Thread: Michel Richard, owner of former Caesars "Central" restaurant, dies at 68

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...d78_story.html

I've never told this story before, but I got the manager of Central fired in 2013.

My sister and her husband were dining there for lunch. I was not present during the meal. My sister's sandwich was piled extremely high, and she found it very tough to eat that way. When she asked the manager if they could simply split up the sandwich into two smaller ones, he made a lewd comment to her related to it, right in front of her husband!

Her husband then got angry and demanded an apology from the manager, who admitted he had made a lewd comment but told him to "get a sense of humor".

After the meal, they demanded the name of this manager's boss. He refused to give it. They wouldn't leave until he gave the name of his boss, at which point the manager told them that they needed to walk out and "never come back" or he would get them 86'd permanently from all Caesars properties. Clearly he was attempting to scare them off so they couldn't report his behavior to his boss. He then shouted "SECURITY!" five times in a loud voice, as if the place were being robbed. The other diners there were startled by this and thought something terrible must be happening. Security did come, and he lied about what was happening. My sister and husband didn't get kicked out, though, as the guard believed them and told the manager to give the name of his boss, which he finally did.

When I heard about this, I came down and confronted the manager. Again, he admitted to the lewd comment, but lied to me about why he wouldn't give the name of his boss, claiming that he "simply couldn't find the business card" of the boss. When I questioned that BS claim, he barked at me, "This is too weird!", and walked away into the kitchen, out of view.

There were various witnesses to these events, so he couldn't really lie about it later.

Anyway, I got a hold of the general manager, who was very interested in the story. He had me write up what occurred, which I did.

Within a few days, he determined that my account of the situation was correct, and fired the manager.

Central left Caesars in 2015, and another similar restaurant is in its spot. I was always annoyed at how it functioned as the 24 hour cafe for Caesars, because no food comps worked there, since it was independently owned.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I have to ask. What was the comment?

How about, "I've never heard a woman complain about the thickness of my meat."

Close?

Thread Information