basically sucks if you're not playing $5/credit.