Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caesars properties employees are still clueless regarding Seven Stars internet policy in 2016

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Either you're only traveling where there's strong cell reception, or this isn't true.

Or you've just needed a marginal connection to where you can quickly check e-mail.

It is simply not a reliable solution to use cell data as a travel solution for internet, unless you are only using it sparingly.
    You need much more experience with this. With Verizon, most of the country is now 4G and it's basically the perfect connection. 3G is in some of the outlying locals but it still works OK. There are no "quick bursts" of internet service or dead spots wherever there's hotels. We use about 45-75 gig's a month and have for a very long time, esp. when we've traveled in the RV. Hot spots are VERY reliable--at least Verizon's is.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Regnis raises an excellent point about security.
    Using public networks should be a thing of the past for most people. I've never used one.

The risk using semi-public Wii like hotels is greatly overstated and overfeared.

The chance that anything valuable can/would be stolen from your internet connection is almost nil.

Most computers are also configured by default to close incoming ports that can be exploited, so it's not like the old days where anyone on your Wifi network can view your computer's files.

Also, once again Rob is full of crap. Data plans with 60 GB per month (which seems to be what he's claiming to have) cost $270/month BEFORE tax ($300+ after tax). If you're paying that, Rob, then you are wasting your money.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landi.../verizon-plan/
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan, you're a paranoid, proven liar who makes up thread subjects in order to justify buying such an anemic forum.

If you ever learned to read entire posts rather than getting all flustered like you do when you mistakenly think some clerk is trying to "rip you off" for 35c, you might have a more intelligent, credible response. Instead, you keep trying to build on your pretend issue that once again finds your head spinning clear off.

Up until what Verizon now tells me will be Sept. 10th, I've had an unlimited data plan for my 4 phones at $30/mo., of which 2 are now smartphones. It was grandfathered in a number of years ago. They are just now eliminating these unlimited plans--which they always claimed they'd never do--and I have to choose a new plan. And if I see that my usage requires what seems to be an "overly expensive" plan to you, I have little concern and I'll sign up for it. If you keep things simple, don't hassle over every single issue, and are able to understand that sweating these little things will ruin your life (or whatever's left to it) unless you wise up and stop with the sour, conflicted style you favor right now, your future will continue to be very bleak indeed, and you will continue to believe you're getting any value out of wasting your time running this mickey mouse board.

Rob, have you ever considered a post-retirement career as a life coach? I'm not exactly sure what they are, but you sure sound like one. God knows, you helped me. I'm down to 178 and no beer gut. If you ever decide to coach the sour and unwashed, I'll happily (as opposed to sourly) be a spokesperson. Maybe even a spokesmodel (did I mention no beer gut?).

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Dan, you're a paranoid, proven liar who makes up thread subjects in order to justify buying such an anemic forum.

If you ever learned to read entire posts rather than getting all flustered like you do when you mistakenly think some clerk is trying to "rip you off" for 35c, you might have a more intelligent, credible response. Instead, you keep trying to build on your pretend issue that once again finds your head spinning clear off.

Up until what Verizon now tells me will be Sept. 10th, I've had an unlimited data plan for my 4 phones at $30/mo., of which 2 are now smartphones. It was grandfathered in a number of years ago. They are just now eliminating these unlimited plans--which they always claimed they'd never do--and I have to choose a new plan. And if I see that my usage requires what seems to be an "overly expensive" plan to you, I have little concern and I'll sign up for it. If you keep things simple, don't hassle over every single issue, and are able to understand that sweating these little things will ruin your life (or whatever's left to it) unless you wise up and stop with the sour, conflicted style you favor right now, your future will continue to be very bleak indeed, and you will continue to believe you're getting any value out of wasting your time running this mickey mouse board.
    Once again, Rob tells us that money is no object, and that simplicity is his only life goal.

Must be nice.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Money is no object and simplicity is his life goal?

Don't knock it, Dan. Rob will be running for prez in 2020.

Who said aristocracy was dead?

I was gonna add it has to be premium access. I'm not 7 Stars and when I was in Vegas in January it would appear EVERYBODY whos a CET rewards member gets 2 free devices on their slow basic service because that's what we got. Wife and I had access we used the hotel wifi at the Flamingo and had her phone and mine on the internet and we are neither one 7 Stars members.. I did however breakdown and upgrade the internet to get my laptop up on the network for decent service to play WSOP.COM and when Drexel had his impromptu show on PFA..

BUMP

Everyone in Tahoe absolutely SWEARS that Seven Stars only get Basic internet, and will be upcharged $8/day for Premium.

In fact, some employees explained all the technicalities how it gets billed, and why it's impossible for it to be free for Seven Stars.

However, as of the time of this writing, I believe that indeed Seven Stars get Premium free, as it goes in that "Seven Stars folio" I described in July.

Don't quote me on that, and don't blame me if you end up getting charged, but I think it's still a secret benefit of Seven Stars which even most hotel employees don't realize.

My last trip to Caesars was over New Year's weekend. I signed on to Wifi on my phone and the sign on screen gave me a choice between standard wifi which was free or an upgrade for a charge, which I think was something like $8.95. I chose the free wifi and had no problem with my phone for Internet as well as voice. I never asked if I was entitled to the premium service as a 7 Stars. Had I had premium, would my results on my phone have been different? Would Angelina Jolie have called me?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    My last trip to Caesars was over New Year's weekend. I signed on to Wifi on my phone and the sign on screen gave me a choice between standard wifi which was free or an upgrade for a charge, which I think was something like $8.95. I chose the free wifi and had no problem with my phone for Internet as well as voice. I never asked if I was entitled to the premium service as a 7 Stars. Had I had premium, would my results on my phone have been different? Would Angelina Jolie have called me?
    Yes--but it would have been a collect call.

I would accept a collect call from Angelina Jolie. What's your problem, regnis? (LOL)

Angelina Jolie's not calling anyone. She's a libtard who's been in aroma therapy since the day Trump got elected. Maybe her father John Voight will call instead. As a conservative, his life is carrying on with hopeful anxiety, and he's at absolute peace with himself these days. Especially after 1/20/2017--our new American Holiday....the day the great Obama Error ended!

Rob Singer. As I was reading your post above I started to think "Rob has no sense of humor." After I finished reading the entire post I said to myself "he must have fallen and hit his head."

Thread Information