Thread: debate #1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Neither won. Both had their strengths and weaknesses. I'm still supporting Trump but I expected better from him. Hillary did better than I expected but not enough to sway me.

I agree. But Trump missed some opportunities. He could have dug in on the e-mail's more and when she brought up his treatment of women in his past, he could have talked about who she is still married to.

Originally Posted by fly2rei View Post
    I agree. But Trump missed some opportunities. He could have dug in on the e-mail's more and when she brought up his treatment of women in his past, he could have talked about who she is still married to.
    Excellent points.

Hillary won convincingly. To be honest I did not think she would be able to go toe to toe with him as he seems to get away with anything. He was not prepared and as the debate went on he often appeared IMO disinterested and was often attempting to BS his way through. Even Fox News admitted that Hillary won the debate. She just came across as more presidential. The split screen format did not do him any favors.

I think this highlights what Cuban was saying -- Trump just doesn't care enough to prepare. He doesn't prepare for things like this -- he considers preparation beneath him.

I know someone who was witness to a phone meeting with Trump back in the 90s when Trump was trying to procure a major loan for possible LV inroads while his AC properties were underwater. Trump tried to wing it without any info (or collateral). It didn't go well.

Is it possible Trump didn't "pull out the big guns" for this debate, storing them for the following (more important?) debates.

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    Is it possible Trump didn't "pull out the big guns" for this debate, storing them for the following (more important?) debates.
    No. This isn't like playing chess or like playing poker when you might sacrifice small loses to gain a big win later. Every debate must be "won."

Thread Information