Many of you are probably aware of the "new" media policy for Caesars properties, effective 1/1/16.

Starting this year, Caesars changed its "free media for Seven Stars" policy to include internet for 2 devices only, plus one free movie per day. Before 2016, the policy was variable among properties, but mostly was player-friendly, typically including unlimited internet and unlimited movies.

Properties not owned by Caesars, such as Harrah's Resort SoCal/Rincon, Harrah's Cherokee, Harrah's Ak-Chin, and others are exempt from this requirement.

But back to the CET-owned properties.

You get 2 devices per day... but what kind of internet? Basic? Premium?

That is not stated anywhere, and no one knows.

I have gone round and round with numerous Caesars employees in Vegas (at both Caesars Palace and Rio), and no one knows.

Everyone agrees it's 2 devices, but most believe it only covers basic, with the premium (faster) internet causing an upcharge. However, when pressed on this, these employees admit they are just guessing.

Upon my own experimentation and research, I found that, premium internet is included in the Seven Stars media package in Vegas.

I went to Tahoe and asked the same thing. I was given 3 different answers. At check-in, I was told that it was 2 devices of any kind of internet. When I called to verify, I was told that it was UNLIMITED devices of any kind of internet. When I called VIP, I was told by both the employee and her manager that it's only 2 devices of basic (slow) internet, and that premium gets an upcharge.

However, after further research, I found that the premium internet appears in a "Seven Stars special folio" which gets charged to Total Rewards (the program itself, NOT your player account) -- meaning it's included for the Seven Stars guest, and does not charge him/her anything.

Once again, CET employees have no clue regarding their company's own policies, and admit they are not 100% sure when pressed regarding how they came to the answer they gave you.

Anyway, unless they change it, I believe that you CAN use premium internet at CET-owned properties if you're a Seven Stars, but only get 2 devices per day.