Thread: Caesars New Year's Eve VIP Party

Back Street Boys and Calvin Harris. Insiders are shocked.
    http://alanbestbuys.com/id444.html

Are the demographics shifting enough to justify this?

Originally Posted by RoeIncarnate View Post
    Are the demographics shifting enough to justify this?
    No they're not. The VIP event is still something for Diamond and Seven Stars players which is still an older demographic.

Last year, by the way, a lot of older players did not attend the Ariana Grande party/show for NYE, and the hosts at Caesars were upset that so many of their "players" did not go to Caesars for NYE weekend last year. Now they are calling their clients and telling them about this year's "entertainment" and they are fearing a similar reaction.

I have opted out of the party and I am going to see Elton John and have dinner at Old Homestead. Dinner will be better and I really am not in the mood to be in a ballroom with 500 people in a simulated "club setting."

Alan, how are you going to pay for the Old Homestead dinner? With RCs? Host F&B comp? What about the Elton John tickets?

I agree that the Backstreet Boys are a head-scratching choice for an older clientele.

At 44, I am younger than the average Seven Stars, and the Backstreet Boys are still too "young" of a band for my demographic. I can only imagine how 60-year-olds are feeling about seeing a group like that.

Once again CET is clueless.

I will not likely be in Vegas for NYE this year, anyway.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I have a 7 Stars Experience for a $500 folio credit that I am going to use which will cover the $500 for the Elton John tickets. I have other comps to cover other expenses such as Old Homestead.

Nick Carter is 36. He's too old to appeal to a young club demographic and too young to be a crooner yet. What the heck was Caesars thinking? Or was it not Caesars Palace?

Hey, Alan, that leads me to a question. Does CET somehow impose their NYE choice on Caesars Palace, is there a wrasslin' match between Caesers Palace management and CET upper management as to choices of entertainment, or what? Does Caesars Palace have no say in who they put out there NYE?

Inquiring minds would love to know, because the choices the last two years have been very weird.

Redietz I mentioned the "politics" of this choice in my website article.

Awwwwww, thanks, now I understand.

So NYE serves as a lead-in to get them maximum exposure prior to the Planet Hollywood residency. The NYE gig is probably built into the residency contract as a promo/PR appearance, which would make sense if a DJ is the host of the NYE event. Costs much less than actually hiring a high profile name for New Year's.

There should be a separate event for the older Seven Stars demographic. This is almost a nose thumbing at the usual Seven Stars members.

I think Frank and Dean are previously engaged red.

Us old guys thoroughly enjoyed JLo and Katy Perry in the past. Yes Katy Perry dripped sweat on me during her show. I was right under her with the other old guys.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    I think Frank and Dean are previously engaged red.
    Yeah, no Sammy, either.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Us old guys thoroughly enjoyed JLo and Katy Perry in the past. . . . I was right under her with the other old guys.
    I think I would like to be under Katy as well.

Thread Information